Pivot System

Hello

Please tell me what do you think about the following system. Any improving ideeas will be greatly appreciated. I have been using this system manually and it gives very good results. Please take a look at the chart attached.

Basically, I open a position when the EMA3(Close) crosses the Pivot Line (the yellow horizontal line). If the EMA3 is going up I buy, if it is going down I sell.

If in the same day the EMA3 crosses the pivot line many times, it will result in loses but those days are few. I am still testing an exit strategy based on Heikin Ashi candlesticks... I'm thinking maybe it is better to close a position if the HA changes colour, but only in the opening day. If, after I enter the market, the HA doesn't change colour that day, i will not exit based on Heikin Ashi. I will wait until the day when the EMA3 will be in the "wrong" side of the pivot line.

There are other small problems like the 00:00 bar. That needs more thought. Look at the chart on 09 Feb and you'll see what I mean.

Look at the chart. It speaks for itself. Around 1500 pips profit (20 jan-24 feb 2006).

What do you think about making an EA with this strategy?

I have been trying many pairs and timeframes and my conclusion is that GBPJPY H4 is the best. You may also try the GBPUSD but this pair's moves are too hectic compared to GBPJPY.

Have a nice weekend!

Files:
gbpjpy_1.gif  48 kb

Can you please post the indicators you use for the setup? what about a template?

Thanks

Sada

Pivot Point System

It looks good, but I have never seen that a pivot point indicator that plots the pivot lines like your version. Can you please post what you are using so we can test it.

Here are the indicators

Hi,

Thank you for your opinions and I'm waiting for your suggestions!

It is better to add the Heikin Ashi first, and then add the EMA. Otherwise, the EMA will be less visible.

Please add all these 3 indicators(these 2 attached + EMA3) to your chart an tell me what do you think.

Bye.

Files:
pivot.mq4  5 kb

Try it without Sunday!

Please note that this works better if you don't have sundays on your chart. I have an Alpari account and it's ok (Monday-Friday), but my MIG account displays sundays, so the pivot and S/R lines are messed up.

Have a nice weekend.

cucurucu:
Hi,

Thank you for your opinions and I'm waiting for your suggestions!

Bye.

It looks good, but I can not imagine I will be sitting on it whole 24 day, becouse of timeframe 4H.

Can someone please check, if EA can be programmed?

It needs time, or alerts

Yes glader, you are right. That is the downside. An EA will be great but we must think of some filtering. There are days (please check the 3rd of January 2006) when the price movement is "ugly", with no direction. In those days, the EMA3 crosses the Pivot line many times, so the EA will lose a lot in those days.

As a person, I can see how "strong" is the breakout. The EA can't. That's why we need to find some filters. Right now I'm looking at the ATR and TR, may be they will help in filtering the signals.

Please come with some suggestions.

Bye.

Pivot

I have been looking at your pivot system using the StepRSI as a filter and entering on a buy only if the fast StepRSI line is above the slow StepRSI line, enter a sell when the fast is below the slow. It seems to weed out alot of the false trades.

Files:
pivot2.gif  21 kb

Hi image3022

I don't see any difference. Every time the EMA crosses the Pivot, the StochRSI is in the right position. Please point on this chart (or other chart)any crossing when the StochRSI is not in the right positon.

Which EMA3 do you use? (Open,Close,Median,...)

I have been testing with EMA3 Open and i think it's better than the EMA3 Close (suggested i the first post). I "lose" the first bar, but I reduce the whipsaws.

Bye

Your quite right there is virtually no difference, I didn't relize you using the StochRSI, I have been using EMA 3 close on the H1 chart and will also try the open instead, how have you found the results of the H4 compared to the H1?

I have also been trialing the Shi Channel as a possible exit strategy.

Chart showing Shi channel.

Files:
pivot3.gif  20 kb
Reason: