Envelope 2.11 - page 11

Questions!

Hello there!

I have a couple of questions for you:

1- Is it possible to have 2 EAs on the same chart? I tried that with Envlope and GoldWarrior on different pairs charts but it didnt seem to work. They keep overriding each other.

2- Does any EA, i.e Envlope work equally effecient on all different pairs or is it designed for certian pairs? i.e EUR/USD?

3- I noticed that the EA,GoldWarrior has 2 files, GoldWarrior02b.mql and dayimpuls.mql...how do you work these togther? sorry i am not sure if i am supposed to ask this question here or in Goldwarriors thread but your help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

bradottawa:
Hello there!

I have a couple of questions for you:

1- Is it possible to have 2 EAs on the same chart? I tried that with Envlope and GoldWarrior on different pairs charts but it didnt seem to work. They keep overriding each other.

2- Does any EA, i.e Envlope work equally effecient on all different pairs or is it designed for certian pairs? i.e EUR/USD?

3- I noticed that the EA,GoldWarrior has 2 files, GoldWarrior02b.mql and dayimpuls.mql...how do you work these togther? sorry i am not sure if i am supposed to ask this question here or in Goldwarriors thread but your help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

1. No, on the same chart not. The same pair and the same timeframe but different chart - yes. It works.

2. Envelope was design to work on GBPUSD with different pre-set files (check perpective threads in public forum). But I did pre-set for EURUSD only and testing it since January with this pre-set (on EURUSD). And we have updated version now to work with any pairs. Will see how it will be profitable during the testing.

3. Goldwarrior is EA and DayImpulse is indicator for this EA. You may go to the Goldwarrior thread in this section for more details.

Questions!

Hi there,

I have 2 questions:

-Does MT4 station have to be running In order for the autotrading to kick in?

- What happens when you close a chart with an EA icon on it? does it deactivate autotrading for this EA? if yes, How to restore it without having to reload everything again? indicators , EAs, Scripts etc..

Thank you.

bradottawa:
Hi there,

I have 2 questions:

-Does MT4 station have to be running In order for the autotrading to kick in?

- What happens when you close a chart with an EA icon on it? does it deactivate autotrading for this EA? if yes, How to restore it without having to reload everything again? indicators , EAs, Scripts etc..

Thank you.

Yes, you need to have direct internet connection while logged into your FX account.

If you close the chart down completely, then you'll either 1) need to re add it... 2) make a template for it and apply the template to a new chart or 3) my favorite, just close the trading station and when you load it back up again, the MT4 platform will remember your previous settings, bt just remember, if you close the chart or close the platform down completely, you don't give your EA's the control that it would have if you left your PC on with internet connection. You see, the EA's are stored on your PC, not on the MT4 platform brokers servers, so it can't run when you have the PC turned off.

I hope this helps.

Thank you!

Thank you for the detailed reply..great answer!

But can anyone tell me what happens when i log into the same account i.e north finance from another computer? i tried that and i didn't have my charts setup the same way at home because of the the reasons FXGUY2000 mentioned, however, my question is, do i get disconnected from my metatrader at home if i log into the same account from somewhere else? or both can be still running at the same time?

FXGuy2000:
Yes, you need to have direct internet connection while logged into your FX account.

If you close the chart down completely, then you'll either 1) need to re add it... 2) make a template for it and apply the template to a new chart or 3) my favorite, just close the trading station and when you load it back up again, the MT4 platform will remember your previous settings, bt just remember, if you close the chart or close the platform down completely, you don't give your EA's the control that it would have if you left your PC on with internet connection. You see, the EA's are stored on your PC, not on the MT4 platform brokers servers, so it can't run when you have the PC turned off.

I hope this helps.

bradottawa:
Thank you for the detailed reply..great answer! But can anyone tell me what happens when i log into the same account i.e north finance from another computer? i tried that and i didn't have my charts setup the same way at home because of the the reasons FXGUY2000 mentioned, however, my question is, do i get disconnected from my metatrader at home if i log into the same account from somewhere else? or both can be still running at the same time?

You may use Investor's password to see your trades (to see only).

Of course you can use your normal password to be connected the second time (two times simultaniously). But in this case your EA will work in two computers simultaniously as well (it will open two orders instead of one for example).

If somebody is interesting in backtesting so please find backtesting results for this EA with y pre-set file without MM (posted somewhere on this thread):

EURUSD,

every tick, modeling quality 90%,

since 04th of January 2005 till 28/04/2006

Profit factor 1.64.

GBPUSD,

every tick, modeling quality 90%,

since 04th of january 2005 till 28/04/2006

Profit factor 1.87.

Hi Newdigital,

Do you run Envelope 2.11 24 hours a day/5 days per week..nonstop?

Thanks!

moneyline

moneyline:
Hi Newdigital,

Do you run Envelope 2.11 24 hours a day/5 days per week..nonstop?

Thanks!

moneyline

Yes of course.

Since 02nd of January this year on EURUSD and then I added the other pairs.

Backtesting

OK... I did my own backtesting for EURUSD and my results seem to mirror almost exactly what Newdigital has been getting in forward testing... so I think my backtests are accurate...

From Jan - April 2006 it gives 596 pips in 40 trades (one set of orders more than Newdigital but this could be because of broker differences). Same presets as Newdigital and no money management. Only 0.1 lots traded per trade.

The trades made are also around the same time as Newdigital's forward tests

My modeling quality is 90%

OK so from this, we can say to some degree of confidence that the backtesting from my system is reasonably (never 100%) accurate. So let's take this further and backtest more in history.

My next post will have more backtesting based on this accuracy

Files:
Reason: