The future of automated trading: round two

Contents of previous episodes: here(not necessary to read, but there were some interesting links)

Cut - Rosh

I didn't read the text of the post itself as I didn't like the title of the thread. If you can't express your irony and sarcasm without being childishly vulgar, then perhaps you shouldn't start.

I must have missed something and now I don't get it.

Я не стал читать сам текст сообщения, так как мне не понравился заголовок темы. Если Вы не можете выразить свою иронию и сарказм без детских пошлостей, то, пожалуй, и не стоит начинать.

It's a shame, it was a good text.

Perhaps it was for the best, though. Gogol burned the second volume of Dead Souls, and I was helped by another Salieri.

timbo:

It's a shame, it was a good text.

Perhaps it was for the best, though. Gogol burned the second volume of Dead Souls and I was helped by another Salieri.

That's all right, you're not Mozart. You want to be ironic, fine. But without the elements of buffoonery.

If the syllable stings, write again with a proper thread title, without the buffoonery.

Rosh:

That's all right, you're not Mozart. You want to be ironic, you're welcome. But without the elements of buffoonery.

If the syllable stings, write again with a normal branch name, without buffoonery.

You never know...

What good would it do if Mozart were alive

And reaches new heights?

Would he thereby raise the art? No;

It will fall again as he vanished:

He will leave us no heir.

What use is he? Like a certain cherub,

He sends us a few songs of paradise,

that he might stir up our wingless desires

In us, sons of dust, to fly away afterwards!

Then fly away, the sooner the better.

timbo:

Who knows...

timbo, you're not Byron. Stop complaining and get to the point.

Rosh:

And how do you see the future of autotrading ?

I managed to read timbo your whole post. There is one bogeyman in there that I don't think many people understand. It's the intimidation of the big organizations. They're supposed to be stronger and smarter. I worked for many years in big organizations, the last few years head of the LNI here (unfortunately it ceased to exist). So drawing an analogy. I can safely assert. That behind the big names of developments in large institutions, most often there is an idea (1 person), the one who came up with it. All the others (watchmen, drivers, accountants, bosses...fuck them...) have nothing to do with it, they can only help and (or) hinder the realization of this idea in life.

If a private trader (even a single trader) will have a trading platform that is not inferior in speed, accuracy of execution of trading commands and quality of quotes delivered, the trading platform of the big guys (even Goldman Sachs, if it is an example :-)))), then the trader and this TP have a future.

Hence it is very difficult to discuss the future of ATC without discussing a tool that allows auto-trading (its qualities and characteristics). It will be a talk about nothing.

Prival:

It is difficult to discuss the future of ATC without discussing the tool that enables auto-trading (its qualities and characteristics). It will be a conversation about nothing.

I've never seen this post, and the last thread didn't seem to be about that, if I've understood Timbo correctly. Let's assume that all participants have the same good, fastest platforms and the same ping

Ok, I have the text of the first post saved:

Contents of previous series: here(not necessary to read, but there were some interesting links there)

The topic is not about MT or any other specific trading/analysis package, but about the takeover of stock trading by the machines of big companies and the attempts to counter this takeover by the little people. Some trivial facts that should form the foundation of the stovepipe from which one should dance.

1. autotrading is growing. Today at various exchanges around the world from 50 to 70% of all trades are made by robots. And there is a strict trend to increase this percentage.

2. Robots primarily trade high-frequency trading, i.e. super-scalping - holding a position for a fraction of a second, profit one cent per share. Why such strategies? It is relatively simple, fast and still profitable. But it is not the only strategy exploited by robots.

3. Robots of big companies can analyse more dates than any small speculator, and do it much faster. I.e. some Goldman Sachs can alone cover all the TA in all the markets of the world. Big companies have the best computers, the best communications, the fullest history to analyze - all ticks, trades, volumes, and the best mathematicians to analyze that date on those computers.

4. robots have already started hunting robots, i.e. if investors and speculators used to make the weather and TA tried to understand their moods by price analysis, now that time has passed. If human traders are already in the minority, it is not their behaviour that sets trends, levels and so on, but the behaviour of robots. TA goes to the garden. Behavioral finance can close without ever really opening. They are replaced by analysis of robot behaviour.

5. Robots can already analyse fundamentals and read newspapers and reports. It's all just numbers, after all, and robots are strong in them.

How can a small investor with a dead computer, a slow connection, a leaky history and, on top of that, a high commission, stand up to them? Yes, perhaps he could beat many human traders. But what competitive advantage does he have against robots?

For example, people are looking for people to build trading systems for these robots and I suggest you read the requirements and fees. One thing is worth another. Are you ready to compete with these people? And if you also take into account their total hardware advantage?

Prival:

How do you see the future of automated trading?

If the question is specifically for me, I can only say one thing - the very nature of auto-trading will change. The appearance of MetaTrader 5 will once again make trading available to even more people, the cost of development will fall. It will not be the same as on some other forums, where they ask to write a simple Trailing Stop for 4000 rubles.

Consequently, the share of automated systems in trading will significantly increase, up to the point that the very nature of the market may change. What is now available to hundreds of traders will become available to thousands and tens of thousands, and the regularity found at the "quantum" level will be instantly eliminated by robots trying to gain profit from it.

In a nutshell, that's it for me.

papaklass:

By doing so (I highlighted in your post) you confirm that the most profitable strategy will be pipsqueak? Otherwise, how do you interpret the phrase "will be instantly eliminated by robots"?

On the contrary, pipsing will become much more difficult. "Whose banquet is it on?" (с)
Reason: