Harmonic Trading - page 581

krelian99:
I like dragons for several reasons. It is never boring with them and you're never cold and... ... ...ok, let's be serious. Look yourself, how powerful a double bottom with some fibo ratios can be.

First target at 1.27 of CD

Second target at 0.886 to 1.0 of AB

Third target at 1.38 of AB

SL: Stop few ticks below the lowest low of two legs B and D.

(Counted ABCDE, not XABCD.)

What use for dragons patterns ?

ZUPp_v48 and TheHarmonicIndi. Dragons are easy to find

krelian99:
No, the size plays no rule on harmonic patterns and wolfe waves. When they are valid, they are solid. When you change to higher time frame, the pattern is smaller but it is there and it is not more or less valid than before. I don't change the depth. You see small as well as very big patterns chart.

So, is it correct to say, if there is a pattern, changing the maxDepth moves the recognition of the pattern to higher/lower timeframe?

No, it means it is time frame independent. A given pattern appears smaller on higher time frame but it is still valid no matter what size it is. The small pattern is part of a bigger movement, but can't can say for sure how big the role is. Is it part of a short retracement before the big impulse or is it with the big trend changing reversal. This comes with experience, e.g. dragons can be very small compared to the following wave.

Let the maxDepth be maxDepth. More important is Select pattern=5 (no Totals) and ExtGarleyTypeSearch=1 for more than 1 pattern. And you can set ABCD=0, ABCDs are very cumbersome with ZUP.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far,far away....

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178496

SIMBA dragons

Hello All,

Wish you Good day and best wishes to all.

I have been using ZUP CCI V 48 for quite some time. This indicator version i have has a limitation that it does not update automatically. It needs to be reloaded to know the status. It is a serious limitation and adds lot of stress to the one using it.

I request if any of you have improved version of ZUP CCI that does not have this limitation. If not can some update the same such that it can update the chart automatically with each trade or at chosen intervals of time say 5 or 15 min. Any help in this regards is highly appreciated.

With warm regards,

Avadcs

avadcs@yahoo.com

Files:
goldm15.png  96 kb

krelian99:
No, it means it is time frame independent. A given pattern appears smaller on higher time frame but it is still valid no matter what size it is. The small pattern is part of a bigger movement, but can't can say for sure how big the role is. Is it part of a short retracement before the big impulse or is it with the big trend changing reversal. This comes with experience, e.g. dragons can be very small compared to the following wave. Let the maxDepth be maxDepth. More important is Select pattern=5 (no Totals) and ExtGarleyTypeSearch=1 for more than 1 pattern. And you can set ABCD=0, ABCDs are very cumbersome with ZUP.

Thanks krelian99. I will give ExtGarleyTypeSearch=1 a go, to see how it is comparing to only seeing one pattern.

Cheers

krelian99:
ZUPp_v48 and TheHarmonicIndi. Dragons are easy to find

You can post what ZUP you use for dragons ?

I can not find zup v48

Please and thank you !

Here you find it. There is also a search function.

krelian99:
Here you find it. There is also a search function.

Thanks very much !

Reason: