Harmonic Trading - page 339

grandaevus:
New Style

Old Style

Hi grandaevus,

Sorry to trouble you, but I note from reading this thread that you made some changes to the code of ZUP allowing none coders the ability to test their own pattern ideas (custom patterns), but this still means digging into the code to make changes.

I wanted to ask if it is possible to make it even simpler by just creating parameters within ZUP which allow the user to enter ratios (or a range of values) based on XABCD pattern points e.g Parameter String name Custom pattern, parameter names X to A = user value entered A to B = user value entered B to C = user value entered C to D = user value entered. Then further parameters for calculations X to B = user value entered X to D = user value entered and A to D = user value entered.

I am not sure how many parameters are needed to get the indicator to work by just adding values rather than having to change the code manually for a custom pattern to be recognised, I just felt this approach would make it much simpler for anyone (like me) who would like to find a none standard pattern, but does not have any idea how to code.

Please let me have your thoughts on whether this is possible to allow the average joe to practice finding patterns.

Regards

RT

113=n200 ________________

Files:
eurjpyh4.png  62 kb

poruchik:
Add HENRY & Leonardo

Leonardo see here (Poland) FibonacciTeam: Formacja harmoniczna Leonarda

often Leonardo=A NEN Star

Thank you very much......and good trading!

poruchik:
Add B-fly 113 NZD H1

very good...1.13% is derived from 0.886%....

Robot Trader:
Hi grandaevus,

Sorry to trouble you, but I note from reading this thread that you made some changes to the code of ZUP allowing none coders the ability to test their own pattern ideas (custom patterns), but this still means digging into the code to make changes.

I wanted to ask if it is possible to make it even simpler by just creating parameters within ZUP which allow the user to enter ratios (or a range of values) based on XABCD pattern points e.g Parameter String name Custom pattern, parameter names X to A = user value entered A to B = user value entered B to C = user value entered C to D = user value entered. Then further parameters for calculations X to B = user value entered X to D = user value entered and A to D = user value entered.

I am not sure how many parameters are needed to get the indicator to work by just adding values rather than having to change the code manually for a custom pattern to be recognised, I just felt this approach would make it much simpler for anyone (like me) who would like to find a none standard pattern, but does not have any idea how to code.

Please let me have your thoughts on whether this is possible to allow the average joe to practice finding patterns.

Regards

RT

Further to my above post I see what I am asking for is already coded into the indicator however it does not seem to work for me.

extern int CustomPattern = 0; // 0 - do not display user pattern

// 1 - displayed together with a core group of patterns

// 2 - Only custom patterns

So I have a couple of questions if anyone can help when CustomPattern = 2 The ZUP only displays the patterns that I am looking for, but if set to 1, my set Custom pattern will appear with any group of patternsselected by the user (correct)? But when I set to 2 it still shows other patterns

extern double minXB = 0.67; // 0.382; //0.5;

extern double maxXB = 0.67; // 0.942; //0.618;

extern double minAC = 0.618; // 0.447; //0.382;

extern double maxAC = 0.618; // 0.942; //0.618;

extern double minBD = 2.46; // 1.144; //1.128;

extern double maxBD = 2.46; // 2.128; //1.272;

extern double minXD = 1.272; // 0.5; //0.618;

extern double maxXD = 1.272; // 0.942; //0.886;

Just in case when set to 2 it was displaying the above default values I changed them to ratios that would not work and it still displays patterns so apart from setting CustomPattern to 2 is there anything else that needs changing to make CustomPattern parameter work?

extern double minXB = 0.67; // 0.382; //0.5; The ZUP allows you to change the value 0.67 in the parameter, but in the code I see ; // 0.382; //0.5; next to 0.67 (the default value) what are these values and how do they change when the user enters another value other than 0.67 e.g. 0.87 is entered what will happen to // 0.382; //0.5; values?

Regards

RT

Butterfly on GbpJpy H4 & D1 time frames

Files:
gbpjpydaily.png  42 kb

butterfly 113

poruchik:
Add B-fly 113 NZD H1

hi poruchik if i want to only search butterfly 113 what do i do????

input B 113 in custom pattern and custom pattern=2

now in c.p. - pattern Henry

poruchik:
input B 113 in custom pattern and custom pattern=2 now in c.p. - pattern Henry

Loaded 113 set custom pattern = 2, but still get all patterns on chart (not touched anyother parameter), not found a ZUP yet where custom pattern works

poruchik:
input B 113 in custom pattern and custom pattern=2 now in c.p. - pattern Henry

i do it but it search henry yet????!!!!

and i have another question: i want to know what can i set EXACT percent for search pattern because pattern had searched were not equal with percent that i input???

in pic i set for xb =78.6 but zup find it with xb = 50% ?????!!!!! witch part of zup must set to do not have this mistake??

Files:
usdchfh4.png  47 kb
Reason: