Firebird EA - page 60

I am testing with 0.1 only.

question

Disregard, answer found.

Thanks

newdigital:
Firebird was flying once again yesterday.

Hi ND

This big bug is with version 065 only?

Is version 063 ok?

This happens only around the 5th?

And the other versions? v1.xx? v3.xx?

Regards

Yes, it is on the 5th only.

I did not test the other versions.

It is better to switch EA off in 4th in the evening (close all open trades) and then switch on once again in 6th.

newdigital:
Yes, it is on the 5th only.

I did not test the other versions.

It is better to switch EA off in 4th in the evening (close all open trades) and then switch on once again in 6th.

Thanks Newdigital

Than what is the meaning of the word "fixed" on several versions of this ea?

Regards

All the versions are in files thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044 :

"Bug fixed" on this image means the following: it was small bug in the code with this one Point(). So, it was fixed I think. It is not related with our "5th ... case".

In this thread you can find some other "fixed versions": some people (incl me)wanted to fixed this "5th ... case" and could not (failed).

Files:
fireburd.jpg  86 kb

Firebird

Hi NewDigital,

Can you please! post the very same EA's (files or direct links to them) and the settings files for each of the following pairs that you use for the testing of which results you post here... https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173383

GBPUSD:

1. Firebird v0.65 with 18725 pips (since 01.06)

2. Firebird v0.65, timefilter with 7637 pips (since 01.06)

USDJPY:

1. Firebird v0.65 with 21883 pips (since 01.06)

2. Firebird v0.65, timefilter with 14529 pips (since 01.06)

USDCHF:

1. Firebird v0.65, timefilter with 38580 pips (since 01.06)

2. Firebird v0.65 with 35827 pips (since 01.06)

The reason for me asking for this is, that some time ago I've downloaded the files, read all about it, ran it on the live account and the results were much different from what I see in your testing results. The EA in fact loss so not sure where the problem was... incorrect files, incorrect settings, wrong broker, discrepancies between demo/live etc...

Also if I can ask... do you use the same settings or you modify them? do you optimise this and apply optimised settings on EA or you're running the same settings from the beginning of testing? and last question... what brokerage do you use? North Finance for demo testing?

fxhst329:
Hi NewDigital,

Can you please! post the very same EA's (files or direct links to them) and the settings files for each of the following pairs that you use for the testing of which results you post here... https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173383

GBPUSD:

1. Firebird v0.65 with 18725 pips (since 01.06)

2. Firebird v0.65, timefilter with 7637 pips (since 01.06)

USDJPY:

1. Firebird v0.65 with 21883 pips (since 01.06)

2. Firebird v0.65, timefilter with 14529 pips (since 01.06)

USDCHF:

1. Firebird v0.65, timefilter with 38580 pips (since 01.06)

2. Firebird v0.65 with 35827 pips (since 01.06)

The reason for me asking for this is, that some time ago I've downloaded the files, read all about it, ran it on the live account and the results were much different from what I see in your testing results. The EA in fact loss so not sure where the problem was... incorrect files, incorrect settings, wrong broker, discrepancies between demo/live etc...

Also if I can ask... do you use the same settings or you modify them? do you optimise this and apply optimised settings on EA or you're running the same settings from the beginning of testing? and last question... what brokerage do you use? North Finance for demo testing?

For timefilter you can use this version https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page17

Without timefilter - this one with the settings.

I am not changing the settings. Because I am forward testing not for profit. I am forward testing just to know EAs' performance.

When I am changing the settings so I am announcing it and everything is written in excel files: forward testing EAs and stop testing EAs. But as I remember: I've never changed any settings. Not even simgle time. Because we are having too many EAs here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044 and I am testing just 60% of EAs listed in files thread. I am forward testing, or i stop testing EA. It is easier for me to stop testing some EA and start testing new one than change the setting all the time.

As to broker so download excel files from this post (I am updating all those excel files weekly during the weekend with new results). I am taking the figures from the statements ( same post ) and placing the figures in excel files. And then only I am writing those 'weekly winners' and 'total leaders' and 'weekly performance' threads using excel files.

There is file namely 'EA Results Since Beginning of Testing' so all the brokers/EAs are mentioned in this excel file.

As to Firebird EA so I am not recommending to use this EA with real money. It is not the best EA in elite section sorry.

I'm not sure why is Firebird not the best EA in the elite section. Which one is it then? I have now tools to place the same trades on the real account as are opened on a demo, so if the same trades would be placed on the real account... then I don't see it that bad.

Yes, I second that

fxhst329:
I'm not sure why is Firebird not the best EA in the elite section. Which one is it then? I have now tools to place the same trades on the real account as are opened on a demo, so if the same trades would be placed on the real account... then I don't see it that bad.

I'm not sure why is Firebird not the best EA in the elite section. Which one is it then?

Reason: