Ema Cross! - page 65

Here is what i'm talking about. I guess it really is a matter of probability. You need to know that a certain event happens a certain % of the time. If you know this, you can win.

Here is the EA. Feel free to play around with it. And enclosed is a document that lists price movement and probabilities. If someone comes up with something better from this, can they please share it.

It comes down to the take profit and the retrace. Where do you stop it and hope for a retrace? If you wait a long time, the probability of a retrace increases and but your winrate decreases.

I think maybe a better strategy might be to open many orders and keep track of them somehow. Many orders that buy/sell. You are always opening orders and closing them.

This strategy will only be profitable if the profit that you make on the orders that you are closing outweigh the open orders.

Morpheus:
Here is what i'm talking about. I guess it really is a matter of probability. You need to know that a certain event happens a certain % of the time. If you know this, you can win.

Here is the EA. Feel free to play around with it. And enclosed is a document that lists price movement and probabilities. If someone comes up with something better from this, can they please share it.

It comes down to the take profit and the retrace. Where do you stop it and hope for a retrace? If you wait a long time, the probability of a retrace increases and but your winrate decreases.

I think maybe a better strategy might be to open many orders and keep track of them somehow. Many orders that buy/sell. You are always opening orders and closing them.

This strategy will only be profitable if the profit that you make on the orders that you are closing outweigh the open orders.

does this function on the same MA cross principle to drive it? Can you put user inputs for those period averages so it can be adapted to different TF?

one more idea worth exploring..weighting the lots sizes so that the opposing position is incrementally definable reduced. you know what I mean? either that or actully using the stop loss to reduce down side carrying...could/would you code these ideas today?

let's not overlook the fact of what happens on this stragety when the TP is reduced to 10 (see attached report) it DOES indeed carry the equity up with it even if it gets streached out a bit...when it closes and all is said and done it's still more than doubled it's money..with some damage control I think it could be even better. Now before you think I'm selling something reason thru this with me...

The trouble here is that this system is not fully developed. Even so with it hedging it's positions 100% (the opposing trades) it's still increasing it's equity! I think this is on to something if someone who codes has the willingness to stick to it enough to follow thru with it's development. I see alot of EA ideas here get just enough attention and development to see where they are flawed and then they get abandoned. The power of developing a system is to go deeper with tweaking it once the flaws are uncovered don't you agree? If we have a clear view of where this is failing then we have the clear view of where we can stop the bleeding. What does it tell you when the system hedges it's positions 100% with opposing positions? Doesn't have much confidence in it's signal eh? Well I think there is good evidence to have confidence in the MA Cross signal and allow it to manifest on the bottom line alot more than with 100% hedging.

If you have extra time and don't think it would split your focus I would like your opinions on this...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173060

looking at this report https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

it seems to be driving the equity up infront it rather than carrying it behind.

tell me which of these to strategies do you think could be made most profitable?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Files:

The mysecondstrategy.mq4 is basically the same as the "100 pips a day" strategy.

Morpheus:
The mysecondstrategy.mq4 is basically the same as the "100 pips a day" strategy.

ok, do you know what I mean about strategies being unfinished? if my programming skills ever catch up with my conceptual development I'll have another full time occupation

seriously I like developing concepts. I just wish I could keep up with myself in the programming end. It's a bummer not knowing how to do this myself...yet. I guess a partially developed system is better than no system...

could you use the probability tables to step/scale the hedging? I didn't see any 15 min data on that table

Calling Coder's guru Hellllllllp!

Hey CG, you are the most logical person I can think of to ask to upgrade this code since you wrote it initially. I have a couple other programmer friends but their priorities are not making profitable currency trading programs and I'm learning the tutorials you wrote as fast as I can but this upgrade is beyond my present coding ability. Would you please modify this and update it with the ability to scale back lot sizes for the trades which are opposite to the direction the MA CROSS predicts?

Would you add the ability to engage a function that attempts to make up losses with a basket profit feature or something like the divergence trader does once losing trades have been identified either short or long?

those two upgrades could I believe bring this already profitable system (with the right settings) up from marginally profitable to amazingly profitable.

Please don't abandon this system when there is still so much that can be done with it.

Aaragorn:
I think I remember someone saying there was an indicator somewhere that would show your order executions on the chart. Can someone please help me find how to get that feature on this? I want to watch it execute on the chart.

bump

i don't want this idea to get buried in the thread...I still think this is a good upgrade to the code too

oh yea this too !

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174387

man if all these ideas were brought together....I can only dream...and study tutorials..oy

see, I told you I'm full of ideas! I love to think in terms of system development. I just can't back it up yet with programming. I really wish I had a team of developers behind me who shared similar priorities with me on making profitable EA's.

I learned how to chage the code to allow me to get results from a smaller than 10TP setting. Those codersguru programming lessons are starting to make some use to me The smaller the TP 'to a point' the more equity this keeps.

Morpheus:

Do you have a link to this EA?

Graham

100 pips a day Ea is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173318

Reason: