Firebird EA - page 37

Tomba:
Help Please!

I tried using several version of Firebird, including 63G, 3.2-Fixed, 0.65-fixed and 0.65tf-fixed.

It seems that 0.65 and 0.65tf are not making any profit on my test results (EUR/USD, 30M), but on the contrary - they lose.

The rest did not make a good profit neithger.

Maybe my settings are wrong, or my testing?

I'm using Alpari's data and testing it on tick data (90% Modeling Quality).

Thanx,

Tomba.

Hi Tomba,

I did not backtest this EA because 0.65 version (unfixed) is using something on open bar so backtesting is not valid in this case (because this "every tick" modeling quality mod is on close bar).

You may backtest on open bar mod. It will be more closer to reality. But I don't think that it will be valid too because as I understand from the code this EA is using something mixed (close, open bar and high/low bar).

I am forward testing (testing live).

As to fixed version so i am not sure about performance: I am testing fixed version with 4 majors but this EA was openning the orders on USDJPY only (and with losses so far). This fixed version should be tested more.

I am testing this unfixed Firebird because many people like this EA. I understand that it is profitable but to say a true I will never have such a big deposit size in my life to trade this unfixed EA with real money so ...

Please find excel file with EAs performance. Use index page (first page) in excel file to navigate. I did not finish with this file. Will try to finish by the end of February and update on files thread or on links thread.

My settings you may get from files thread.

I tested this EA (unfixed version) during the long period of time before our forum was created and this settings is my settings which I found in that time.

ignore ......

Statements for Firebird unfixed and fixed versions.

Unfixed version seems the better one.

firebird question

Anyone live trading with Firebird? What kind of deposit do you need.

Seems very agressive...feedback appreciated

What configuration on firebird you are using? What periods?

Only losses so far...

M30.

Look at this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page2

It is the versions and settings.

So I joined the Elites...

...and I can't really see what is going on. I'd like to find out the settings you are all using on these EAs for the gains made on the weekly/monthly/total winners, and on what pairs.

For example, I see the the Firebird EA has made a ton of gains since 2006. What is the deal with this EA? If it blows away the other EAs, why doesn't just everyone use it?

I joined this section because I don't have time to backtest and forward test the settings on eachj individual EA. Can someone just tell me what firebird settings to plug into my demo account? I am looking to safely gain about 10% a month and that EA looks like it does much more than that. What settings should I use? What version? What broker?

rp0029:
...and I can't really see what is going on. I'd like to find out the settings you are all using on these EAs for the gains made on the weekly/monthly/total winners, and on what pairs.

For example, I see the the Firebird EA has made a ton of gains since 2006. What is the deal with this EA? If it blows away the other EAs, why doesn't just everyone use it?

I joined this section because I don't have time to backtest and forward test the settings on eachj individual EA. Can someone just tell me what firebird settings to plug into my demo account? I am looking to safely gain about 10% a month and that EA looks like it does much more than that. What settings should I use? What version? What broker?

No to come off as a wiseguy, but a subscription to Elite or any forum is not a prescription for spoon feeding. The task order is to root out the information you're seeking about a particular EA or indicator by patient reading and gathering because it's all there in the topic thread(s)....settings, testimonials, forward test results, etc. If you're too busy to do this, youo probably won't be successful at trading because the homework and self-study is a perpetual duty.

As for Firebird imo, when it's hot, it's red-white hot and when it's down, it can be a deep dark black hole sucking your equity down a vortex. It thrives on ranging markets and suffers badly on big moves. A lot of traders including myself find it to be just to volatile and risky but it does have the potential to make some serious coin when conditions are ripe. Firebird still needs a fair amount of taming in order for it to survive long term.

As many people asked (which version of Firebird with which settings i am running for more than 1 year with good results) so i may reply here.

I am running unfixed version https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page15

Fixed version is having the bug and not trading in right way, trading USDJPY only and with losses only https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page24

rp0029:

There are sticky threads:

- how to start with elite section.

- Weekly performance.

- Weekly Winners.

- Total leaders.

- usefull links/threads/tools. It is some usefull links posted.

- EAs' files: all EAs with settings including Firebird setting i am using.

So you may find all the settings and all the EAs. Besides I am updating EAs' files thread and usefull links/threads/tools thread almost every day.

As to Firebird so we have thread about Firebird here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367

Anway i will move this thread to Firebird thread.

Reason: