Making a living out of FX. Possible?

Just curious, guys. Is there any people here who do FOREX for a living?

I don't mean traders (people who actually work in a real bank or dealing center), doing the pro-type of trading. But you know, rather ordinary people who trade from home.

Now, 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to make a good living out of it?

2. If so, approximately how much?

Again, I know that a lot of people might say smth like "If you got skills, you can make A LOT", but I am asking for an approximation, for a general value. So, anyone making a living on FX? ;;)

Cheers,

Diam0nd

P.S. Again, I mean people who do FOREX only = fx is the ONLY type of "job" they do.

I LOVE

Hi,

Yes I have a friend that do forex for a living.

He has a capital of 50k eur and he is earning around 5000eur a month.

JoZo:
Hi,

Yes I have a friend that do forex for a living.

He has a capital of 50k eur and he is earning around 5000eur a month.

Hmmm, interesting Thanks for the answer, mate!

Cheers,

Diam0nd

I LOVE

I know 1 French Canadian, who trades a $4,000,000 account from home and makes about 5% a month trading just 45 minutes a day, trading in the Futures market.

raj:
I know 1 French Canadian, who trades a $4,000,000 account from home and makes about 5% a month trading just 45 minutes a day, trading in the Futures market.

If I had that kind of money, it would be great....

hmm , i manage 4 clients account fx is my job i had serval job offers from fx compneyes they didnt offers me good % from what i make , so i prefered to open a mm compney with a partner so now not just me living from fx also 4 of my clients can do nothing and get some nice money .

i dont really understand why u need that information ..

yeah i make living off fx. i usualy make bout $10k a week ez money mostly whilst i nap or play dungeons n dragons. i let my couple of amazing eas i written do all the work 4 me. however i must say i dont like pussyfarts. another thing i dont like is warm beer or barking dogs. heh

squigglefunk:
yeah i make living off fx. i usualy make bout $10k a week ez money mostly whilst i nap or play dungeons n dragons. i let my couple of amazing eas i written do all the work 4 me. however i must say i dont like pussyfarts. another thing i dont like is warm beer or barking dogs. heh

Have you ever read all of your posts? I just had a look through them. It would be nice to see some Idea's come from you regarding your own trading etc.. How long have you been trading, what system do you use?

squigglefunk:

You sir, are positively retarded. Pardon my french.

Ganja:
hmm , i manage 4 clients account fx is my job i had serval job offers from fx compneyes they didnt offers me good % from what i make , so i prefered to open a mm compney with a partner so now not just me living from fx also 4 of my clients can do nothing and get some nice money . i dont really understand why u need that information ..

I simply would like to know if it is possible to actually make a living out of FX without working anywhere as a broker.

And with all due respect, your last statement makes not much sense:

1. I am not asking for anything confidential, or anything more than a simple asnwer

2. If you don't understand (or like) my question, whats the point of responding at all then?

Beno:
That is one of the questions I have asked and have had the same sort of answers from multiple forums.

But you will soon find out that you are the only one that can answer that question.

And only when you are trading on a live account watching you balance go up and down just like your emotions and adrenaline levels. Thats until you find a system or way of trading thats right for you.

My small bit of novice advice would be to start reading and don’t stop.

Cheers

Beno

What can I tell you, if you are saying that you've tried asking the same question and havent yet found an answer, I guess that means that there are not much people who do forex for a living from home. I mean, is the question so hard really? I am simply asking those people who trade from home and do nothing else but forex if it is possible to make a good living that way. Is it so to answer?

And all in all guys, a lot of you are answering the wrong question here. I had one quesion in mind, but some of you start giving advise, try to go rhetoric about the differences between trading live and demo, and so on and so forth. Let's not do that HERE. If you can't answer the exact question I asked, please dont bother answering. Again, no offence to anyone but I just would like to get the answer I need and not just some random comments. And one last thing, no need to show how much of a retard you are by saying things like "yeah, im making millions and live on an island and trade from time to time", since I asked the damn question not to joke around.

Cheers,

Diam0nd

I LOVE

Reason: