Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 265

fxbs:
looks pretty good - where you use it?

Oh! God !! Thank you fxbs....Just experiments with waves...

What about positive EA signals on different time frams?

Hi and thank you for your very nice indicators. I am trying, unsuccessfully, to write multiple time fram EA (MTFEA) that will be applied to the 15, 5, and 1 min. charts, that will generate the signal on 1 minute chart only if the signals are true on the 15, 5, and 1 minute charts. (i.e., that the conditions are true on all higher time frams before it will open auto trade on a lower time fram). Your time and feed back are highly appreciated. Thank you.

keris2112:
Hi all,

I've been wanting to have the ability to plot indicators from different timeframes on my chart, but MT doesn't have this capability built in. (Does anyone know of any charting programs that do this natively?) As an example, if you're following the IWCR system, it'd be nice to be able to plot the Daily RSI on your 5 Min. chart.

When I put together the Daily Volitily Breakout indicator, that sorta did what I wanted in that it allowed you to add it to any timeframe (Daily or less) and see where the daily breakout point would be. The problem was that it was limited to only showing the Daily value.

About 2 weeks ago I came across Igorad's Price Channel Stop indicator and it seemed to do what I wanted (with regard to mulitiple timeframes). I started trying to use the Price Channel indicator as a template, adding code from other indicators and tweaking it to work within the new structure, but they never seemed to work. (I'm still not a very good coder.) Then last night I had a "breakthrough": If I can't figure out how to properly add the code from the other indicators, why not just Reference them, with their iName or iCustom? So, that's what I did. And, it works great.

Here are a few things to keep in mind when using these:

1) TimeFrameis the input you use to specify what timeframe to pull the data from.

2) You must set TimeFrame in minutes (1,5,15,30,60,240,1440,10080,43200)

3) By default, TimeFrame is set to 0, which means that it will use whatever the current timeframe is, i.e it will act as the original indicator.

4) If you set TimeFrame to anything other than 0, it must be >= current timeframe. (In other words, don't use a M15 PSar on an H1 chart. The values won't be correct. An H1 PSar on an M15 chart works properly.)

I've setup 5 Multi-TimeFrame (MTF) indicators to use as examples. You can open them up and use the code as a template so that you can make any existing indicator MTF. Please don't post asking for other indicators to be made, as the thread will soon turn into one big 'please do this for every MT4 indicator'. It's really, really simple to do, and if you don't know how to code, spend a week reading Coder Guru's MT4 programming guide and you'll be able to do it.

If I have time, I'll add more. Hopefully others will add their MTF conversions to the thread.

Multi-TimeFrame set 1 contains:

#MTF_MovingAverage.mq4

#MTF_PSar.mq4

#MTF_RSI.mq4

#MTF_MACD.mq4

#MTF_CCI.mq4

The attached chart is the following:

M5 Chart with LimeGreen PSar

M15 PSar

M60 SMA(13)

H4 CCI

M30 MACD

H1 RSI

Well, I hope these come in handy for some of you. Thanks Igor, for your fantastic coding skills. I've learned a lot just by studying your code.

Keris

EDIT:

Added #MTF Set 2.zip on 3/4/06 ---- (Bollinger Bands, Juice, Linear Price Bar, Price, Stochastic)

MTF Osma color

Hi

I cant find the MTF version of this indicator. Any help?

TIA

Pepe

Yeremeya:
Сan someone write a mtf version for ftlm-stlm indicator (digital filters section) ???

looks pretty good - where you use it?

Files:

MTF possible?

Files:

I was wondering if there's an MTF indicator that shows the exact 5M graph on a 1M chart?

That means I'll have 2 same indicator on the 1M chart but the 5M indicator looks exactly like it is on the 5M chart, not steppy. Thanks!

Just a coincidence

droesparky:
MTF possible?

Found it in my pc. Created by someone else.

Thank You V X

Hello guys,

I got some problems, this indicator not update in real time, imho it's just a samll problem.

Can a coder can take a look at it please ?

Thanks

Files:

different approach to look at MTF

just lifted from "something interesting thread https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/116-something-interesting-please-post-here/page21#comment_250731

Stig

Priliv

Displays 3 lines of different color, showing speed of a trend on current, the nearest greater and following greater TF. Beige color of a line means calculation with the least period (current TF). Green color - display in current TF lines of the nearest senior TF. For example, if you look TF H1 the green line is displayed how in TF H4 is displayed beige. Accordingly, the red line is used for display of the tendency in following senior TF.

Points of crossing of lines of different color for indicators Priliv and Priliv_s not necessarily should coincide. It is connected by that all lines in indicator Priliv_s are constructed concerning a direct line (white color), and in indicator Priliv - concerning three different МА, and in a window one of them (the least, white color) is displayed only.

It can be applied on any TF. The crossing of the indicator means change of a direction of a trend.

My translate not good. Sorry

Author : index

p.s. indis posted there: https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/116-something-interesting-please-post-here/page21#comment_250731

Files:
priliv_s.gif  30 kb
priliv.mq4  8 kb
priliv_sw.mq4  8 kb
Reason: