Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 93

planty, check the thread (earlier posts)

maybe that's the difference HP ment?

lava:

I had a look at Linuxers ECCI mod but I prefer the regular version from FX Sniper as it is smooth.

I do not play the x's as you will get whipped. I have a different method- that I guess if traders study they will discover.

Linuxer uses extra SMMA 4 extra smoothing

but whichone works better 4 u...(all depends on your setups, stile...)

if not X's, what u using 4 direction of trade, entry, and exit? ...

Files:

Direction of trades

Hi fxbs,

It is complicated!!!

I start with Double Woodies CCI for trend, I look for HFE(OB/OS) ZLR(trend continuation) and Femir signals(trend change)(I don't always trade them- it is part of the Assessment). I look for setups- Basic and advanced Wolfe waves, Dragon, TLBs and I am learning the James 16 PA method(Assesment).

On the FX Sniper ECCI there is always a whipsaw when any trader enters on a cross on any TF- There are a few exceptions!-Some secrets are never to be told!(Assessment).

I use a trickle down approach. That is I start with the longest TF (monthly) and work my way down to 1M. Weekly is normally enough.(Assessment).

Weekly x on FX Sniper is a strong whipsaw and produces volatility in the market. Usually lasting 2-3 days. After this it is safer to trade direction of the slope. If there is conflict- that is the slope on FXSnipers ECCI is rising and the price is falling then the trend down is very strong and vice versa.

You can combine it with the signal from the TCCI on WCCI and check the position and (speed of the move) slope on SHI channel. The TCCI and its relation to the CCI says a lot about the market and what you should expect to happen next or the market is behaving abnormally(avoid the market). (A general rule of when to enter/exit trades- but a good one). (Assessment)

If you can combine with Fibonacci levels both retrace and extension (confluence)then all the better. (Assessment)

I have avoided Elliot waves although I like to know what EWs are doing or thinking. Just not accurate enough.

I like some Harmonics setups only when they resonate through 4 TFs or in 'Harmony' but these are rare and occur twice a year. Again generally they are not accurate enough.

Mouteki is useful for targets in positional trading on longer TFs if they conform. But I do not trade them. Just not accurate enough.

I like MurrayMath(Gann) levels-(true range). Trading those are really good and give you a better handle on time and help cut out the noise.(Assessment)

I watch currency correlation- What currency pairings are doing in relation to each other. You can increase the probability of the move by watching the parents of crosses and the signals given from them and vice versa. But in reverse it is more difficult to ascertain as you then have 4 possible solutions.(Assessment)

The bottom line is- I have to know what is going to happen before I enter a trade- even scalping.

So I keep a mental plan and try to trade it (Human).

There are a few simple rules to my trading:

Poor entries cause stress-

Follow the big money-

(When scalping) speed is the key; so concentrate-

APIE, Assess, Plan, Implement, Evaluate.-

If in doubt stay out-

Never take a loss.

As you may be able to work out I now spend 99% of my time assessing and 1 % trading.

I have been studying for two years and I will continue to study the market because the market studies me. I think I have only scratched the surface. If a system is 80% accurate = 20% loss- that is just not good enough.

But I am getting close to that 100% accuracy level. I still get fooled by the market on occaision (because I have not changed with the market or I have made an impulse trade).

Getting there.

lava:
HI fxbs,

Regarding DoubleWCCI it was post #634 page 64. I just get a blank indicator box. But it compiles properly.

I had a look at Linuxers ECCI mod but I prefer the regular version from FX Sniper as it is smooth. I do not play the x's as you will get whipped. I have a different method- that I guess if traders study they will discover.

MTF_FXSnipErgoCCI_BarM-1.mq4

MTF_CCI_Woodies_Lnx_v3_1.mq4

Thanks.

MTF_FXSnipErgoCCI_BarM-1.mq4

FXSnipersErgodic_CCITrigger.mq4 post 803

Hi, Lava! Everything works good here(in my computer). Remember, for MTF indis to work initial indicators (not MTF) should be installed (make sure they still in Experts/Ind folder and compiled):

MTF_CCI_Woodies_Lnx_v3_1.mq4

works with

"CCI_Woodies_Lnx_v3_1".mq4 (post 631) - should be EXACT name (not"CCI_Woodies_Lnx_v3_1[1]", etc)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page42

MTF_FXSnipErgoCCI_BarM-1.mq4 (or MTF_FXSnipErgoCCI_BarM -post 803) works with

FXSnipersErgodic_CCITrigger.mq4 post 803 - EXACT file (indi) name

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page54

Files:

may be we really should open thread like "MTF indicators in trading systems"?

that's what u call sharing thots and ideas! and working together!

thank you Lava!

now we're all getting there

fxbs:
Linuxer uses extra SMMA 4 extra smoothing

but whichone works better 4 u...(all depends on your setups, stile...)

if not X's, what u using 4 direction of trade, entry, and exit? ...

Sorry, it dont give any profits!

thanks mladen.... ...superb!

A bit of explanation

Parameters are used as follow :

showHigherTimeframes :

if true - shows time frames from 15 min to i month

if false - shows time frames from 1 min to 1 day

barsPerTimeFrame - for how much bars to calculate each time frame

shiftRight - should the whole array bee shifted to right by barsPerTimeFrame

Thats all

All the others parameters are underlying indicators specific