ASCTrend system - page 7

yup

Thanks, NewD.

That's exactly what I got out of it. I was more looking for a general update of what are the best (to date) indicators/modifications that are being used in combination with it. There seems to have been a lot of ideas thrown around without really a progress report of what has worked the best and what has not. If that effort has been abandoned due to the "lost magic" of the system, that's okay. Just interested in the latest so I can test it myself and join everyone in refining it more.

Thanks for posting,

Jax-

JaxPacific:
Thanks, NewD.

That's exactly what I got out of it. I was more looking for a general update of what are the best (to date) indicators/modifications that are being used in combination with it. There seems to have been a lot of ideas thrown around without really a progress report of what has worked the best and what has not. If that effort has been abandoned due to the "lost magic" of the system, that's okay. Just interested in the latest so I can test it myself and join everyone in refining it more.

Thanks for posting,

Jax-

Igorad wrote this evaluation but he is coding the new indicators for this system in the same time. So everybody is waiting. As I know this system is more good with D1 or W1 timeframe. If the new indicators are finished I will post of course.

Because i want to see the new indicators and EA as well.

newdigital:
Holyguy7,

Which indicators are you using exactly?

These indicators are not modified seriously?

What is your rules?

Please tell more about this Super 7 system.

OK, I have basically tried about every trend indicator out there. I discarded the ones that either did the same thing these do or are difficult to understand. So I have settled with just the seven indicators inclosed. Here is how I filter the trades to reduce whiplash.

I have color coded all indicators to either Lime Green (Bullish) or Red (Bearish). In this way, it one can quickly look at the chart and see what the trend is looking like.

The only rule I follow is this after setting up all indicators: The 3 must AGREE.

What three indicators am I talking about:

ASCTrend1sig- This is the first indicator if the arrow points either Red (Bearish) or Green (Bullish)

OsMA- This is the second indicator. The Bars must AGREE with the above Signal. In other words, if the bars are up from 0 then it is Bullish or down from 0 then it is bearish.

TrendTriggerMod- The line must be moving in the correct direction that agree with the above two indicators. Moving up means that it is bullish, moving down means that it is bearish. If the line is moving the wrong direction or flat, wait a bar or two to see if the direction changes.

Remember, do this only on the 1 hour chart. The 1 hour chart does a good job filtering out the noise the others seem to have.

By following the above rules, you will catch EVERY major trend and reduce whiplash down during the none trending (flat) times.

My goal in posting this is to see if some brilliant coder could make an EA of these rules, combine the rules to make an easier to read signal or improve upon the existing system that I use.

I believe you can use this on most currency pairs. I have been demoing this this with the EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, NZDUSD, GBPJPY and a couple others. Unfortunately, since I can't be at my computer 24 hours a day 7 days a week, I can't alway keep an eye on what is happening and may miss trades and/or opportunities.

Enclosed is a few screen shots of the system currently. Notice in the screen shots how to use the filters I described to reduce whiplash.

Remember, the 3 MUST AGREE

Any other questions or any indicators that you all might think of adding would be great.

Files:
gbpjpy.gif  27 kb
gbpusd_5.gif  26 kb
nzdusd.gif  27 kb
usdjpy.gif  26 kb
super7.zip  8 kb

perfect!

Thank you very much! I really appreciate the update!

literal translation

I don't remember anyone posting this.. So here is the literal translation of the russian asctrend evaluation that was posted a while back. All I did was run it through the babblefish link and copy the charts over. If someone would like to clear it up, feel free. Like I said it was a litteral translation and some words didn't make the translation.

I was hoping someone could post an update in this thread every once in a while, with where the "best functioning" version of this system (since people have added things to it) is at? I've read through this thread a few times and I'm not sure. So separate from the "idea swapping" could someone label a post every now and then as "UPDATE"? Thanks, it would make following and implementing ideas easier, and keep from working on the same thing, that someone else is.

Jax-

optimizing ASC ea

newdigital:
Some people say that it is the best signal system in the world. It is very famous system and it was developed in the interesting way: Russians recognized this system for MetaTrader some years ago and this western trading system was not very profitable (I am talking about MetaTrader only) but had as great potential so Russians wanted to create the same system to be Russian system only. But they failed. They had to continue the development and improvements of this western system. They did it. Finally we have most famous trading system for Metatrader which was developed, tested, evaluated and reviewed by all forex community in the world irrespective of the barriers and countries.

i downloaded the ASCTrend EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum 2 weeks ago.

and i kept it run at a demo a/c for 2 weeks.

so far the system generated 300pips for 7 pairs, of 4 major & AUD,CAD &EURJPY.

I want stick on the forward testing longer time, but i want someone can explain to me the parameter of this system, so that i can put diffrent setting simulatously at serveral accounts.

Risk,

entryRange, (i found this value maybe a key parameter of this system, maybe diffrent paris/frames should have diffrent optimal value, but i want know how to determin a "optimal" value for each sencse.

sigvarmin

please detail the range and it's function, as detail as possible,

thanks in advanced.

danho:
i downloaded the ASCTrend EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum 2 weeks ago.

and i kept it run at a demo a/c for 2 weeks.

so far the system generated 300pips for 7 pairs, of 4 major & AUD,CAD &EURJPY.

I want stick on the forward testing longer time, but i want someone can explain to me the parameter of this system, so that i can put diffrent setting simulatously at serveral accounts.

Risk,

entryRange, (i found this value maybe a key parameter of this system, maybe diffrent paris/frames should have diffrent optimal value, but i want know how to determin a "optimal" value for each sencse.

sigvarmin

please detail the range and it's function, as detail as possible,

thanks in advanced.

Sorry I don't know about EA anything. There are many attempts to create EAs according to this system.

I was talking about manual trading system.

newdigital:
Sorry I don't know about EA anything. There are many attempts to create EAs according to this system. I was talking about manual trading system.

i though that EA i am running is uploaded by you ?

can you please tell me the detailed function of those parameters ?

extern double Lots = 0.10;

extern int TakeProfit = 100;

extern int StopLoss = 40;

extern int TrailingStop = 20;

extern int Risk=3;

extern int EntryStopLevel=10;

extern int EntryRange=27;

extern int TSLevel1=30;

extern int TSLevel2=60;

extern int SigValMin=5;

extern int Slippage=3; // Sllipage[/CODE]

I do not know.

If Risk is the same with indicator so if we increase the risk we will reduce the trades to catch big movement.

As to EntryRange so I did not understand exactly.

[CODE]if (ascsigbuy[0]!=0) {

if (wprfast>0) {

if (wprslow>=0) {

if (Rangex1 && SigValBuy>SigValMin) {

if (nrtrwatrg[0]>0 || Ask>nrtrwatrr[0]) {

if (nrtrwatrg[1]==0) sl=ascsigbuy[0]; else sl = nrtrwatrg[1];

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,Lots,Ask+EntryStopLevel*Point,Slippage,sl,Ask+EntryStopLevel*Point+TakeProfit*Point,"ASC++",16384,0,Lime);

vartime=TimeHour(Time[0]);

return(0);

I understand only that it affect on the condition for buy and sell:

if we have asctrend buy signal, and fast line in wpr indicator is more than 0 and slow >= 0, and Range < EntryRange (in pips) etc. And as I understand it places stop orders at the price + EntryStopLevel.

Sorry I don't know

Asct2

ASCTrend2.

Small dots (by aqua and fuchsia color) which may be used for stop or to increase the profit to the trend direction.

Hi

The indicator dont show the aqua dots only fuchsia dots!! may be some one from the programmers can fix this ans send the file ? thanks

Reason: