ASCTrend system - page 4

DeSt:
Is there an expert advisor for ASCTrend? If there is an ASCTrend expert advisor, you can run strategy tester to see how it does. Try creating an expert advisor if one does not exist.

I know many attempts to do it. But first we need to evaluate this ASCTrend system (on the same way as we evaluated Braintrading system). We must be sure that this ASCTrend works and estimate the rules for the EA.

What are the difficulties?

As you know ASCTrend (and Braintrend etc) is signal system. It means that "the indicators are significant and price is nothing". Is it good or bad? Good because even the my son may trade using strict signal systems' rules following the dots or arrows. Just show him how to move the mouse and that's all.

Why is it bad? because we are not looking on the price and all the rules should be estimated very carefully because of that.

If we have non-signal system (some EMA crossing for example) we will have the price as the main subject and all the indicators with dots and arrows are auxiliary ones just for the confirmation and validation only. We will get all the information from the price movement. And small child can not trade non-signal system: he should be educated and experienced.

ASCTrend is the signal system.

newdigital:
I know many attempts to do it. But first we need to evaluate this ASCTrend system (on the same way as we evaluated Braintrading system). We must be sure that this ASCTrend works and estimate the rules for the EA.

What are the difficulties?

As you know ASCTrend (and Braintrend etc) is signal system. It means that "the indicators are significant and price is nothing". Is it good or bad? Good because even the my son may trade using strict signal systems' rules following the dots or arrows. Just show him how to move the mouse and that's all.

Why is it bad? because we are not looking on the price and all the rules should be estimated very carefully because of that.

If we have non-signal system (some EMA crossing for example) we will have the price as the main subject and all the indicators with dots and arrows are auxiliary ones just for the confirmation and validation only. We will get all the information from the price movement. And small child can not trade non-signal system: he should be educated and experienced.

ASCTrend is the signal system.

Anything worthwhile is difficult to do. Creating an expert advisor for ASCTrend isn't extremely difficult because the indicators are already created. The difficulty is making the execution and exit of trades perform reliably and the advisor must also check for other signal confirmations.

Expert Advisor for ASCTrend

newdigital:
ASCTrend1 indicator.

This indicator colors the bars according the climate of the market: red color is bearish and blue is bullish.

ASCTrend2.

Small dots (by aqua and fuchsia color) which may be used for stop or to increase the profit to the trend direction.

ASCTrend1Signal: main indicator in the system showing the signals for buy or sell. If the signal is repeated it means re-enter signal and we may open additional order on the same direction.

Can somebody write the steps necessary to make a ASCTrend trade? What is the algorithm in making an ASCTrend trade? I want to try making an expert advisor for ASCTrend but I need to know the steps and conditions needed for a trade to be made and steps to exit a trade.

Ref: Post #15 Evaluation

I just ran Igor's evaluation (in Russian) through Altavista's Babel Fish.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

It is all about what Ablesys' ASCTrend indicators are based on.

I was surprised. Now we know who Santa Claus really is.

Rancho:
Ref: Post #15 Evaluation

I just ran Igor's evaluation (in Russian) through Altavista's Babel Fish.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

It is all about what Ablesys' ASCTrend indicators are based on.

I was surprised. Now we know who Santa Claus really is.

Yes it is very good evaluation. And as I know it is the part one of the evaluation only. It is the best evaluation of ASCTrend system.

As to Santa Claus so all the signal systems are based on the classical indicators. BTW many people tried to create the same indicators but for MT3 and MT4 but failed. Irrespective of evaluation and everything. It is very simple but nobody did it up to now.

newdigital:
Yes it is very good evaluation. And as I know it is the part one of the evaluation only. It is the best evaluation of ASCTrend system. As to Santa Claus so all the signal systems are based on the classical indicators. BTW many people tried to create the same indicators but for MT3 and MT4 but failed. Irrespective of evaluation and everything. It is very simple but nobody did it up to now.

I have been trying to program in MT4. The reason why many people are having problems is because MT4 contains many bugs. The prices are not updated in a consistent basis for the Expert Advisors. The price update for EA's are different from the charts so this causes problems in execution of trades by the EA. Many of the functions for MT4 don't work properly. I don't thnik the "System Tester" is accurate at all. Until the developers of MT4 and the MetaTrader fix the bugs, programmers will find that their EA's will not work properly.

ASC Trend System Help

I know there is no expert advisor to this system but I was wondering if there was a way to program the ASCTrend1Sig to send an automatic email if a signal goes off.

I use a modified version of the ASC Trend system. I call it the "Super 7" because I use 7 indicators that help me improve this already profitable system.

The indicators I use are as follows:

ASCTrend1sig

ASCTrend1

ASCTrend2

TrendManager

SilverTrend

OsMA

TrendTriggerMod

Also, for better visual effects. I have re-color coded all indicators either green (long) or red (short).

I use OsMA and TrendTriggerMod to reduce down whiplash and they appear to do that very well.

However, after testing, I am getting ready to go live but needed a way to signal myself via SMS when a signal goes off so that I don't have to be at my computer 24-7.

Anyhow, this is my first post here and a recent screenshot of the 1 hour chart of the EUR/USD. It shows how well the system seems to work.

If you have any questions for me and what I look for to get rid of whiplashes, just let me know.

Files:

I always wondered why i could never make any money from asctrend or its hybrid indicators I mean see arrow wait till bar closes make trade .....easy even a kid can do it - hmmmmmm

then i realised

try picturing the arrow on a buy at the high not the low of that candle and for a sell at the low not the high...

i.e put the arrow at the other end of that bar/candle

doesnt look so good!!!!!!

just a point to mention

holyguy7:
I know there is no expert advisor to this system but I was wondering if there was a way to program the ASCTrend1Sig to send an automatic email if a signal goes off.

I use a modified version of the ASC Trend system. I call it the "Super 7" because I use 7 indicators that help me improve this already profitable system.

The indicators I use are as follows:

ASCTrend1sig

ASCTrend1

ASCTrend2

TrendManager

SilverTrend

OsMA

TrendTriggerMod

Also, for better visual effects. I have re-color coded all indicators either green (long) or red (short).

I use OsMA and TrendTriggerMod to reduce down whiplash and they appear to do that very well.

However, after testing, I am getting ready to go live but needed a way to signal myself via SMS when a signal goes off so that I don't have to be at my computer 24-7.

Anyhow, this is my first post here and a recent screenshot of the 1 hour chart of the EUR/USD. It shows how well the system seems to work.

If you have any questions for me and what I look for to get rid of whiplashes, just let me know.

Holyguy7,

Which indicators are you using exactly?

These indicators are not modified seriously?

What is your rules?

Please tell more about this Super 7 system.

hi holyguy,

plscan you attache your suoer seven system and indicator so i can do forward testing also.

Reason: