Moving Average - page 16

Special Moving Avarage

Hi there!

I often use different EMA, SMA, LWMA etc etc in that way that i plot for exemple 34EMA close, 34EMA High and 34EMA low on the same chart.

The problem is when i have ploted that kind of setup with 3, 4 or even 5 different moving avarage it get kind of difficult to see anything at all. I mean... every MA i use contains 3 lines (close, high and low). 3 times 5 = 15.... many many lines

Anyway... i don't know if it exists or even is possible to program but what i have been looking for avile now is an Moving Avarage indicator were i can set what kind of MA i want to use, the period of this MA.

It shall then plot it self in three different colours depending on if the MA is closer to the high of the same MA or closer to the low of the same MA. If the distance from high and low is the same it shall plot the third colour.

But.... is this even possible to program?

Regards / Joacim

I want to re-mind about this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

(open+close)/2

I'm looking for a moving average indicator using (open+close)/2 .

Does anybody know it?

Could you please post.

Thank you

I have been reading the info on the ma angle idea an it seem very difficult to do.

But is it possible to build a protractor as an indicator. My reasoning behind this is that you could use MA cross style instead of calculating the MA Angle anyway it's just an idea from outsdie the box LOL

Or using the grid that is already on MT as a referance point.

Files:

moving average with hedging capability

hello all,

i have been thinking of a system which will require minimum intervention but at the same time has a safety function. I need the help of the programmers to code this because i think it is the ultimate system and do the maths and you will see that it is profitable....

I will post the rules only if enough response from the coders and the members.

It doesn't matter which MA you use but the best ones will enhance the profitability.

Thanks and awaiting response...

teldon

teldon:
hello all,

i have been thinking of a system which will require minimum intervention but at the same time has a safety function. I need the help of the programmers to code this because i think it is the ultimate system and do the maths and you will see that it is profitable....

I will post the rules only if enough response from the coders and the members.

It doesn't matter which MA you use but the best ones will enhance the profitability.

Thanks and awaiting response...

teldon

Share your idea, I'm interested.

help with EMA

where can i an EMA to download for mt4

rudy thack:
where can i an EMA to download for mt4

EMA is a standard Moving Average, but with Expodential option.

Standard Moving Average is provided with Metatrader.

look in you standard indicators, select Moving Average and into the indicator option select "Expodential" (Field MA Option).

wolfe:
Share your idea, I'm interested.

wolfe,

i will explain.

MA are lagging indicators which will follow the prices for sure no matter what.

if you look at 2 MA cross , lets say EMA 5 and EMA 13. You will see that if we take all the trades at each cross some are profitable and some are not.

Therefore , we will not use TP or SL on our trades.

Rule # 1 . We will take trades at every cross.

Rule # 2 . No tp and no sl.

Rule # 3 . Suppose we took 1st trade and it was winning so at the next cross we close that trade and open a new one as per the cross.

Rule # 4 . If the 1st trade is losing we do not close the trade at the next cross but open another trade double the size of the 1st trade as per the direction of the cross.

The logic is ..... this will only happen when the 1st trade is at a minimal loss.

Look at the chart to see when the MA turns around fast the distance between the 1st and the 2nd trade will not be much there doubling the lot will quickly recover the negative float to positive.

Rule # 5 . If there are more whipsaws we not not keep increasing the lot.

something like .... if # of trades > 2 the lot stays as the size of the last trade

eg. 1st trade is 0.01 then 2nd trade is 0.02 while the next trades are 0.02.

Rule # 6. All open trades will close at the next cross if only the floating position is positive.

Rule # 7 . Optional ..sometimes the floating postion can become positive and then become negative ... if we wnat to be more presevative we can implement a virtual stoploss with true or false option and it will work like this.... if more than 2 trades are opened The EA must calculate a breakeven stoploss line on the chart. If after turning positive float the trades try to become negative the EA closes all the trades at the line with 0 loss.

I hope the members of this forum can understand this strategy and make an EA to be tested . Try doing the math.... it will be profitable . pure mathematical EA , no guess work and no analysis of the market.

Thanks

enjoy

to see the potential of this strategy , pull a chart of any currency. Click on 1 min chart so that you can monitar the trades in one sitting. Trade the crosses as explained above and see the result.

thanks

Reason: