Schaff trend cycle - page 11

please i have a request to all coders

i have a request to FXBs, Mladen and kalenzo, this is my request: please do read the entire articles: (i copy paste) >>

"The Schaff Trend Cycle Indicator is the product of combining Slow Stochastics and the Moving Average Convergence/Divergence (MACD). The MACD has a reputation to be a trend indicator, yet it has an equal reputation to be lagging due to its slow responsive signal line. The improved signal line gives the STC its relevance as an early warning sign to detect currency trends.

How the STC Works

The STC detects up and down trends long before the MACD. It does this by using the same exponential moving averages (EMAs), but adds a cycle component to factor currency cycle trends. Since currency cycle trends move based on a certain amount of days, this is factored into the equation of the STC Indicator to give more accuracy and reliability than the MACD.

Since the MACD is nothing more than a series of EMAs with a signal line, the STC has improved on the MACD. MACD has a 12- and 26-period EMA with a nine-period signal line. STC Indicator improved on this by incorporating a 23- and 50-period EMA with a cycle component used as the 10-period signal line. Since we can factor cycle trends based on X amount of days, we can then know how far and how long a trend lasts in terms of potential pips to earn.

In terms of indicators both old and new, the STC Indicator is quite original in its conception. Never before has an indicator been developed using a cycle component. Most use some form of moving average, particularly EMAs, as a base because it's easier to calculate and it focuses on recent prices rather than a simple moving average's long data set of closing prices.

STC Development

The STC Indicator was developed primarily for fast markets, particularly currency markets, yet it can be employed in any market.The trend in the modern day is to develop more accurate, reliable and early warning signal detectors to follow prices more accurately using the old models. The invention of the computer made it able to capture speed, accuracy and reliability of prices more uniformly, because the computer eliminated the need to calculate long equations using pen and paper. So, any new modern indicator will always have a higher reliability factor when a signal is generated.

However, as reliable as the STC Indicator may be, never will an indicator be perfect. The reliability factor may be higher but slight problems exist because of the STC's ability to stay in overbought and oversold markets for extended periods. For this reason, the STC Indicator should be used for its intended purpose: to follow the signal line up and down and take profits when the signal line hits bottom or top. Eventually another signal will generate.

Indicator Issues

Notice how many times the STC line resulted in a straight line to signal an overbought or oversold market. One certain aspect is that oversold markets will eventually become overbought and overbought markets will become oversold, especially when it comes to the currency cycle aspects of this indicator. Yet that is not a signal generator. Overbought or oversold markets represented by a straight line can in many instances still represent 200 points on the upside, as it did at the overbought mark at 14:00 in the middle of the chart. This is the small problem with the STC Indicator. The recommendation is to wait for the signal before jumping in.

One can increase the cycle count signal line from 10 and adjust upwards to fit the exact market. This would represent smaller market turns and a more accurate reading. Caution is advised not to increase the cycle count higher than 40, since that is the maximum currency count. One can also adjust downward to generate many market turns, but they may not be accurate signals. For longer time framed charts such as the weekly, it is recommended to adjust the EMAs to 12 and 26 or 7 and 13, and allow the same amount of cycle counts at 20 as the signal line. For shorter time frames, such as the 10-minute chart, increase the EMAs to 115 and 240, and allow the same cycle count. A personal recommendation is to allow the indicator to work as intended with the recommended settings, especially when it comes to cycle counts. Better to adjust the EMAs rather than the cycle count trigger line if one has to adjust at all.

Conclusion

The inventor of the STC Indicator allowed the full knowledge of formulas and codes to be released in 2008, so the trading public is now becoming aware of its use as an early warning trend signal. I have personally used and profited from its use on many occasions, and I have personally used the recommended settings. The interesting aspect is that this indicator is forward-looking, and is considered a leading indicator. This means false signals are very rare if ever generated. Plus, signals are generated much faster than the old indicators, such as MACD. For another recommended indicator that works as intended, this is a good one."

i request to modify this indicator >>(STC_Plot_dcec.mq4 and ex4)<<, using this three custom indicators using their calculation and coding like (MACD_colored_mladen.mq4 and ex4 using Zerolag MACD calculation), (ZeroLag Stochs_true.mq4 and ex4) and using (NONLAGv3.mq4 and ex4) for incorporating to the STC.

Please do my request, its very helpful to my trading, Thanks to the admin!! and other forumers has a great contribution!!

Sorry for my bad english

ptcbuxz

Files:

STC histogram version

Is there any subj around? Would be really helpful...

Request for MTF Schaff Trend Cycle bar indicator

This is a request to cja who is the undisputed pioneer of MTF bar indicators.

Please code for us MTF Schaff Trend Cycle bar indicator- three levels, below 25, between 25-75 and above 75. An option for signal on current candle/ closed candle will be very helpful. TF M5 to H4 should do for most of us.

Regards.

I am not sure it is same or not, but it is what we have inside elite section (coded by Mladen and MrTools):

Schaff Trend Cycle + Smoothing.

ALL Schaff:

- Schaff Trend Cycle + Smoothing on this post.

- ALL Schaff Trend Cycle by mrtools on this post and this post.

- Another NRP from mladen on this post

- Schaff Trend RSI is on this post.

- Schaff Trend RSX is on this post.

- Schaff TCD RSI and and Schaff TCD RSX indicators are on this post.

- Schaff Trend Cycle Jurik MACD is on this post. It is Schaff Trend Cycle indicator with Jurik MACD: By default it does not use the Jurik filter, but if you turn the UseJurikFilter parameter to true it will use JurikFilter_V2.

Schaff Trend Cycle 1 nrp indicator is on this post. It is smoothing version of well-known 'SchaffTrendcycle1' indicator: if we set the smoothing CDPeriod to 1, you are going to get the original (un-smoothed) Schaff trend cycle.

MTF Schaff Trend Cycle bar indicator

Thanks Newdigital.

I was thinking of something like MTF RSI bar indicator, MTF WPR bar indicator etc. by cja.

Regards.

maxfxt:
Does anyone have this indicator and would you be kind to share with us Thanks

So guys doz any1 have this indicator?

STC Indicator

Yes, please add alert!!

mladen:
after thinking should i post or not, decided to post (obviously:))

this post is here because of one reason and one reason only : To post an indicator that is coded differently than fxbs's version and which for some funny reasons beyond my feeble mind capability of comprehension, gives the same results as that one (attached a cute little picture with comparison too).

This particular way mtfs are coded on metatrader platform was invented by keris and for quite some time it has been used by a lot of coders and users, and ever since not one of the coders or users had found any logical or "fundamental" flow in that way of representing multiple time frame indicators. There are different ways (some of those can be found in the elite section of tsd) but there is nothing wrong with the "keris" way. Period.

now about a bit more serious stuff : Just what does "explicit wish" mean?

Do you mean that for some reason you can demand or "do i need to go public with this?" things are going to happen? This world is turning into funnier and funnier place every day. Thank you for your kind attention, but, no thanks.

ps: I am not going to discuss what was done with xo indicator and the way xo was changed. It was made out of good will and it turns out that good will is understood as an obligation. Once again : This world is turning into funnier and funnier place every day.

Pps: There will be no more answers on this subject any more. As far as i am concerned, i have nothing more to say of things like this

[lang=ru]Здравствуйте господа!

Вот еще две версии этого индикатора, выглядит весьма интересно, изюминкой его есть стрелки которые не меняют сигнал.

В архиве два файла Multi STC и Schaff Trend Cycle.

Files:
stc.rar  5 kb
2_1.gif  13 kb

It is a usual way how mtf is shown

Just one thing to think of : which lower time frame value of a multiple values there are for higher time frame bar would you show on the higher time frame? Since it is not possible to show all the values of the lower time frame on the higher time frame, it is not done (it would be ignoring data from lower time frame)

tobi77:
hello,

i have the problem with this schaff cycle mtf indicator that it will not show lower timeframe cycles on a higher tf...

for example i like to see the 15min cycles on a 60 min chart, but when i change the TF settings to 15min on the 1h chart it dissappears on the 1h chart ...

is this a bug or programmed this way...?

are their other mtfs around ?

schaff_trend_cycle_mtf.mq4

hello,

i have the problem with this schaff cycle mtf indicator that it will not show lower timeframe cycles on a higher tf...

for example i like to see the 15min cycles on a 60 min chart, but when i change the TF settings to 15min on the 1h chart it dissappears on the 1h chart ...

is this a bug or programmed this way...?

are their other mtfs around ?

schaff_trend_cycle_mtf.mq4

i tried the Multi STC but it doesnt seem to work properly with settings of 15, 60 and 240

Reason: