Envelope 2.11 - page 36

I have been reading

newdigital:
If EURUSD will continue uptrend the Envelope EA will open buy order (3 buy orders).

Hello

I have been reading and downloading this EA Evnelope

the image you present this in a demo

you've tested in a live account

and that you can give me more information on the matter

bye

This image from February 2006?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173366

It can be explained without any accounts by words: EA places 6 pending orders. 3 buy stop and 3 sell stop. Every order is having take profit defined in the settings of the EA. Stop loss is the opposite line of Envelopes indicator. Levels for pending orders are the lines of Envelopes indicator. The settings of this indicator can be changed in EA's settings.

This EA is Classical EA.

It is the same as in Classical Literature ... O'Henry, Jerome K. Jerome, Bernard Shaw, William Shakespeare, A. Chekhov ...

I mean: there are some classical EAs such as Envelope EA, Goldwarrior, DayTrading, TSD versions, Firebird and so on.

Template

Hello Guys,

I started doing some back tests a few days ago with Envelope 2.11 and its variations.

My broker is FxPro and I am testing the whole 2008 year.

I am aware of the limitations of the backtest in MT4, so I am testing always in "visual mode" to have an overall view of the consistency of the EA. It seems ok in a first sight, and apparently all orders are being placed in the correct places.

I have to say that, for the time being, my results are not very exciting, but I will start forward testing to see if I can have a performance as good as NewDigital's in his testing.

For those who want to follow the test in "visual" mode, I am sending a template with the "enevelopes" indicator already customized with the settings of the EA. That will probably help those who wants to follow the logic of the EA.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but if the trade goes wrong within a few hours the stop loss will lock in an $800+ loss, i'm testing on a live account with .1 lots. I don't see the EA adjusting the stop loss as the trade goes against us, does it only adjust every day?

sorry I tried to post image so you guys could see what i'm talking about. thanks

The stop loss is placing in pending orders from the beginning ...

It is what I have now:

Files:
211_3112_1.jpg  220 kb
211_3112_2.jpg  45 kb
211_3112_3.jpg  35 kb
211_3112_4.jpg  30 kb

Thank you for posting the screen shots That's pretty much what I have, my only question is; after an order gets executed does the EA modify the S/L to stop the loss sooner or does it stay with the same S/L that it started with?

It should modify stop loss according to Envelopes indicator lines. Last version if the EA did it. This version should be exact the same as last one ...

I was thinking about it but may be the market is very volatile now?

Anyway, I will ask some coder to check it.

Does having a 5 digit broker make a difference, I notice your profit targets are much larger than mine, unless i'm looking at it wrong? Please help

Reason: