Harmonic Trading - page 343

Robot Trader:
Thank you for sharing your modified ZUP, I like the user ability to switch on/off certain patterns with just a TRUE/FALSE command, I have a couple of question, if you could please assist.

1) My broker server time is GMT +1 hour, but I do not know what time on Friday the last bars open, how do I find this out?

2) Do patterns only appear as Zig Zag lines with your modified version or can we choose to see triangles/solid patterns?

Regards

RT

1) Please open a 1 minute chart(pair is not important) , find the last 1 minute bar for Friday. Open time of that bar is the data that you're looking for.

2) Yes, only in zzraylines. But I can add this option for the next release.

Hi grandaevus, great work!!!

one question, it is normal, after compile 2 errors:

Function "_SendMail" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "_CountBarsForDTime" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Maybe it is possible to find friday bar and others automatically instead of manually in next version?

Files:
error.png  8 kb

xxx-man:
Hi grandaevus, great work!!!

one question, it is normal, after compile 2 errors:

Function "_SendMail" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "_CountBarsForDTime" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Maybe it is possible to find friday bar and others automatically instead of manually in next version?

It's not a compile error. _SendMail && _CountBarsForDTime are just two functions that are not used in the code. While building the ex4 file, compiler omits these two functions since they're not needed.

In older versions, I wrote that _CountBarsForDtime function to calculate D time automatically but it takes to much time & cpu load in lower time frames like M1 & M5.

This new way is more efficient.

grandaevus:
1) Please open a 1 minute chart(pair is not important) , find the last 1 minute bar for Friday. Open time of that bar is the data that you're looking for.

My last minute bar opened at 21:59, by broker is GMT +1, so do I need to enter 20.59 to set it to GMT time?

grandaevus:
2) Yes, only in zzraylines. But I can add this option for the next release.

Yes that would be great I do like to see the solid patterns, a while back in one of the ZUP version the AB=CD patterns came with 2 colour triangles which looked really good.

Cheers

RT

Robot Trader:
My last minute bar opened at 21:59, by broker is GMT +1, so do I need to enter 20.59 to set it to GMT time?

Yes that would be great I do like to see the solid patterns, a while back in one of the ZUP version the AB=CD patterns came with 2 colour triangles which looked really good.

Cheers

RT

press ctrl+D to open Data Window or view ---> Data Window

point the last m1 minute bar with your mouse. Data Window will show the all necessary data including bar open time

grandaevus:
press ctrl+D to open Data Window or view ---> Data Window point the last m1 minute bar with your mouse. Data Window will show the all necessary data including bar open time

Yes I have already done that and the open time of the last bar was 21:59, but my broker server time is GMT+1, so I was asking if I need to adjust my last open time to GMT time (20:59) by taking 1 hour away or do I just input 21:59?

It is just that it said something about allowing for GMT in the instructions.

Thanks for your replies

Regards

RT

Robot Trader:
Yes I have already done that and the open time of the last bar was 21:59, but my broker server time is GMT+1, so I was asking if I need to adjust my last open time to GMT time (20:59) by taking 1 hour away or do I just input 21:59?

It is just that it said something about allowing for GMT in the instructions.

Thanks for your replies

Regards

RT

you should enter the date that data window shows

grandaevus:
you should enter the date that data window shows

Now I am even more confused, you want me to enter the date​?

grandaevus:

For Exact D Box calculation, three parameters are needed.

Friday Last M1 Bar Open Time;

Sunday First M1 Bar Open Time;

Sunday First H4 Bar Open Time;

Please put these data in here

extern string ______________3_____________ = "Parameters for Gartley Patterns";

extern double FibonacciDeviation = 0.05;

extern double LegLengthDeviation = 0.05;

extern double TimeDeviation = 0.10;

extern string FridayLastM1BarOpenTime = "N/A";

extern string SundayFirstM1BarOpenTime= "N/A";

extern string SundayFirstH4BarOpenTime= "N/A";

Format is two digit hour, two digit minutes like "22:00".

If your broker's gmt server time setting is gmt+2 or more, there shouldn't be a sunday open. In this case, leave Sunday M1 & H4 as "N/A"

I am assuming that I do not need to enter the date, from Data Window these are the open time for each bar

FridayLastM1BarOpenTime = 21:59

SundayFirstM1BarOpenTime= 22:15

SundayFirstH4BarOpenTime= 22:15

So I need to enter the Sunday values because my broker is only GMT +1, have I done it correctly?

Regards

RT

Robot Trader:
Now I am even more confused, you want me to enter the date​?

Sorry. My mistake. Time not date.

For my broker, Friday Last M1 Bar Open Time is 20:54

Files:
screenshot.png  59 kb
Reason: