Discussion - page 96

Hello,

Do we have any forex tools for webmasters gathered soewere?

Thank you

B

All the statements/performance, excel files and leaders' threads were updated. Please read this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173389/page19 and this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174416

(note: next week it will be the different location of the statements/performance - just to keep old performance inside this section).

------

MaChannel EA and Step EAs performed good during this week. For example:

MaChannel.

H1 timeframe.

EURGBP: pips this week 542;

EURUSD: pips this week 1447;

USDCHF: pips this week 658.

and

StepMAExpert_v1.42, IBFX mini broker.

Since 23rd of December 2007.

M30 timeframe.

GBPUSD: pips this week 16;

EURJPY: pips this week 135;

GBPJPY: pips this week 290.

StepMAExpert EAs versions are not trading often so it is very good results. As to MaChannel so this EA is performing very good sometimes (ometimes not good) but if good so it is always many pips during a week.

Just for information.

internal error message assistance

Hi, I am trying to code some changes to an EA template. I get the error message 'TrailingStopType' - internal error.

Can anyone tell me why this may be happening and/or what it means? I have searched and googled for the answer and can't find it.

Regards,

Wayne

jacksun:
Hi, I am trying to code some changes to an EA template. I get the error message 'TrailingStopType' - internal error.

Can anyone tell me why this may be happening and/or what it means? I have searched and googled for the answer and can't find it.

Regards,

Wayne

Strange. I also didn't find some answer. Could please post a picture?

Linuxser:
Strange. I also didn't find some answer. Could please post a picture?

Here are 2 screenshots.....

2008-10-19_1214

2008-10-19_1215

And the EA file is attached as well.

Regards,

Wayne

Files:

jacksun:
Here are 2 screenshots.....

2008-10-19_1214

2008-10-19_1215

And the EA file is attached as well.

Regards,

Wayne

I don't' see the line where switch(TrailingStopType) is defined or void

Linuxser:
I don't' see the line where switch(TrailingStopType) is defined or void

TrailingStopType is defined up top in the extern area. Is it OK to do it that way?

jacksun:
TrailingStopType is defined up top in the extern area. Is it OK to do it that way?

Maybe IF is better. I never saw a switch with that complexity. I believe the easy way:

If 1 else

If 2 else

Or something like this:

switch (Period())

{

case 1: //M1

{

Gap=2;

Bar=0.05;

break;

}

case 5: //M5

{

Gap=5;

Bar=0.1;

break;

}

New to Elite...some thoughts and ???'s

Hello, I'm am new to your site and I am going to throw out some thoughts & requests and I'm hoping one of the brilliant coders here can perhaps help me & others out. I have been using and watching the hma russian color indi, and I feel like I may have stumbled upon a very nice trading system. I'm not a coder...and I'm not really interested in selling or marketing anything but merely in improving mine and others trading (hopefully). I hope some of you think that my thoughts have some merit, and that maybe with a little give and take we can create something terriffic. Maybe I'll also be confroonted with the fact that my idea has already been done...that would be fine as well. So, with that preamble behind us, I'll begin.

Basically I've been using a couple of different tools together for taking trades...mostly in the 15 min and 1 hr. timeframes, though the 4 hr.s look very good as well. My philosophy is more or less the KISS system (keep it simple stupid) and I like simple powerful elegant sytems compared to the people that have 27 things going on with their charts. Basically I like to have a setup and a trigger.

My latest explorations have landed me on a system that I think really holds great promise as an EA. Hence this message. The "setup" in my system is the a variant of the 3zz semaphor indi. It's my understanding that there are people around here that know of this zigzag based indi., and that there may even be some improved versions. That would be great. So I have my charts, overlayed with shi channels, and then I'm running the 3zz semaphor with the "1's" turned off. When I get a "3" posted, that's the "setup". Now people that know these indi's know they repaint...ok...true....and that's why we have the trigger. The trigger is the hma russian color. My favorite setting for entry is period 8, type 3 (linear regression i think). Basically I only enter trades that have a 3 posted heading in the direction of the shi channels, that is followed up by a change in the HMA w/i the following 3 candles. What i've found is that in almost all cases, the hma will not change color as the "3's" continue to repaint. So this basically takes the repainting of the 3zz and makes it a non factor. If the hma changes before the 3 no trade. If the hma changes 6 candles after the 3 no trade. What i'm looking for is the 3 zz semafor to get to it's HH/LL and stabilize...followed by the change in color of the HMA, then I enter the trade.

Now we come to managing the trade. I can actually live with....and would like to have it be optional to ENTER THE TRADES MANUALLY if desired. What I can't stand is the watching and hand wringing over the trades once taken. What I have been doing and would like to see built into an EA is coding which would allow the trade to be closed on EITHER the NEXT HMA COLOR CHANGE, or the NEXT 2 or 3 being posted by the 3zz semaphor (or it's updated variant). It might be nice if the user could choose the parameters for the HMA indepently for the entry side and the exit side. This way you get into the trade earlier on say the 8/3 on the entry side but slow down the exit by using a smoothed HMA to avoid getting stopped out by a stall that doesn't really turn into a true reversal. I'll try to attach a couple charts so you can see what i'm talking about. The beauty of this is that it also acts as an automatic stoploss if the trade begins to go against you, by the fact that you're closing the trade on the next HMA color change OR the next "2 or 3" whichever comes first!! This system is ALL about trading off the Highest Highs and the Lowest Lows in the direction of the trend and then confirming that the true HH/LL has been attained by verifying with the change in the HMA color. I think that this could/should be very doable and I hope this inspires some of the programmers to take a look at coding an EA.

Thanks,

todd

Files:

what is the suport and resistance

What is the support , resistance indicators ?

Are you going to post your indicators

Pippinaintez:
Hello, I'm am new to your site and I am going to throw out some thoughts & requests and I'm hoping one of the brilliant coders here can perhaps help me & others out. I have been using and watching the hma russian color indi, and I feel like I may have stumbled upon a very nice trading system. I'm not a coder...and I'm not really interested in selling or marketing anything but merely in improving mine and others trading (hopefully). I hope some of you think that my thoughts have some merit, and that maybe with a little give and take we can create something terriffic. Maybe I'll also be confroonted with the fact that my idea has already been done...that would be fine as well. So, with that preamble behind us, I'll begin.

Basically I've been using a couple of different tools together for taking trades...mostly in the 15 min and 1 hr. timeframes, though the 4 hr.s look very good as well. My philosophy is more or less the KISS system (keep it simple stupid) and I like simple powerful elegant sytems compared to the people that have 27 things going on with their charts. Basically I like to have a setup and a trigger.

My latest explorations have landed me on a system that I think really holds great promise as an EA. Hence this message. The "setup" in my system is the a variant of the 3zz semaphor indi. It's my understanding that there are people around here that know of this zigzag based indi., and that there may even be some improved versions. That would be great. So I have my charts, overlayed with shi channels, and then I'm running the 3zz semaphor with the "1's" turned off. When I get a "3" posted, that's the "setup". Now people that know these indi's know they repaint...ok...true....and that's why we have the trigger. The trigger is the hma russian color. My favorite setting for entry is period 8, type 3 (linear regression i think). Basically I only enter trades that have a 3 posted heading in the direction of the shi channels, that is followed up by a change in the HMA w/i the following 3 candles. What i've found is that in almost all cases, the hma will not change color as the "3's" continue to repaint. So this basically takes the repainting of the 3zz and makes it a non factor. If the hma changes before the 3 no trade. If the hma changes 6 candles after the 3 no trade. What i'm looking for is the 3 zz semafor to get to it's HH/LL and stabilize...followed by the change in color of the HMA, then I enter the trade.

Now we come to managing the trade. I can actually live with....and would like to have it be optional to ENTER THE TRADES MANUALLY if desired. What I can't stand is the watching and hand wringing over the trades once taken. What I have been doing and would like to see built into an EA is coding which would allow the trade to be closed on EITHER the NEXT HMA COLOR CHANGE, or the NEXT 2 or 3 being posted by the 3zz semaphor (or it's updated variant). It might be nice if the user could choose the parameters for the HMA indepently for the entry side and the exit side. This way you get into the trade earlier on say the 8/3 on the entry side but slow down the exit by using a smoothed HMA to avoid getting stopped out by a stall that doesn't really turn into a true reversal. I'll try to attach a couple charts so you can see what i'm talking about. The beauty of this is that it also acts as an automatic stoploss if the trade begins to go against you, by the fact that you're closing the trade on the next HMA color change OR the next "2 or 3" whichever comes first!! This system is ALL about trading off the Highest Highs and the Lowest Lows in the direction of the trend and then confirming that the true HH/LL has been attained by verifying with the change in the HMA color. I think that this could/should be very doable and I hope this inspires some of the programmers to take a look at coding an EA.

Thanks,

todd
Reason: