**Steinitz** Method Revealed Here - page 28

bluto:
Yes, but it ranges ever so beautifully! You could make a mint off of a properly crafted EA that takes advantage of the way this snail moves, even with an ATR of 10 pips a day! Sometimes I think I'd rather trade this pair and stay away from the Yen and all of it's other volatile unforgiving buddies.

Yeah it ranges nicely, but for the HAS method of scalping I think it would be dangerous unless you are shooting for 2 pips a day. Scalping is much easier in volitile pairs (atleast to me).

Eur/gbp

BLUTO

I must agree with your #308 post as I have made some nice PIPS on this pair

over the years. Not only that, but the pips pay good as well. This pair will

however @ times try your patience as is creeps along. This is a good pair for

slow methodical trades tha tyou can scale in & out of as needed from wave

to wave.

My progress

Steinitz, just a note to let you know, using your timeframe down method, I entered a buy on the gbp/jpy and am currently up 160 pips! I might have closed the order as it hit a R2 pivot at 238.39, but the indicators are all solid blue so I'm going to let this puppy go and see how far it will take me.

Thanks for the great method!

Having major issues with MT4

As you know I have posted my results on my trading here on the Mt4 platform. I have never had a losing trade yet when I close out a position with a profit magically it puts me in another opposite position. When I see that trade I close it out with a loss.

This is absolutely bullshit as I wanted a perfect result. Now I have 3 or 4 losses that are false. Look at the statement and then statement #1. Statement #1 was generated minutes after I saw the erroneous trade and closed it out.

Look at USD/CAD I would have never gone long on it. Check your REDcharts.

I need help on this as I should have NO losing trades and this hurts.

Files:

steinitz:
As you know I have posted my results on my trading here on the Mt4 platform. I have never had a losing trade yet when I close out a position with a profit magically it puts me in another opposite position. When I see that trade I close it out with a loss.

This is absolutely bullshit as I wanted a perfect result. Now I have 3 or 4 losses that are false. Look at the statement and then statement #1. Statement #1 was generated minutes after I saw the erroneous trade and closed it out.

Look at USD/CAD I would have never gone long on it. Check your REDcharts.

I need help on this as I should have NO losing trades and this hurts.

Is this real money or a demo account? So are you saying there is a bug in MT4 or the broker is screwing with you?

Sorry I only use MT for the charts and don't trade off it since I use IB.

tracej:
Is this real money or a demo account? So are you saying there is a bug in MT4 or the broker is screwing with you? Sorry I only use MT for the charts and don't trade off it since I use IB.

This is a demo. Also, the instructions using the help button are describing a much different list of options that I don't see available to me.

I am trying to weigh in all the + and - of all the brokers and they all have issues. So far EFX has the best pricing but crappy platform. IB has the best platform but 50:1 margin. I don't want a MM.

Anyway I am really disappointed since I really wanted to see if I could show a statement with no losses. All losses on my statements are bugs.

Any ideas out there???????

coolhand:
Steinitz, just a note to let you know, using your timeframe down method, I entered a buy on the gbp/jpy and am currently up 160 pips! I might have closed the order as it hit a R2 pivot at 238.39, but the indicators are all solid blue so I'm going to let this puppy go and see how far it will take me. Thanks for the great method!

Good job!

I don't like the pivot program. For some reason it can look ok on some charts and scrunched up on other charts iregardless of TF settings. I am going to delete the pivot program and stick to colors.

Dear all,

anyone can help me why my 4F Has Bar/Bar 2 not working in my chart..its only appear in one colour and not indicate the colour trend blue & red.

Files:

steinitz:
Good job! I don't like the pivot program. For some reason it can look ok on some charts and scrunched up on other charts iregardless of TF settings. I am going to delete the pivot program and stick to colors.

That pivot indicator might be scrunched because it's using Sunday's numbers to calculate Monday's pivot lines. The approach I use when using pivots is to use the OHLC values from the prior Friday to calculate both Sunday & Monday. Just a thought.

Did You Refresh Thru The Timeframes?

onetarmizi:

Try cycling thru all timeframes on your charts. This is when you first turn on chart program, it has to update the 4MTF Has/Has2 bars.

Or another possible problem is when you copied the HAS candle program, it may have incorrect file name.

It must be: Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed_Alert, check this file in MT4. The 4MTF files reference the HAS candle file in this format.

Hope this helps.

Reason: