Schaff trend cycle - page 6

That happens when you try to change colors in the code itself. It does not like being hacked too much

But for some even stranger reason, when you restart metatrader, it does show everything OK

Maybe we should ask metatrader stuff?

Files:

Doh ! You catch me !

That's true on black screens, i find the colors are .... so i have old eyes you see ...

You are true when i restart, all was ok.

Sorry for disturbing

And just what did the poor cats do to deserve it?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Believe it or not, there is more than one way to make color changes "non repainting" : make a histogram version, make dotted (arrows) version, make a version like the one I am posting here or make a version like the one I am not posting here (and not going to). I guess it all depends on coders imagination how is he/she going to "do the job"

Since the version I am posting here is in a sense more than you were bargain for (it is not just two colors, for example) the rest is up to you. Just a recommendation : you will find out that since it does not use in the top instance any buffer, that it is meant for discretional (or visual) trading exclusively

regards

mladen

Big Joe:
Some interesting readings on schaff :

Forex Street. The Foreign Exchange Market

Think i could kill a cat or two for the non repainting schaff colored version
Files:

I found the width, i found the width ...

Now i see better.

Thanks again Mladen.

Files:
ah_ah_.gif  16 kb

mladen:
And just what did the poor cats do to deserve it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Believe it or not, there is more than one way to make color changes "non repainting" : make a histogram version, make dotted (arrows) version, make a version like the one I am posting here or make a version like the one I am not posting here (and not going to). I guess it all depends on coders imagination how is he/she going to "do the job"

Since the version I am posting here is in a sense more than you were bargain for (it is not just two colors, for example) the rest is up to you. Just a recommendation : you will find out that since it does not use in the top instance any buffer, that it is meant for discretional (or visual) trading exclusively

regards

mladen

Mladen , that's only 255 colors - old suff, you posted it in the forum about year ago!

where's a new suff?!

Actually this one is theoretically at 22500 colors (the way I coded it to avoid nearly black shades)

As of original "plot" routine I posted : it seems that people did not take notice as to what it can be applied (and it can do eventhings like indicators)

The new stuff? Right now at 79 consecutive ones (and no scalping ones, I think I am the only coder/trader that likes scalping less than some brokers) ... but that is, as they say, not possible (the randomness, the lagging indicators, the holly grails, the whatever... ) so it actually it is not interesting ....

fxbs:
Mladen , that's only 255 colors - old suff, you posted it in the forum about year ago! where's a new suff?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fxbs

Mladen , that's only 255 colors - old suff, you posted it in the forum about year ago!

mladen

Actually this one is theoretically at 22500 colors (the way I coded it to avoid nearly black shades)

As of original "plot" routine I posted : it seems that people did not take notice as to what it can be applied (and it can do eventhings like indicators)

The new stuff? Right now at 79 consecutive ones (and no scalping ones, I think I am the only coder/trader that likes scalping less than some brokers) ... but that is, as they say, not possible (the randomness, the lagging indicators, the holly grails, the whatever... ) so it actually it is not interesting ....[QUOTE:

As of original "plot" routine I posted : it seems that people did not take notice as to what it can be applied (and it can do even things like indicators)

The new stuff? Right now at 79 consecutive ones (and no scalping ones, I think I am the only coder/trader that likes scalping less than some brokers) ... but that is, as they say, not possible (the randomness, the lagging indicators, the holly grails, the whatever... ) so it actually it is not interesting ....

'case i thought its only 255 *3; 22500 - more or less sufficient

mladen:
That happens when you try to change colors in the code itself. It does not like being hacked too much

But for some even stranger reason, when you restart metatrader, it does show everything OK

Maybe we should ask metatrader stuff?

Thaaaat should be non repainting one..Anyways there is actually no difference between non repainting and repainting one..Why...all the messed up before? Thanks Mladen..I understand u r a good coder

with respect to work and people posting and reading this thread (and forum) - some nonconstructive and disruptive posts can be ignored, but people patience doesn't stretches too far

Originally Posted by mladen

dem dyno colors are the biches to work with... but it is- does the trick : )))))

Reason: