Price Patterns(Gartley,Butterfly,Bat,...) - page 94

Semi-automatic EA 10p3v0.033

I tried to integrate something similar as TrendScalp public strategy into the current version of 10point3 EA to get a semi-automatic EA. I added a new strategy 'TrendScalp' to the EA based on Gann High-Low activator Heiken Ashi arrows.mq4 and VoltyChannel_Stop_v2.2M_alerts.mq4 indicators. I cannot integrate MaksiGen_Range_Move.mq4 indicator; sorry I am not a programmer .

I added a short name to the two indicators, please find them attached. (The indicators must be in experts/indicators folder, otherwise the EA doesn't work.)

A couple of new variables:

extern string myStrategy = "TrendScalp"; // The user can select between MACD or TrandScalp strategies

extern int BuyOK = 1; // If BuyOK = 1 and SellOK = 1, then the EA takes both long and short orders.

extern int SellOK = 1; // If BuyOK = 1 and SellOK != 1, then the EA takes only buy orders. So if the trader knows the direction from harmonic signal, then the proper setting can be selected.

// Variables for setting the proper values for GannnHiLo indicator

extern int MaLength = 20;

extern int MaMode = 0;

// Variables for setting the proper values for VoltyChannelStop indicator

extern int MA_Price = 0;

extern int MA_Length = 1; // The EA comes with the default indicator values.

extern int MA_Mode = 0;

extern double Kv = 4;

I checked it against workability only but did not tested for profitability, etc.

I think at using it in semi automatic mode for trading harmonic signals one should set the InitialStop parameter to be in agreement of the proper stoploss of the harmonic pattern.

I also think Multiplier and MaxTrades should be kept in fairly and safely low level.

Seeing some test results would be nice

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Files:

Hi chrisstoff,

Thanks a lot.

To test it - I will need to remind to myself about this semi-automatic method and how I did it. Because ... as I remember - starting to trade by first order depends on alert of MACD indicator ... and ... as it is H1 timeframe so it is not really difficult: I can look at Metatrader's chart once in an hour only. So, I can test/trade but I will need to remind to myself about it.

Hi NewDigital,

You do not need to use MACD indicator, there is a new strategy coded into the EA that uses two of the public TrendScalp indicators. You can simply set

myStrategy = "TrendScalp"; on the Inputs tab in the indicator setting window.

Basically, the EA should go long if the two indicators (Gann High-Low activator Heiken Ashi and VoltyChannel_Stop that were attached in the zip file beside the EA, you should use the attached ones, otherwise the EA does not work) agrees on long and you set BuyOK = 1, the EA should go short if the two indicators agrees on short direction and the trader sets SellOK = 1.

Neither you need to use H1 timeframe, you can use any TF, i.e. the one fits the trading style or requirement the best.

MrTools was kind enough to code the ECN order setting rules in and the EA is ready for trading 5 digits quoting as well.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

newdigital:
Hi chrisstoff,

Thanks a lot.

To test it - I will need to remind to myself about this semi-automatic method and how I did it. Because ... as I remember - starting to trade by first order depends on alert of MACD indicator ... and ... as it is H1 timeframe so it is not really difficult: I can look at Metatrader's chart once in an hour only. So, I can test/trade but I will need to remind to myself about it.

Hi Chrisstoff

Should the VoCh Ma Length be 1?

Have put the EA on a 1min Eur chart trading both ways with TP=5 and SL=15

I will let it run see how it pans out.

Maybe it needs some way to only trade if Trading Range last hour or so 20 pips or so?

Gil

ND- Is it possible to suggest to the HWAFM developer to add a 5min chart?

Gil

GilR:
ND- Is it possible to suggest to the HWAFM developer to add a 5min chart? Gil

Hi GilR,

I contacted with him using emails and he said that he does not speak english and has no time for now for improvement his tool. May be - it was "effect of the first day" who knows ... I will send one more email message to him somewhere in the end of the summer ...

chrisstoff:
Hi NewDigital,

You do not need to use MACD indicator, there is a new strategy coded into the EA that uses two of the public TrendScalp indicators. You can simply set

myStrategy = "TrendScalp"; on the Inputs tab in the indicator setting window.

Basically, the EA should go long if the two indicators (Gann High-Low activator Heiken Ashi and VoltyChannel_Stop that were attached in the zip file beside the EA, you should use the attached ones, otherwise the EA does not work) agrees on long and you set BuyOK = 1, the EA should go short if the two indicators agrees on short direction and the trader sets SellOK = 1.

Neither you need to use H1 timeframe, you can use any TF, i.e. the one fits the trading style or requirement the best.

MrTools was kind enough to code the ECN order setting rules in and the EA is ready for trading 5 digits quoting as well.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Chrisstoff,

Yes, I understand. But using this MACD indicator - I will know exact time when to start open the trades. Besides - it is alert on open H1 bar on this special MACD indicator, and the developing patterns are on open bar sometimes. I mean: in semi-manual method - I started to open the trade only if MACD indicator (attached to the chart) will give alert to me. And it is few times in a day only (few trades in a day only for all the pairs).

So, EA can use TrendScalp strategy coded inside, and I will estimate the time to open the trade using MACD indicator, and it will be good combination.

As to timeframe ... as this EA is martingale so : more highier timeframe - less risk to use

I will start to test it from the Monday next week using myStrategy = "TrendScalp" and for buy only or for sell only (for the pairs estimated by using HWAFM tool).

ND

Gbp/usd def looks a good buy, 4hr with daily/wkly bullish emerging patterns, have you lined any other pairs up.

targus:
ND Gbp/usd def looks a good buy, 4hr with daily/wkly bullish emerging patterns, have you lined any other pairs up.

Are you seeing this pattern on the HWAFM charts?

newdigital:
I will know exact time when to start open the trades. Besides - it is alert on open H1 bar on this special MACD indicator, and the developing patterns are on open bar sometimes.

ND -- any hints to this special MACD?

targus:
ND Gbp/usd def looks a good buy, 4hr with daily/wkly bullish emerging patterns, have you lined any other pairs up.

I did not open MT5 yet.

But as I see from Ichimoku chart -

EURUSD was trying to be bearish on D1 chart but for now - it is flat (D1 chart). Same with H4

USDCHF started to continue bearish on H4 and stopped by flat or ranging market condition.

Seems - EURUSD just finished following the last movement of USDCHF, but USDCHF did not start new movement yet ...

On GBPUSD - it is non-trading for H4 and it may be started bearish for D1 timeframe.

So, the situation with USDCHF, EURUSD and GBPUSD is not understandable/clear ...

As to USDJPY so it is flat for D1 timeframe for few days, and support/resistance lines came very close to each other. I mean: we can expect good breakoout for this pair.

EURAUD is going bearish.

XAGEUR is trying to go bukllish but not yet. Same with XAGUSD - 1 or 2 days more - and we may bee good uptrend (or not - depends on the situation with those pairs).

For XAUEUR and XAUUSD - it may be tomorrow. I mean: we will know tomorrow about the following: breakout, or not.

But I did not start metatrader 5 yet - I moderated the forum.

I will start it later to see the patterns.

Reason: