Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 1065

Hi,

Would somebody be so kind as to fix the attached HMA indicator, so it works on the new MT4?

Regards

daher:
Hi,

Would somebody be so kind as to fix the attached HMA indicator, so it works on the new MT4?

Regards

man,nothing wrong with this indicator,it is already nmc,but i think in first look,it needs "HMA_Russian_Color" indicator along with in the concerning folder too,for to work.

regards

daher:
Hi,

Regards

Daher, the "HMA_Russian_Color" the indicator is calling the colors repaint, this version i'm posting doesn't repaint and it's a stand alone mtf.

hma_color_nrp_mtf.mq4

Files:

mladen:

FIRELADY

Here you go (set the UniqueUD parameter of each new instance to unique value) : automatic_trendlines_mtf_1_1.mq4

thank you so much!!

may u get more than what u already gave...

Hello Mladen and mrtools

I would like to know if the following is possible, so as to get lower time frames information on to higher time frame chart, in histro style in three types of indicators which i use. The reason been at this time they are displaying arrows on the chart, and they are getting confusing with so many arrows, colours & size ect

1. If have a one hour chart open, which is what I trade off.

2 If also have a five minute chart or any other lower time frame open which is behind the one hour chart so the one hour chart takes up full screen. (using a lap top small screen)

3 On the 5M chart I have the 3 indicators, that I require, and they are display in Histo form at bottom of chart with the time frames required in my case 15M trough to Daily, up to 5 lines per indicator in line with color change or little square boxes red or green across the chart to show state of indicator or line crossed on time frames selected.

4 This is then saved as a profile chart for each pair used. and when another pair required, I down load the profile for that pair.

5 can the information that is on the 5M chart be imported or transferred to the 1H chart or other time frame, that is the question?? Not knowing anything about programming would guess at perhaps, a indicator that you put onto the 1H chart that would go to the 5M chart for the information on that indicator for the different time frame that is required transferring it to the 1H time frame.

(6) Or you may know of indicator that already does this

7 The indicator would need to be changed to MTF with the times frame selection.

Thank you in advance for your time and advise

Don

condor599776:
Hello Mladen and mrtools

I would like to know if the following is possible, so as to get lower time frames information on to higher time frame chart, in histro style in three types of indicators which i use. The reason been at this time they are displaying arrows on the chart, and they are getting confusing with so many arrows, colours & size ect

1. If have a one hour chart open, which is what I trade off.

2 If also have a five minute chart or any other lower time frame open which is behind the one hour chart so the one hour chart takes up full screen. (using a lap top small screen)

3 On the 5M chart I have the 3 indicators, that I require, and they are display in Histo form at bottom of chart with the time frames required in my case 15M trough to Daily, up to 5 lines per indicator in line with color change or little square boxes red or green across the chart to show state of indicator or line crossed on time frames selected.

4 This is then saved as a profile chart for each pair used. and when another pair required, I down load the profile for that pair.

5 can the information that is on the 5M chart be imported or transferred to the 1H chart or other time frame, that is the question?? Not knowing anything about programming would guess at perhaps, a indicator that you put onto the 1H chart that would go to the 5M chart for the information on that indicator for the different time frame that is required transferring it to the 1H time frame.

(6) Or you may know of indicator that already does this

7 The indicator would need to be changed to MTF with the times frame selection.

Thank you in advance for your time and advise

Don

condor599776

You can not read the states of indicators attached to other charts (time frames), so, no, it can not be done by a code

mntiwana:

man,nothing wrong with this indicator,it is already nmc,but i think in first look,it needs "HMA_Russian_Color" indicator along with in the concerning folder too,for to work.

regards

Thx 4 the hint.

mrtools:

Daher, the "HMA_Russian_Color" the indicator is calling the colors repaint, this version i'm posting doesn't repaint and it's a stand alone mtf.

Thx a lot 4 ur help.

gtudor:

gtudor

Here is the multi time frame version : stepma_of_rsi_adaptive_ema_2_2.mq4

Hi mladen,

Don't know where you live but if you are ever up north in Australia, I'd buy you a beer or two (or whatever you drink). Thank you very much.

I'm wondering about this indicator (StepMA of rsi adaptive ema 2_2) - I'm not sure what I am seeing is real but for some reason it tends to give better buy exits / sell entries than buy entries / sell exits. If it is real it may not be the indicator but might relate to psychology... the peaks of a chart might be better defined than the valleys due to that alone. What do you think? Is there a mathematical reason for this discrepancy and if there is could that be corrected to make this indicator even better?

Also in the data window, the sell signal appears at the color change from green to red, whereas the buy signal occurs on the bar after the color change. Not a problem when using it in an EA but might be if using it manually.

It would be great if the buy entry (in data window) was actually at the color change from red to green, rather than the bar after - that would be an improvement.

Regards,

Seerkat

mladen:

Hi mladen,

Don't know where you live but if you are ever up north in Australia, I'd buy you a beer or two (or whatever you drink). Thank you very much.

I'm wondering about this indicator (StepMA of rsi adaptive ema 2_2) - I'm not sure what I am seeing is real but for some reason it tends to give better buy exits / sell entries than buy entries / sell exits. If it is real it may not be the indicator but might relate to psychology... the peaks of a chart might be better defined than the valleys due to that alone. What do you think? Is there a mathematical reason for this discrepancy and if there is could that be corrected to make this indicator even better?

Also in the data window, the sell signal appears at the color change from green to red, whereas the buy signal occurs on the bar after the color change. Not a problem when using it in an EA but might be if using it manually.

It would be great if the buy entry (in data window) was actually at the color change from red to green, rather than the bar after - that would be an improvement.

Regards,

Seerkat

wouldn't that be a result of trend?

nbtrading not sure what you mean by that question.

What I mean is that (1) sell entries seemed to happen earlier than buy entries. (2) there is a difference in the data values between the timing of buy entries and sell entries

Also I am wondering if the reason why (1) appears to be true is that I think I have actually seen this indicator recalculate on the previous closed bar a.k.a.repaint with a sell entry which didn't eventuate. Perhaps a reason why sell entries can seem so accurate when using this indicator with fast/sensitive settings. It doesn't repaint if you are taking the sell signal as the first bar after the color change; but it does if you assume the sell signal is the bar of the color change, as the data values seem to indicate.

Reason: