ASCTrend system - page 26

moneyline:
Hi njp6400, thanks for the template and indicators. How does T3 RSI work?

Thanks!

moneyline

Hi - I have attached picture.

RSI - Standard momentum indicator can be used for trend line break (TLB's), nice TA patterns - H&S type formation etc , mainly for + /_ divergence and finding oversold and overbought levels. The T3 is just providing a MA, a moving trend line basically (T3 's can be emulated somewhat by taking a EMA say a 8 ema and adding an advancement say a 3 period ie 8 ema (+3)

Why use it in this context ? I am just using it to gauge the duration of the current short term price movement, also checking for any divergence etc , have a look at 10 or 12 examples you will get the idea, also to get TLB's, and get the cross of that level 50 ( blue line ) which for the RSI tends to be the major horizontal TLB - its somewhat equivalent to my favourite indicator - the CCI (and zero line)

Specifically it gets me out of some trades where the indicators are signally an entry but the RSI is indicating that the price movement has almost finished. Need to then wait for next opportunity.

The bottom line is that you can use any momentun indicator within reason - the RSI seems an ok fit for this system but people can choose whatever or not at all.

Hope this helps

Regards

Files:

Hi npj,

did u get any 10 pip signal today?

deepdrunk:
trend bands are verry good i like them better than boolinger bands.Midle band line is an EMA 34 and we can use it as sup-res and outher bands as first target.

For trend strenght indicator it also look like good confirmation and can be used for exit also.

MTF macd is litle slower but we should play around it as it is macd from 15,30,1,4 hours so if we change the code to get macd from less than 15 minutes we could get earlier confirmation of astrend sygnal.

Hi Deepdrunk

Thanks for your post

Can you explain use of those other 2 indicators ? ( MACD obviously I know )

In general

One thing that I probably forgot is that much development has already occurred in these ASC indicators ( years ) especially ASCTREND and this updated ASC style indicator Labtrend.

Given this I would propose more is less for these M15 entries , lets get it back to basics and now look at SL settings ( by trading on demo in real time ) , exits and targets. Lets see what can be extracted from the basics that have been provided by ND etc over the next week.

So suggest use RSI or MACD or CCI etc is discretionary at this point in time

Regards

bmac:
Hi npj, did u get any 10 pip signal today?

No sorry - not trading at present.

trend strenght indicator mesures several moving averages,fxsniper is some kind of cci and i use it for exits with his boolinger bands

as for juice i think it speak for itself and i think multy time frame macd can give us filter of asctrend signals to trade only in the direction of the trend

could you please post multitime frame macd indicator?

here you go,it is macd of 15,30,1h,4h but you can enter the code and change time frames

Files:

but i dont know why it is using 5-45 setings, should be 12-26

Hello

Re ND_asctrend_M15_v1 indicator set.

Some nice clean examples from todays CET zone.

Missed the first trade but got on to 2nd trade for 15 pips.

I am just using the basic set of indicators posted by ND ( from M1 set ) plus

ema 50 & ema 100 for support resistance. Using SL =16 , trying for 10 -15 pips at present on major pairs until I become familar with this type of system.

Sorry nothing "magic" here, just std trading and signals appear very consistent on Cable and EUR/ USD. (Obviously I am also entering based on old rule of if price below ema50 only take short, if above ema50 only take long)

Other than last week, in 7 years of trading sharemarket and 1 year Forex I have never traded lower than 30m timeframe.

Since I am newbie at M15 can I ask ND, experienced traders of ASCTREND and general M15 traders a couple of questions if possible.

Am I missing something obvious here ? ( most likely !) I thought that ASCTREND style indicators failed to deliver consistency on lower timeframes like 15m

Are the currentmarket conditions ( last 2 weeks ) just favourable to this style of M15 trading ( so in a months time will fail miserably) ?

Is it that ASCTREND indicators have traditionally been used to obtain large price movements with large SL ? ie not 10 -15 pips but 50 -100 pips

Have these indicators been recently "tweaked" or "fitted" to current conditions ?

Any input appreciated.

If no feedback -I guess I will just find out over the next couple of months....

Regards

excellent trades np, those entries were so cleaar and nice, would you please analize euro today ?, how would the entries would be, i like a lot the 10-15 pips target for 15min, i wonder if take the whole move would be possible, i am thinking maybe using cci, what is your opinion? thanks a lot deep for the mtf macd, i am looking for fx sniper indicator, if you can could you please post it, seems very good to know how to get all the juice of the trade.

Reason: