Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 202

fxbs
fxbs  
mw4121:
can you advise what setting to use so indicator wont repaint after bar close on 30 minute chart. I put m30 in indicator but sometimes it repaints.

if you original indicator (nor mtf) repaints - mtf can't help much - basically it plots on 1hour chart your indicator values from 4H chart (same indi - same values just on different charts)

so if you need to watch what indicators(signals) doing on different timeframes - keep two charts open and trace (compare) indicators (on 1h & 4h) or use mtf on one chart

so what we doing here in this thread on this forum - what many people around the world and many kinds of trading software (TA) does - showing on chart indicators values or signals from different charts (timeframes, etc) And btw we are pretty good at it

fxbs
fxbs  
Linuxser:
I really like this code, very simple.

many likes to use barshift f-la (Lucas, Asystem, Hiachiever...)

speaking of witch (or which doctor phd) - Kalenzo's barshift price-trender mtf (2006)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

fxbs
fxbs  

btw. barshift f-la good for cheating mt4 strategytester (or checking how strategytester cheating)

Files:
fx_chick
fx_chick  
fx_chick
fx_chick  
fx_chick
fx_chick  
fxbs
fxbs  
fx_chick:
Hi fxbs, Yes, I was talking about the SSL_sBar_sw_mtf.mq4 indicator that you posted. I hope I didn’t come across as rude because that’s the last thing I wanted come across as. I know you give up a lot of your time coming up with indicators to help all of us...and it’s much appreciated however, that indicator does repaint.

i'm sorry, Fx_chick, been yelling at you (normally people blaming all mtfs -we got this here a lot - sorry)

hm... i'll try to check initial SSL - if repainting not in SSL nature (like in fractas or zz) it shouldn't....

Sirius
Sirius  
fx_chick
fx_chick  
erdenmensch:
Yes it is. Please read the posting from fx_chick or do you know an MTF-indicator, who not repaint?

I have many MTF indicators that don't repaint after the candle has closed and a new one opened. Most of the MTF indicators in this thred don't repain, but some do. Let me quickly find one and attach it for you.

Here... this MTF HAS indicator doesn't repaint and there are hundred others.

Files:
fx_chick
fx_chick  
fxbs:
i'm sorry, Fx_chick, been yelling at you (normally people blaming all mtfs -we got this here a lot - sorry) hm... i'll try to check initial SSL - if repainting not in SSL nature (like in fractas or zz) it shouldn't....

No worries....

Thank you