Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 784

john1368:
Maiden, how about this one for MTF,possible?

john1368

Been checking the code of that one and something is wrong. As soon as I discover what is it, will see if it "deserves" to be made mtf

Yes, I use this indicator, it very much is pleasant to me. I didn't notice copying. I work at M1. Excuse for my English. The huge request to make MTF the version. Yours faithfully, jemchug.

mladen:
jemchug That indicator is using one future bar - which means that it can repaint. Did you check it in runtime?

Yes, I use this indicator, it very much is pleasant to me. I didn't notice copying. I work at M1. Excuse for my English. The huge request to make MTF the version. Yours faithfully, jemchug.

Thanks Maiden, I think it will be good MTF indicator.

Hi,

I've been using two instances of the same indicator. set to both to 2 different MTF and it freezes my platform repeatedly as it is using way too much CPU (and I'm really well equipped). Is there any way to speed up this indicator?

heiken_ashi_smoothed_2_nmc.mq4

rplust:
Hi,

I've been using two instances of the same indicator. set to both to 2 different MTF and it freezes my platform repeatedly as it is using way too much CPU (and I'm really well equipped). Is there any way to speed up this indicator?

heiken_ashi_smoothed_2_nmc.mq4

It works with no problems on my PC (see the example)

Anyway, use this one : heiken_ashi_smoothed_2_nmc_1.mq4. Made one change in the code. Maybe that helps you

thanks, I did not mean it does not work, it just uses too much CPU (goes to 50) and back and forth i.e. the platform can't be used properly as it randomly freezes. Well, I use it on 10 charts. But still it should not happen. I understand the new platform allows to insert a timer function (event handler in Seconds or Miliseconds) instead of using a tick emulator scripty seperately. I have used such sript before and it sped up the platform quite well. Can you please add that so I can try it out. thanks!

bool EventSetTimer(

int seconds // number of seconds

);

bool EventSetMillisecondTimer(

int milliseconds // number of milliseconds

);

rplust:
thanks, I did not mean it does not work, it just uses too much CPU (goes to 50) and back and forth i.e. the platform can't be used properly as it randomly freezes. Well, I use it on 10 charts. But still it should not happen. I understand the new platform allows to insert a timer function (event handler in Seconds or Miliseconds) instead of using a tick emulator scripty seperately. I have used such sript before and it sped up the platform quite well. Can you please add that so I can try it out. thanks!

bool EventSetTimer(

int seconds // number of seconds

);

bool EventSetMillisecondTimer(

int milliseconds // number of milliseconds

);

That will not speed up the indicator

That will only add extra ticks (if it is made to do something meaningful, so, in the end, it will slow it down) and the start procedure will be executed exactly the same times as before). And if the idea is to execute the code only on timer, sorry, but that is yet another issue that has nothing to do with that indicator

To speed your platform up, got to options and set the max bars on chart to 5000 (there is no need at all to have more)

That will not speed up the indicator

That will only add extra ticks (if it is made to do something meaningful, so, in the end, it will slow it down) and the start procedure will be executed exactly the same times as before). And if the idea is to execute the code only on timer, sorry, but that is yet another issue that has nothing to do with that indicator

To speed your platform up, got to options and set the max bars on chart to 5000 (there is no need at all to have more)

Yes, I know about this setting and always have it set to 5000.

Thanks for explaining the timer issue. I was told a while ago that this would help to speed up the Indicator. Obviously as you say it does not.

Anyway, the change you made to the indicator worked wonders (a huge idfference) as CPU usage is back to normal and everything works as fast as it should. Thanks a lot. I appreciate your help!

Hello Mladen and Mrtools.

Please, make the MTF version of this indicator. And that the arrow appeared at change of color of bar and didn't disappear even if color will exchange on the former.

Files:
Reason: