FXAnt EA

I was wanting to request a little help improving this EA. It was designed originally by Renatops. The EA can be found Here.

I was hoping that we could improve it so that it works better. It appears to open up too many orders and I was wanting to solve that problem. I also wanted to see if there was a way to add ajustable settings rather then having to go into the code to do it.

I also wanted to add that it appears to work very well on the H1 and H4 timeframes as well.

I am currently forward testing all three and they appear to be successful.

Your statement seems different form the original EA code!

Here 0.1 lot is traded with a 6 pip TP and a 20 pip SL.

Your statement apparently trades 1 lot with a 20 pip TP and 30 pip SL.

How about the time of day that is stated in the original post?

Can you inform us... ...or we just try it out...

Thanks anyway!

holyguy7:
I was wanting to request a little help improving this EA. It was designed originally by Renatops. The EA can be found Here. I was hoping that we could improve it so that it works better. It appears to open up too many orders and I was wanting to solve that problem. I also wanted to see if there was a way to add ajustable settings rather then having to go into the code to do it.
Hi, Tomsd.

I took your suggestion seriously and coded the following TEA (toy expert advisor).

240 pips in the last 5 hours and counting in EURUSD,M30! 95% winning trades! Not bad, huh?

Amuse yourself.

PS: Of course strategy testers are useless here as it works within the bar and the testers just simulate this kind of motion.

Renato

Am i missing something here? Wasn't this coded as a joke to prove that the backtester doesn't work? Is this actually working in real time?

Yeah maybe Nicholishen...

...indeed holyguy7 clearly mentions that he is forward testing this EA, succesfully so far! Just loaded it myself...can't really catch-up with the logic of it, but maybe there's the genius...

Your signature could be more appropiate than you know...

FloFri:
Yeah maybe Nicholishen...

...but holyguy7 clearly mentions that he is forward testing this EA!

Maybe your signature is more appropiate than you know...

Sorry, my eyes passed right over that part Regardless, that's why I asked if it was working forward. ... my signature is always appropriate... I am human...

Haha well sorry, I wasn't referring to you in particular, I meant all of us humans all together...

I start getting it...The EA here just made 78 pips in 2 minutes. It seems that it profits from doubtful marketconditions, hence the time restrictions of the original post.

Opening a buy position when the Ask is lower than the Open: Ask < Open[0] that must be lower than the mid of the bar: Open[0]<(High[0]+Low[0])/2 (that has to be bigger than 10 pips: High[0]-Low[0])>10*Point).

For me that means like when it turns out that we opened low on a bar and the price gets even lower than that open the price is likely to go up again (feeling around on the bar). By the way the EA is active only the first half of the duration of the timeframe and when active and the condition has been met it start opening as many positions as it can frantically (in my case a few dozen a minute).

Wonder if that will work on a real account for starters ...

Here is the logic:

Buy

Step 1: the current candle is at least ten pips long between high and low.

Step 2: the current candle opened at less than halfway between the high and low

Step 3: the present Ask price is less than the open.

reverse for sell

I have attached an upgrade so you can control how many trades are open at the same time. What else would make this better?

EDIT

I reattached the upgrade to include Maxtrades SL TP and lots.

Files:
fxanthg.mq4  2 kb

Sorry about that all. I changed the code to trade 1 lot and to increase the TP to 20. However, I would like a lot to be adjustable and not open so many orders. This EA seems to work great on the H4 timeframe.

I just thought we could work out the kinks to make it into a real EA rather than just a toy. It seems to have some good potential.

I thought about changing the code to adjust the stoploss and take profit. Anyway, if we can all look at this thing, it does seem to have some promise.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for all the help improving this EA. I do think it does have potential.

I added in a Timefilter to see if that would help. After looking at all the timeframes, the H4 seems to have the best potiential, of course that was with current settings of TP: 20, SL: 30

I am eager for us to test out and see what we as a group can come up with.

Nick, any chance you could add in MagicEA and Trailing Stop Option. I personally don't use Trailing stops, but it might come in handy to test.

Slow Scholastic Filter might help too, especially for the H4 timeframe, what do you thing?

Files:
fxant_1.2.mq4  2 kb

Reason: