Pivot System - page 7

Bruno

I tried that and it doesn't work. No matter if I drag the MovingAverage to the CCI window, the MA will appear on the price chart.

Maybe you have a different MA. Please attach it here.

About the EMA3(Open) ... You are right, in the first post I recommended EMA3Close but after I created the EA I said that the EA is using EMA3Open to reduce the whipsaws. With EMA3Close it has much more bad signals.

I have built up an EA for this strategy. It needs more work. I'm not very satisfied with the backtesting. I have switched to EMA3 Open (instead of EMA3 Close) #13

Please attach your MA file.

Thank you.

Hi,

Oki I will put ema3open now.

I do not have special MA, it is MA of the indicators folder of the MT4

MA over the CCI

I got it Bruno. Silly me!

...previous indicator's data...

I reassure you, I did not make a success of the first time too

Help for piece of code

Hello,

I come to ask you a little assistance in order to have the piece of code which defines a variable as moving average of CCI.

By reading the messages above, you will understand what I want to do.

By advance thank you of your assistance.

hey cucurucu, thanks for sharing heikin-ashi and the idea of the ema/pivot seems good. GBP/JPY is also my pair of preference. I don't care to have your system on automatic, but I wish to implement it in my current method. Perhaps i find out something you can make use of.

I'm a dunce on what regards metatrader, my problem is that i downloaded your heikin-ashi and pivots, but they appear as script file only, and not as ex4 file. Since the 4.88 update many indicators of mine have disappeared. Does anyone here know what I can do? I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but please help me anyway

Thanks for your help guys

Hi pederpan

Have you tried to complile the indicators? In order to have the ex4 files, you have to compile the mq4 files. Open the files with MetaEditor and click the Compile button. After that it should work. If you have problems with certain MT4 build versions, you can download the latest build and install it. Sometimes the LiveUpdate can affect your indicators.

Good Luck!

Hi Cucurucu,

Could you be so kind, and simplify your ea, I mean just buy and sell orders on cross ema 3 close and pivot line, without TP and SL, just reverse. I'm testing this system manually on demo, and i think it's great. I know we should use some filters, but i just want to check on historical data, is it profitable in long term without any filters. EA you attached earlier not works properly on backtesting. Could you simplify it, plizz?

Hi Krall

Yes. I could modify the EA. I'm already testing a modified version with more filters.

So, you want the EA to buy when EMA3 crosses the Pivot line upwards(and close the short at the same time)? Just that?

Please specify which EMA3 (Open,Close,Median, etc).

Please note that if you think you will use EMA3 close, it's not going to work. EMA3close is mobile until the next bar opens, so, in the 1 bar period you can (and will) get many crosses. This will result in many consecutive openings/closings within the same bar, with many consecutive losses.

The close condition must be when the EMA3 is on the other side of the pivot... Not crossing from one side to the other. There are many days when the EMA does'n cross the pivot, but at the begining of the day, the EMA is on the wrong side. That's why, the order must be closed if EMA is on the other side.

I hope you understand. Please describe the desired system in detail and I'll do it.

Bye.

Thanks Cucurucu

You are right, it has to be EMA Open, cause Close 'touches' pivot to many times during one candle. In this case (close) we should enter on the next bar after cross, i don't know which one is better.

I would like to have everything as simple as posiible, order on the cross and reverse, to backtest main idea without filters.

BTW which filters you are using, and what results you have?

Reason: