ASCTrend system - page 23

Hi Folks,

A little advice:

This forum is so huge and the threads can grow large very quickly. I'm sure newdigital and all the other Admins/mods have their work cut out for them.

May I propose this: Start reading the thread and create a folder to put all the important information you see. If somebody posts a newer version of an indicator, find out why and update the files in your folder if needed.

I've been active at this forum for some time, but even then - since I know how quickly things can go - I also create the above folder when I start reading a new and interesting thread. It works for me and will work for you too.

This is a BIG forum and reading is an inescapable conclusion. I imagine how busy Newdigital must be, and I feel very lucky whenever he gives me any of his time.

moneyline

holyguy7:
Because I am a complete Moron and cannot remember anything and I require Step by Step Instructions, I created a PDF Document with all instructions and have included all Indicators and Templates needed to recreate NewDigital's system.

NewDigital, if you can look over the files and tell me what I should add/delete, I would appreciate it because as I said before, I am kind of dumb trying to decode someone else's system.

Thank NewDigital and Moneyline for the work.

LOL Holyguy7,

That's the same reason why I make all the charts, I'm a member in good standing of the Moron Club! Once I make the charts I upload them for others to share.

Good job BTW. That's got to be some of the fastest editing I've ever seen!

Looking good!

moneyline

Moneyline, I was about ready to post mine, when I noticed yours. You had some good info so I quickly edited it and reuploaded. Thanks for all the work on this trading system. It does seem to have a lot of promise. Now, if we can just get in made into an EA with all the indicators!!!!

Personally, I can't trade manually. I just don't have the nerves, time and emotions to do it. I prefer an EA that will take all the GREED and FEAR away.

holyguy7:
Because I am a complete Moron and cannot remember anything and I require Step by Step Instructions, I created a PDF Document with all instructions and have included all Indicators and Templates needed to recreate NewDigital's system.

NewDigital, if you can look over the files and tell me what I should add/delete, I would appreciate it because as I said before, I am kind of dumb trying to decode someone else's system.

That's correct.

The only thing that I used Fisher_exit simetimes. because i traded 4 pairs simultaniously and I used it just for orientation. I did this exit one time only. But it helped a lot just to see the situation because it is very difficult to trade without any "theoretical" exit.

And before I open any M1 charts I used W1 and D1 Ichimoku template (attached). It is fully understandable. I opened it for all 4 pairs on W1 and D1 timeframe, wrote on the paper the direction of the trend:

1. price is below or above the cloud,

2. borders of the cloud are support/resistance,

3. those support/resistance are moving on the near future - you may see from the charts,

4. and especially I looked for the white line and red/blue lines:

4.1. white line is going to uptend on historical data - it is uptend,

4.2. if white line is crossing the price on historical data in almost horizontal way - flat, and so on.

4.3. Red line is above blue one - uptrend. Crossing - reversal.

4.4 Stochastic is understandable (80, 20, uptrend or downtrend),

4.5. Delta indicator. Indicating the trend and I looked at the delta between red and blue lines of this indicator. Almost horizontal way for these two lines - flat.

I used it every time before I opened M1 charts in the morning. I wrote on the paper everything concerning W1 and D1 timeframe before I open M1 charts. But I am not following weekly or daily direction of the trend. I am doing it just in case. And I used it when I am getting stop loss on this M1 system but don't want to close on stop loss (because nobody wants to get stop loss).

If I feel that I am getting stop loss I use this D1/W1 template and may estimate the following:

- did I open the order on W1/D1 direction?

- where is the support/resistance lines, how they are moving in the near future (W1/D1);

- and main question: is it possible to keep the orders opened till tomorrow?

- if yes, so the other question: is it possible to re-enter? When?

Concerning "when" I used M1 timeframe as well (all the indicators).

Files:

Excellent System

Update: I added all information, Indicators and Template that NewDigital explains in Post 227 found HERE

Thanks for the explaination. It does appear complicated at first, but I believe practice makes perfect.

Hi Newdigital and thanks for your input.

Though you use the Ichimoku indicator to see the general M/W trend, do you only trade in the direction of the trend indicated by Ichimoku?

I'm asking because I've noticed ASCTrend does quite well in a trending and a ranging market, and not so good in a flat market.

I realize we are getting near the end of the technical descriptionof this method, and I would like to ask you more questions about the way you personally trade this method, meaning: the art of the trade.

Is there anything elsethat has helped you achieve such resounding success with this method?

Do you have many monitors or only 1? If you have more than 1, what are the others set to?

Is there anybody assisting you with the fast and furious action of the 1 minute time frame...or are you doing this all by yourself?

Is there anything else you can think of that's helped a lot, but has not been expounded upon here at the forum?

Do you feel you have personality traits that have helped you a lot with this particular method?

I can vouch for your persistence, determination, and discipline. I know how much work is involved in moderating this forum, and you do it very well. Besides, I'm sure you are always forward testing many EA's and all at the same time !!!

I know I'm asking for lots of information and I would appreciate what you can share with us. My reasons for asking is that I feel there are personal qualities that play a big role in trading, and they have nothing to do with the charts and indicators.

Do forgive me if I've asked questions of a more personal nature, but I do think this is one of the most interesting things to learn about Forex trading.

moneyline

Got the information updated. This trading system is invaluable and would cost you much $$$$ if someone created an Ebook (like I did) explaining how to do it. But because of great help on this forum, the info is given here for FREE.

Thanks NewDigital for the excellent explaination and if you can look over the PDF document again, then I will add anything else you might think of.

Hi All,

I've been manually studying Newdigital's ASC Trend and I've noticed the best signals are when the indicators in separate windows 1 and 2 line up, IE: If a buy, price will be under the KGSP indicator on window 1, and in window 2 under the KGSP indicator and the RoundPriceNE_big_separate.

The next thing I see if the ATR Channel is indicating some kind of possible ranging, meaning: If the price is out to one of the extremes - or just left it in the last candle - that could mean that it will continue.

After that I check the other indicators to see if I can gather any more info on direction. I've noticed that even when the signals are confirmed but we have a doji or spinning top, it's best to wait for a more energetic candle to enter.

A real help has been the color coded template I've made, it helps to see the price information quickly. If any of you would like it, I've attached it at the bottom of this post and it works with all the settings from Newdigital, all you gotta do is load it.

I've been going at this all weekend, and thinking I wouldn't be able to assess the information in a fast enough manner. Yet and still, I've gotten to the point of being able to do it in just a few seconds. It was very intimidating when I realized Newdigital was doing it with multiple charts !!! ....practice will cut the time down though!

moneyline

Alarm problems...

Hi.

What could be the problem I dont get alarm pop-up window or any sounds to this system? I am using ND newest template; all indicators ok. Pls, give me a hand.

moneyline:
Hi Newdigital and thanks for your input. Though you use the Ichimoku indicator to see the general M/W trend, do you only trade in the direction of the trend indicated by Ichimoku?

No. I used this D1 and W1 Ichimoku in the morning and when I am getting stop loss. I am not trading on the direction of the Ichimoku.

moneyline:
Is there anything elsethat has helped you achieve such resounding success with this method?

No. I posted everything.

moneyline:
Do you have many monitors or only 1? If you have more than 1, what are the others set to?

One monitor only. I am only one (I mean nobody helped).

moneyline:
Is there anything else you can think of that's helped a lot, but has not been expounded upon here at the forum?

D1/W1 Ichimoku helped a lot. Sometimes people undervalue the information from D1/W1 Ichimoku template. I am not following news with this system (I mean i am not trading on "news") but D1/W1 Ichimoku template is as news for me: I am sitting in the morning, having my coffee and "reading" this Ichimoku as a news. If you are doing it every morning it will help a lot because you will have some kind of statistics and your own opinion about the price movement. Not especially. Just drinking the coffee and "reading" the D1/W1 chart and relaxing during the every morning (10 - 30 minutes).

Reason: