Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 1150

hi mladen...

help me about this indicator....

it's can not work....but after i cange the timeframe and back again can appear...
thank's u...
Files:

yoppy:

hi mladen...

help me about this indicator....

yoppy

shi silver trend signal is repainting. What you see is what is usually called a "classical repainting"

Bigger TimeFrames Dynamic Trend

Hi Tampa_

The HTF trends picture looks interesting, so tried it out.

But it is crashing due to out of range indexes when accessing Trendx[(i+N)*multiplier] on the initial pass.

It fails on trend x with +N= 1, 2 or 3 depending on which TFs have been selected.

As a simple fix I just subtracted 600 (i.e. >3*168) to get H4, D1, W1 TFs to display on H1 chart, but more thoughtful solution is required:

i.e. int limit = Bars-counted_bars  -600;

I also noticed that when the chart is in a timeframe, or switched to a timframe that is >= to any of the 3 MTF trends set in the indicator, that it sends out an alert (which is OK), but it still goes through and allocates and sets buffers etc (vs return(0) (or -1)), which don't get properly cleaned up when all TFs set correctly, so leaves lots of junk around.

And it also crashes, when going to lower chart TF than H1 (with H4, D1, W1 selected), due to the quick fix of -600 above rather than proper code handling.

Hope this testing/feedback is of use.

Thanks

tampa_:

Bigger TimeFrames Dynamic Trend

do you remember your settings?

mrtools:

Have this one

Hi mrtools,

Yes, this is exactly what I was looking for.

A couple of features that would be nice for allowing flipping from chart to chart and timeframe to timeframe would be a bar display limit (save CPU/Bandwidth) and a parameter for relative TF selection, e.g. 1, 2 etc to display current TF+1, TF+2, etc. to augment the current/specific TF selections.

However as it is, this is a very nice indicator and many thanks  !!!

thefxpros:

do you remember your settings?

Default parameters + 1 hour, 4 hour and daily time frames

profitabl:

Hi Tampa_

The HTF trends picture looks interesting, so tried it out.

But it is crashing due to out of range indexes when accessing Trendx[(i+N)*multiplier] on the initial pass.

It fails on trend x with +N= 1, 2 or 3 depending on which TFs have been selected.

As a simple fix I just subtracted 600 (i.e. >3*168) to get H4, D1, W1 TFs to display on H1 chart, but more thoughtful solution is required:

i.e. int limit = Bars-counted_bars  -600;

I also noticed that when the chart is in a timeframe, or switched to a timframe that is >= to any of the 3 MTF trends set in the indicator, that it sends out an alert (which is OK), but it still goes through and allocates and sets buffers etc (vs return(0) (or -1)), which don't get properly cleaned up when all TFs set correctly, so leaves lots of junk around.

And it also crashes, when going to lower chart TF than H1 (with H4, D1, W1 selected), due to the quick fix of -600 above rather than proper code handling.

Hope this testing/feedback is of use.

Thanks

profitabl

When do you get the "out of range" crashes?

As far as I see that indicator code is not using the strict mode, and then there should not be those kind of crashes/errors unless strict mode is invoked into that code regardless of the parameters (and time frames) used (at least it does not crash when I try to reproduce the crashes you described)

mladen:

profitabl

When do you get the "out of range" crashes?

As far as I see that indicator code is not using the strict mode, and then there should not be those kind of crashes/errors unless strict mode is invoked into that code regardless of the parameters (and time frames) used (at least it does not crash when I try to reproduce the crashes you described)

Hi mladen,

I get the errors when I step through the code in MetaEditor debugger.

However now that you mention it, I recall that MetaEditor debugger enables strict mode automatically, and hence the out of bounds  (OOB) errors/crashes when using debugger.

So I just compiled the indicator and applied it to open chart rather than using debug mode, and it worked fine. MT4 non-strict mode must somehow compensates for these OOB issues.

It doesn't crash when used that way, but the corrected OOB data, if displayed, may be still be "suspect". Probably just fine since generally looking at most recent data anyways... Apologies.

mLaden, can you help me out please. I've been trying to automate the 3 MTF settings. I don't know how to handle the "ChecK" function it refers too at the end of the code. Thanks!

Reason: