Firebird EA - page 64

Need help to run the firebird

Hi ND,

When I try to run thr firebird EA, I got an txt file in my expert folder says: 2;93;I:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\Firebird v0[1].65.mq4;260:11;'(' - unexpected token

and I can't drag it to the chart or double click it. . Please help.

I just downloaded those versions and compile it with IBFX and no any error.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page15

Many trades were closed today so please find updated statements atached.

Files:
firebird065.zip  157 kb

Firebird 3.2 just went short on NZDJPY. I said "Aren't you gonna hedge that?" And it did!

Truly remarkable EA.

I'm worried about it taking advice from me though. I'm a noob.

Some people said that Firebird 3.2 is much better than 0.65 version but I did not test 3.2 yet.

I remembered you said that, that is why I'm forward testing it. Alongside two versions of Alpha9 and a private EA. Looking for a neural net EA to test too. Testing everything on account size $2500 with minimum lots.

-Should I use any indicators or can I just run the EA?

-What settings do I use for Firebird v3.2?

I stop testing Firebird v0.65.

Reason?

Unreal pips in profit for demo account which is impossible to produce in real account (Firebird). This EA is producing 10,000 or even 30,000 pips in profit for 1 week, or -10,000 or -5,000 pips in loss sometimes. On demo account forward testing. And those figures are confusing the members a lot: they think that Firebird is the best EA.

Firebird is very risky EA for very big deposit size!

So, I stop testing this EA.

May be I will start forward testing some other versions of Firebird later.

So which EA for real account?

Newdigital, so which EA is the most realistic and profitable for real account?

It depends on your deposit size, broker and your personal risk understanding.

What is personal risk understanding?

For example, I started to test some EA 1 year ago. I found that it is profitable. But it is always good month/week and bad month/week.

So, if you start to use some EA month ago and loss 100 pips, and I started to test same EA 1 year ago and won 3,000 pips so we have the following:

- you will understand this EA as losing EA

and

- I will understand this EA is very profitable one.

It is personal risk understanding: how many losing trades you are allowed to see from this EA, how many losing weeks and so on.

That is why I said: anylize the lossing tradesd more than profitable trades and it will give you the view about how reliable some EA concerning your personal risk understanding.

Just one example with SBS EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174262

I am forward testing it on one demo account since May 2006. It is profitable for some pairs. So one day (1 year ago) I decided to use it with 1,500 my personal real deposit. And EA lost ... don't remember exactly ... more than 300 pips in 2 weeks. Exact in those weeks when I attached this EA to real money deposit. I said to myself: I am stopping using this EA.

But what really happened?

Nothing.

It was about 1,000 pips in profit and after 2 lossing week it became 700 pips. That's nothing if you use EA since May 2006.

But if I just attached EA to the chart and got lossing -300 pips in 2 weeks? Deposit in 1,500 dollars is too small, right? Or may be I started not in right time?

To say the true, after I stopped using this EA with real money so this EA started to produce profit once again

The other example is Mandarine EA.

Did you see excel files?

I am forward testing it since January 2006.

This simple EA (based just on one digital filter arrows indicator only) did +737 pips for EURUSD. It is very good as EA is not trading often. Since January 2006.

Just imagine you attached this EA to the real money account in March this year:

- on my demo EA came down from 1188 pips to 737 pips (lost about 300 pips since March up to now). That's nothing for me as it is still 737 pips, right?

- your EA (same one) will loss 300 pips and you will stop using it.

My understanding: it is very good and profitable EA.

Your understanding: it is loosing EA.

Or you decided to use this Mandarine with GBPUSD.

You attached this EA to the chart in March this year and EA did about +600 pips in profit for you till now. But, as I am testing it since January 2006 so I have -474 pips in loss.

So, your understanding for Mandarine EA for GBPUSD: very profitable EA for GBPUSD.

My understanding for Mandaribe EA for GBPUSD: very lossing EA for GBPUSD

-------------

Thus, to select EA it is necessary to analyze the losses more than profit for many period of time (using excel files for example).

According my understanding, the most reliable is Goldwarrior for mini accounts, Scalp_net 1.5 version for EURUSD, Step 1.45 for GBPUSD, Fozzy EA Igorad's version for D1 timeframe (almost all the pairs testing are profitable), Envelope, Alpha with equity 1 settings (depends on your deposit size of course), 10p3v0.03 EA with my setting and many others. Besides Brainwashing EAs are very good for very small deposit size.

But even most reliable profitable EAs are having negative sides as well. So, if the traders are talking about positive sides only ("look, it is profitable, I had +300 pips last week") so those traders are not ready to use this EA with real money. Because there is one of the good reasonable question concerning EA (anyone). This question is the following:

What is bad here?

So i am suggesting to analyze the losses more than profit and always know/ask about some negative points/sides of EA. because we all can see positive. Positive is always visible by statements and profit and pips in profit. But negative sides are always hidden and not visible at all.

But as you understand it is my personal risk understanding concerning the money I can lose with no problem, personal income, deposit size and so on.

Sorry, do not have time now for any discussion as I am making the statements for elite section every weekend.

Reason: