Discussion - page 43

XOLOSIS:
Hi All,

Firstly I'm a complete newbie to the FX trading thing so excuse my ignorance. We all know FX trading is not simple but I'm looking at this idea from the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle. Now I know someone has asked this before but I don't see why it can't be done with enough computer processing power.

Looking at the Weekly Winners and Yearly Totals couldn't one choose say the top 5-10 EA's within each of the curreny pairs. If one had mutiple computers one could dedicate a machine for each curreny pair only with the top winning EA's assigned to that particular currency pair.

We all know Demo Trading vs Live Trading is a different kettle of fish. However if we use only the EA's which have been back/fowarded tested thoroughly for Live Trading with lowest drawdowns this idea might just be a winner?

Just a thought?

Personally...I think the top winner-listing is very misleading. Many of those EAs are hand grenades waiting to happen. Sure, an EA like Grid Macd can make a lot of pips, but it can also wipe out your account in a blink of an eye (due to it's in ability to handle sudden market shifts.) I just think that there should be an entirely new criteria for judging these EAs all together, instead of just going by how many pips it has earned. So that is why I would be weary of your idea.

Fair enough but isn't that why we diversify. If 2-3/10 EA's are making a loss but the other 7/10 EA's are taking a profits would that not counteract the possibility that this system would empty ones account?

Is it not worth a test?

XOLOSIS:
Fair enough but isn't that why we diversify. If 2-3/10 EA's are making a loss but the other 7/10 EA's are taking a profits would that not counteract the possibility that this system would empty ones account? Is it not worth a test?

That is why I created excel file to compare different EAs' performance. I checked files' thread and seems not many people downloaded this excel file. It means that just few people need to compare EAs performance and to have everything weekly in one page.

About misleading of total leaders I may say the following.

Some elite members said: "We will use Martingale EAs only".

The next elite members said: "Firebird is very good and very profitable EA".

I asked: "did you see the statements for 1 year testing? It was posted here. Did you see excel file with Firebird performance just to compare the weeks and months?"

"No, but many people said that it is great".

I may continue with many other EAs. What does it mean?

It means the following: some people do not want to think even!

All the information is posted but they don't want to use it! I am posting all the statements since 2001 forward testing for all the EAs every week but what for? If not many people are looking at the statements so why I am doing it every week?

Besides almost all EAs are having separated threads in elite section. And how many questions were asked by people on those threads concerning some EAs? Few. Who is the best poster on those threads? I am. Do i need to ask the questions from myself? No.

Excel file. Many people requested this excel file just to compare EAs performance and to decide: to use this EA or not to use. Because all the performance from the beginning of the testing is mentioned there. It is much more easy than statements. Excel file is very easy way to present any information in any way.

And how many people look at this excel file?

17 vews only!

I said: "performance of many EAs in the world depends on the brokers data".

And just some members only understood what I said in StepMAExpert threads, in Brainrading EA thread and in SBS/TPE threads. Some other members said: "look at this EA - it is very profitable and I will use it with IBFX real account". I replied: "I am testing this EA with Russian Alpari broker and the data of Russian Alpari broker and IBFX broker are different as day and night, as winter and summer. How it should be the same?".

Accounts.

No one will use 10 or 5, or 3 EAs with real money account. Sometimes 1 EA to use is great decision. To decide to use some EA with real money is the same as you are selecting new house to buy.

People will select 1 or 2 for 1 or 4 pairs. And selecting EA to trade with real money is very personal process depending on preferable risk, deposit size, desirable profit, annual income of family and so on.

If some EA did 2 or 4 consecutive losses for 20 pips each so it may be the following:

- some people will say that it is very bad EA because of that;

- the other people will say nothing because 2 or 4 consecutive losses is nothing for them. Just a case only.

No one will say: use this EA or use that one.

I know the following: if some people decided to use EA with real money they will ask about everything. Because it is the money and because it is their money. They will try to look at the statements, to see excel file, to ask opinion of coders who coded it, to ask my opinion, to ask the other testers/people's opinion and so on. And just few people are doing it.

Total leaders and weekly performance threads are helping to start selection of EA. Helping to start to look at something. If EA is in total leaders during the many months so it means that this EA is very interesting. It does not mean that this EA is the best. It means that this EA is interesting and, probably, we need to look thoroughly at this EA. Those threads are helping just to start only.

I am just testing EAs and it's all that I am doing here.

Because my rating is not final. It is just my rating only: i like some EAs and i don't like some other EAs. So it may be personal.

This elite section is not my personal section. It is something related to the forum.

And because of that any member may create his own total leaders rating/thread and have any opinion and do everything.

But i agree with you: some members are having difficulties to implement some selected EA to their "real account reality".

Anyway, most of the coders who coded those EAs are having free access to this elite section and members may ask for the improvement according to their "real account reality".

newdigital:
That is why I created excel file to compare different EAs' performance. I checked files' thread and seems not many people downloaded this excel file. It means that just few people need to compare EAs performance and to have everything weekly in one page.

About misleading of total leaders I may say the following.

Some elite members said: "We will use Martingale EAs only".

The next elite members said: "Firebird is very good and very profitable EA".

I asked: "did you see the statements for 1 year testing? It was posted here. Did you see excel file with Firebird performance just to compare the weeks and months?"

"No, but many people said that it is great".

I may continue with many other EAs. What does it mean?

It means the following: some people do not want to think even!

All the information is posted but they don't want to use it! I am posting all the statements since 2001 forward testing for all the EAs every week but what for? If not many people are looking at the statements so why I am doing it every week?

Besides almost all EAs are having separated threads in elite section. And how many questions were asked by people on those threads concerning some EAs? Few. Who is the best poster on those threads? I am. Do i need to ask the questions from myself? No.

Excel file. Many people requested this excel file just to compare EAs performance and to decide: to use this EA or not to use. Because all the performance from the beginning of the testing is mentioned there. It is much more easy than statements. Excel file is very easy way to present any information in any way.

And how many people look at this excel file?

17 vews only!

I said: "performance of many EAs in the world depends on the brokers data".

And just some members only understood what I said in StepMAExpert threads, in Brainrading EA thread and in SBS/TPE threads. Some other members said: "look at this EA - it is very profitable and I will use it with IBFX real account". I replied: "I am testing this EA with Russian Alpari broker and the data of Russian Alpari broker and IBFX broker are different as day and night, as winter and summer. How it should be the same?".

Accounts.

No one will use 10 or 5, or 3 EAs with real money account. Sometimes 1 EA to use is great decision. To decide to use some EA with real money is the same as you are selecting new house to buy.

People will select 1 or 2 for 1 or 4 pairs. And selecting EA to trade with real money is very personal process depending on preferable risk, deposit size, desirable profit, annual income of family and so on.

If some EA did 2 or 4 consecutive losses for 20 pips each so it may be the following:

- some people will say that it is very bad EA because of that;

- the other people will say nothing because 2 or 4 consecutive losses is nothing for them. Just a case only.

No one will say: use this EA or use that one.

I know the following: if some people decided to use EA with real money they will ask about everything. Because it is the money and because it is their money. They will try to look at the statements, to see excel file, to ask opinion of coders who coded it, to ask my opinion, to ask the other testers/people's opinion and so on. And just few people are doing it.

Total leaders and weekly performance threads are helping to start selection of EA. Helping to start to look at something. If EA is in total leaders during the many months so it means that this EA is very interesting. It does not mean that this EA is the best. It means that this EA is interesting and, probably, we need to look thoroughly at this EA. Those threads are helping just to start only.

newdigital, you know that I too have the utmost respect for your work here, but I still think that the total leaders thread is misleading to those whom are new to EAs in general, at first glance. Here's a suggestion, and this would probably save you the time of having to repeat what you just said over and over again: Why not warn the new EA user about all that you have just said right on top of the Total Leader's forum? Make it post number 1. Instead of simply writing:

"EAs which are leading from the beginning of the testing will be posted here.

Pips in total."

Write something like this instead:

"EAs which are leading from the beginning of the testing will be posted here.

Pips in total. Please be advised that EAs can produce different results between different brokers, and also between live and demo accounts as well. You should also refer to THIS (place excel link here) Excel file to view an EA's drawdown's, losses AND gains throughout the testing. Please research/forward test an EA carefully before going live with it."

Just a suggestion....

newdigital I commend your efforts in posting much information regarding EA's on these forums. I've read countless posts from you so my apologies in posting a 'lazy' thread such as this.

I did download all EA updated files and looked through the spreadsheet with a fine tooth comb to figure out the best EA's for one's trading style. I've gone right through the portfolio results to assist in making an objective choice for ones trading style. You're efforts have not gone to waste and I have no doubt all elite members appreciate your efforts. Not a smart first post by yours turly.

Now I'm going to do the diversity test to with various brokers to see which system can cope running multiple EA's. And of course monitor perfomance accordingly.

Once I've learned more I can hopefully show the members of these forums some positive results?

Yes, may be good idea.

But remember how many times I said: "people, Firebird EA is very very risky and you should have big deposit to use it". I said it many times. So what? So nothing. My personal opinion is my personal opinion. That's all.

And what about Martingale? People will use it irrespective of anything.

And remember supertrend (or supersignal) indicator? I said to people: "don't use this indicator because you will lose money". They said: "thanks you very much for your co-operation and hard job here but we will use it".

The other example. One year ago I sad that Brainwashing system and EAs should be very profitable for M15 timeframe. Some other member said: no, it will be profitable for H4. One year passed. And he was right: it is profitable for H4 but not for M15.

Different people - different opinions.

Yoda_Glenn,

if people want to do something they will do. Irrespective of my opinion and your opinion. And the better way for me is just to test EAs and to give some information. Just look: people are buying EAs from ebay not asking even single question. Do you think they all are new to forex? Not. I am buying some ebooks and tools sometimes for myself so I know ...

Because not so many people are interesting in something new in the forex indicators and EAs. 1 year - and I can remember almost all usernames in our forum and in any other forums.

Forex is financial market. Indicators and EAs are instruments for traders. Somebody can use those instruments but some other people can not.

So the better way is the following: every trader should think about himself and about his own money. If he needs support so he will get it from me, from coders and from other members.

As to different performance for demo and real accounts so I am not sure that it is different. I checked and tested few brokers and it is the same (demo and real performance). I did not test IBFX and FXDD as I do not have real account with them.

retro:
I seem to have a virus on my computer that won't let me open any of my metatrader accounts or demos.

I've ran Avast,Ad Aware and Spybot and still no good.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm feeling increasing frustrated and annoyed!!

Thanks for all the ideas in my time of need.

The silence has been deafening!!

Can't get metatrader up

Thanks for all the ideas in my time of need. The silence has been deafening!!

Hi Retro

Have you tried turning off your firewalls, seems I had a similar problem and ended up downloading a new platform couldn't even get that to open up, until I disabled all my firewalls.

Hope this works

tools

metatrader virus

Thanks Tools,

Seems to be part of a virus I downloaded in an EA a couple of weeks ago.

Sucked up all my hard drive and put it in a metatrader log file.

Thought I'd solved the problem until it locked up my metatrader programs and started on my harddrive again.My anti virus programs couldn't find a problem.

Downloaded every free program known to man and seem to now have wormed out the worm.

Hopefully!

Reason: