Price Patterns(Gartley,Butterfly,Bat,...) - page 76

matfx:
Hi,

As i mentioned in my post, the MT5 will have some issue with window 7 compatibility. i suggest you use window 7 troubleshooting to fix the compatible issue.

After that make sure your MQL5 folder will look like this, the picture.

Then you can put the file folders accordingly.

Hi thanks for reply, could you explain a bit further please..many thanks

jonnydenver69:
Hi thanks for reply, could you explain a bit further please..many thanks

Ok first close the MetaTrader 5 program. Right click on the MetaTrader 5 Icon on your screen, for example my is Broco MT5, a new window will show up, we select troubleshoot compatibility.

Files:
1st_screen.png  479 kb

For my case, when i run start the program, MT5 will run a installation and open the demo account as usual.

After MT5 successful run, the window will ask you again to "save these settings for the program", "No try again using different setting" or "No, Report the problems to Microsoft", we select yes. After that on next window screen select close for the troubleshoot.

Once it is done, we can insert the HWAFM file folders.

Files:
4th_screen.png  38 kb
5th_screen.png  37 kb

After the first step, another window pops up with 2 options, "try recommend settings" and "Troubleshoot Program". Click the first one.

Second step, window will ask you to start the program, so we click "Start the program". Window will applied XP settings to MT5.

Files:
2nd_screen.png  38 kb
3rd_screen.png  50 kb

newdigital:
I described everything 4 times on this thread with the links:

- for the direction of the trend and to select the pairs - I am using HWAFM tool for Metatrader 5 in the morning every morning.

- to trade - I am using some scalping template/system from simple elite section but you can use any scalping system.

Because most important in this case is to select right pairs with correct predicted movement for the day (or for half a day, or for next few hours).

Once you made your prediction in the morning so you can use any system to trade.

Hi ND,

yes you did repeat 4 times your strategy, but what's your exit rule?

entry exit all the time using the scalping system in the direction of the big trend until what?

or you enter once (using an entry with the scalping system) and waiting until...what? Thanx

Regards

Doc

New Digital: thank for your answer. This is what I did, but I will double check again, with the versions and everything.

Matfx: thanks for your elaboration on compatibility!

I tried everything again, still same problems. I have the x64 version from MetaQuotes demo. Anyone running this ok?

Indicators are visible in Windows Explorer, but in Metatrader "Open data folder", no HWAFM indicators are visible.

----> UPDATE: It works!!! I am happy. When I copied the entire MQL from the .zip into the MQL5, strangely enough it appreared that the folder was empty. After checking that all files/folders copied correctly it worked. No idea where this came from though.

yes, 4 times as I traded today in the morning too (I will posty the results soon).

Take profit is 12 pips (4 digit pips) - and it is only I can do trading manually with this scalping by trading few pairs sumiltaniously. I do not have time to move stop loss (100 pips) or for breakeven or whatsoever to do ... because it is manual trading in very quick way.

If we will have EA so everything will be easy.

The logic is not new for this scalping:

- estimate the direction of the price movemwent for the next few hours (I am using HWAFM patterns for MT5)

and

- trade on this direction taking onto consideration the support/resistance and so on (means: trading by scalping indicators).

newdigital:
yes, 4 times as I traded today in the morning too (I will posty the results soon).

Take profit is 12 pips (4 digit pips) - and it is only I can do trading manually with this scalping by trading few pairs sumiltaniously. I do not have time to move stop loss (100 pips) or for breakeven or whatsoever to do ... because it is manual trading in very quick way.

If we will have EA so everything will be easy.

The logic is not new for this scalping:

- estimate the direction of the price movemwent for the next few hours (I am using HWAFM patterns for MT5)

and

- trade on this direction taking onto consideration the support/resistance and so on (means: trading by scalping indicators).

Hi ND,

that's very nice that you're posting all you're results, but i think most of us would like to see some screenshot (on mt5) about how to use HWAFM...

so please show us when you enter based on HWAFM.

Regards

Doc

Thanks a lot, Mrtools.

dr.house7,

You are talking about scalping. But I did completely dfifrerent thing/idea.

For example - some traders are using patterns for trading: they found 1 unfinished pattern (they call it as hidden pattern in pdf file) and trade it.

But many traders said that it is nothing. They said that it is completely useless to trade just 1 pattern.

Well.

But if all hidden patterns for all timefranes (started from H1 till H12 for MT5) will show uptrend? So, it is not nothing. if ALL for ALL timeframes - it is something. It is what I tried to prove (because we can see all patterns for one pairs for all timeframes using HWAFM pattern tool for MT5).

newdigital:
Thanks a lot, Mrtools.

dr.house7,

You are talking about scalping. But I did completely dfifrerent thing/idea.

For example - some traders are using patterns for trading: they found 1 unfinished pattern (they call it as hidden pattern in pdf file) and trade it.

But many traders said that it is nothing. They said that it is completely useless to trade just 1 pattern.

Well.

But if all hidden patterns for all timefranes (started from H1 till H12 for MT5) will show uptrend? So, it is not nothing. if ALL for ALL timeframes - it is something. It is what I tried to prove (because we can see all patterns for one pairs for all timeframes using HWAFM pattern tool for MT5).

So please give us some mt5 screenshot with this condition:

all hidden patterns for all timefranes (started from H1 till H12 for MT5) will show uptrend/downtrend

you trade everyday, so this condition is frequently meet for you.

Regards

Doc

Reason: