Ema Cross! - page 70

Hi,

I got the EMA_CROSS_2 EA. I'm testing it and wanted to know if it's normal that it buys a lot more in one direction. For example it opens a long position of 7 lots and a short position of 0.07.

Cheers,

Daniel

Metatrader Novice

codersguru:
Hi folks,

Could somebody tell me what does he think about this simple EA?

It works good in metatrader back tester .

Note: The back testing optimized for the maximum accuracy results.

Hello;

I am trying to figure out how to put you simple EA into metatrader. Can you help me?

codersguru:
This even better:

TakeProfit: 130

Lots: 1

TrailingStop:20

TimeFrame: Daily

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. Will this work on a mini account? How do I set it up on my trading account. It is showing an X in the upper right hand corner of my chart.

I've been trading for a while now. This site was recommended to me as I am wanting to automate my trading. I am wanting to try this one out until I get used to the settings and changes. Then I hope to eventually write my own EA over time.

Thanks codersguru.

codersguru:
Hi folks,

I've created an indicator to help you to see what happens with the EMA CROSS expert advisor.

Just attach the indicator to the chart and tell me what do you think?

Inputs:

ShortEma:Set the Short EMA value to the same value of the expert, default and recommended value = 10.

LongEma:= Set the Long EMA value to the same value of the expert, default and recommended value = 80.

UpCross:Set the color of the arrow in the case of short ema crossing long ema upward, default = Gold.

DownCross:= Set the color of the arrow in the case of short ema crossing long ema downward, default = DarkGreen.

ArrowCode:Set the the arrow code (the image of the arrow) in the case of short ema crossing long ema , default = 34(scissors).

Alert_On: = Set this value to true if you want to get alert in the case of crossing, default = true.

I can't get this indicator to load right either. How do I attach it to my chart?

Thanks again.

EMA CROSS to be applied on OIL...!!

Hello Codersguru..

Your efforts are soo great... I tried to do backtest on OIL, It gave me excellent results.. but unfortunatley when I applied it on a Live demo account to do forward tests , the EA tried to open its usual 1st trade but couldnt , I switched to the expert tab , it was ok.. has been initialzed and applied without any errors but at the journal tab I saw this msg : ( Error opening BUY order : 130 ) I tried all settings nothing changed..

Please reply as soon as possible...

Regards

Luis

Error Opening BUY Order 130 ... !!!

Friends...

What is the reason for this Error!!!

Please reply as soon as possible..

Regards

Luis

Alfares:
Friends...

What is the reason for this Error!!!

Please reply as soon as possible..

Regards

Luis

#define ERR_INVALID_STOPS 130

Your SL or TP are too close to market price. This varies between brokers as to what is allowed. Widen your stops and then see what happens.

Same thing...

Wolfe, I am very appreciated your reply..

I tried to change all the values.. nothing changed... same error message..

Acutially it appears only when I apply it on OIL, while other items works fine..

Any advise ??!!

Waiting your reply..

Regards

Luis

Alfares:
Wolfe, I am very appreciated your reply..

I tried to change all the values.. nothing changed... same error message..

Acutially it appears only when I apply it on OIL, while other items works fine..

Any advise ??!!

Waiting your reply..

Regards

Luis

I haven't looked at the EA you are using, but it may have something to do with the Point value of oil not matching up correctly to your stops. I think this because you say it is working on other items.

Then I need Codersguru's help to slolve this problem ..

Hope he is reading about this post...

Its working on most currencies and even Gold and silver.. but only Oil..

I am gonna test in on the mini Oil item...

Friends... Waiting your reply

Regards

Luis

Reason: