The question is: IS MT5 reliable? and how to force to update

Hi,

2 days ago i was doing some tests and the behaviour was very strange. I rebooted the mql5, I launched again the test but it was still strange...after I while I received the message of rebooting for installing the new version. How comes the new version create a conflict with the version I am using?
So it is normal to wonder if the platform can be reliable.

I have also a problem with the MT5 update.
After creating a new EA, I decided to move the .ex5 on the MT5 I have on VPS but it says to update the terminal because the EA was created with a newer version of MT5
Investigating on the MT5 versions I found:

on my pc I have the
-vers.5 build 1912 of 16/octber/2018

instead on the VPS I have the
-vers.5 build 1881 09/july/2018

I Tried more times to reboot the MT5, I was trying also a manual way to force the update but until now no solutions.

Switch account to MetaQuotes-Demo server and wait for updates.

But please note that 1910 - 1912 builds are the beta versions so it may be good for you to skip the updates for now in case you do not want to test beta (wait for normal build, or use your old once). 

Sergey Golubev:

Switch account to MetaQuotes-Demo server and wait for updates.

But please note that 1910 - 1912 builds are the beta versions so it may be good for you to skip the updates for now in case you do not want to test beta (wait for normal build, or use your old once). 

I did not notice it was a beta version, also checking the info now it does not mention about the beta version :| 
I prefer not installing the beta version so on VPS it is good I don t have the notification of update.
Thanks

If i have MT open and it ask to install the new version,I could accept without going to the website and checking what is new.
Do you agree with me?
How can I restore the stable version? Am I forced to unisntall, download the old stable and reinstall manually and setting again credentials?
Thanks.

You can always skip updating (if the system is asking you to update so you can skip it), and after that - look at the sticky threads here for new announcements about new versions/builds.
If you agree and ok, so - restart MT5, connect it to MetaQuotes-Demo, wait for update, click "OK" or "agree" button and updates will be installed.

But if you are not a coder and not a seller so you may agree with any updates (just my opinion).

One example about why we need to read the announcement.
This announcement about new functions: New MetaTrader 5 Platform build 1860: MQL5 functions for operations with bars and Strategy Tester improvements - 

MQL5: New functions: iTime, iOpen, iHigh, iLow, iClose, iVolume, iBars, iBarShift, iLowest, iHighest, iRealVolume, iTickVolume, iSpread. These functions are similar to those used in MQL4. The functions provide for an easier transfer of code of trading applications to the fifth generation platform.

So, some indicators should be fixed (this is the example of fixing on this post - #5).

New MetaTrader 5 Platform beta build 1845: MQL5 functions for operations with bars and Strategy Tester improvements
New MetaTrader 5 Platform beta build 1845: MQL5 functions for operations with bars and Strategy Tester improvements
  • www.mql5.com
New MetaTrader 5 Platform beta build 1845: MQL5 functions for operations with bars and Strategy Tester improvementsThe new beta version of the upda...

Sergey Golubev:

You can always skip updating (if the system is asking you to update so you can skip it), and after that - look at the sticky threads here for new announcements about new versions/builds.
If you agree and ok, so - restart MT5, connect it to MetaQuotes-Demo, wait for update, click "OK" or "agree" button and updates will be installed.

But if you are not a coder and not a seller so you may agree with any updates (just my opinion).

ok, I got it.
I should always read the announcement but, if a versions is a beta, dont you think the user should know it even if it should not create issues?
Anyway, how can I downgrade to the stable version?
thanks Sergey

Marco Montemari:

ok, I got it.
I should always read the announcement but, if a versions is a beta, dont you think the user should know it even if it should not create issues?
Anyway, how can I downgrade to the stable version?
thanks Sergey

This is build 1881 here.

--------------

As to new stable build so I found some information -

question:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT5 build 1911 and market

Sergey Deev , 2018.10.16 04:34

When are we waiting for the final release of the new version?

reply:

MY GOD, it is like a virus.
I reinstalled the metatrader 1881 of july but it continues to update in hidden mode.
Should I format the pc or what? :|

Marco Montemari:
MY GOD, it is like a virus.
I reinstalled the metatrader 1881 of july but it continues to update in hidden mode.
Should I format the pc or what? :|
Yes and also burn your computer and buy a new one.
Reason: