StepMAExpert_EAs - page 29

stepmaExpert1.42tf

Newdigtal,I am testing stepmaExpert1.42tf these days.But I see "non trading hours" all the time.Is this correct? thank you very much.

Files:
test.gif  94 kb

Yes, it is not a problem. Because it was me who inserted timefilter to this EA and as I am not good coder so I did not know how to delete this "non trading hours" message automatically. So this "non trading hours" message appeared once and was not deleted from the chart.

It is just a text. Just ignore it.

By the way you may test this timefiltered version from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173375/page17 (timefilter was inserted by Igorad). Only you can do it to

figure out MM. I mean lot size and money managment because this verson was coded for Alpari UK mini, IBFX mini and FXDD mini accounts. Same but MM is different (and lot size).

stepmaexpert1.42tf

Newdigital,thank you very much.By my understanding,I need to adjust the start and end time according to different Brokers. Am I right?

newdigital:
Yes, it is not a problem. Because it was me who inserted timefilter to this EA and as I am not good coder so I did not know how to delete this "non trading hours" message automatically. So this "non trading hours" message appeared once and was not deleted from the chart.

It is just a text. Just ignore it.

By the way you may test this timefiltered version from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173375/page17 (timefilter was inserted by Igorad). Only you can do it to

figure out MM. I mean lot size and money managment because this verson was coded for Alpari UK mini, IBFX mini and FXDD mini accounts. Same but MM is different (and lot size).
Files:
test1.gif  52 kb
test2.gif  35 kb

Yes, it depends on the broker.

It is my IBFX settings (1.42 version):

Files:
settings1.jpg  33 kb
settings2.jpg  32 kb
settings3.jpg  30 kb
settings4.jpg  35 kb

It is the statement for GBPJPY (IBFX broker with 1.42tf version):

Files:

Okay, here's a one I've yet to figure out. I've been running the various StepMA's on a live IBFX account and the EUR/JPY and GBP/JPY have done very well. The EUR/USD and GBP/USD still have yet to take a trade even after almost two weeks and the trades that the USD/JPY and USD/CHF have taken all get closed after a one pip movement.

There is no TP set on the USD/JPY and USD/CHF, so I'm unsure as to why the EA is setting the TP when placing the trades. The EUR and GBP haven't taken any trades and I have tried modifying the magic number in case that was interferring.

Any suggestions or things to check?

I am not suggesting to test many EAs in one copy of Metatrader.

Of course, all Step EAs are performing differently for different brokers but not too much difference. I am testing StepMaExpert_v1.45 with 3 brokers: results are different in pips weekly but the tendency is the the same - if it is profitable so i will be pofitable for many brokers irrespective off.

Just look at StepMaExpert_v1.45 with 3 brokers: it is pofitable for GBPUSD. Slightly different performance sometimes but profitable.

MuddBuddha:
Okay, here's a one I've yet to figure out. I've been running the various StepMA's on a live IBFX account and the EUR/JPY and GBP/JPY have done very well. The EUR/USD and GBP/USD still have yet to take a trade even after almost two weeks and the trades that the USD/JPY and USD/CHF have taken all get closed after a one pip movement.

There is no TP set on the USD/JPY and USD/CHF, so I'm unsure as to why the EA is setting the TP when placing the trades. The EUR and GBP haven't taken any trades and I have tried modifying the magic number in case that was interferring.

Any suggestions or things to check?

If you are talking about 1.42 version so EURUSD and USDCHF did not trade this week.

It was last trade for EURUSD:

It was last for USDCHF:

So, EA is not trading often.

As to GBPUSD ... no any trades were closed this week. One trade is still open:

As you understand all Step EAs are trading as one trade per pair.

Reason: