Moving Average - page 5

other exit indicators

i guess good for non trending market

Files:

Thanks-StoMAch

Ben,

Thanks for configuring the MA of Stochastic as the 'Stomach' indicator. I've found that smoothing the Stochastic with the MA removes a lot of the noise and makes the Stochastic more useful to me. At various lengths I find it helpful in filtering noise out of the CCI-50/20/6. This will make it easier to set up.

Thanks also to New Digital for posting the 'Bykov Trend Signal'. It looks promising on 1H with R:6,SSP:11, Bars:500. Using a filter like 'Macd_lines' at 6,40,9, requiring primary trend, seems to filter out any against-trend Bykov signals. I haven't quite figured out the 'Stomach_Exits' signals. Do you currently have signals given when the MA of Stochastic line crosses the 20 or 80?

- MJ

Files:

ibadah:
Hi ND and Roter,

The default of the StoMAch indicator (gold line) is EMA. I also put options in the properties of the indicator so anyone can change it as he/she wishes. As usual, 0=SMA; 1=EMA; 2=SMMA; 3=LWMA. But for the signal line of the stochastic (red line), I left it as original ie. SMA.

Hope it's useful.

Brgds - Ben

NB: Thanks to MJ who gave me the idea of such indicator

Ben,

thank you for your answer but, it is an EMA of what series of data?

Mario

StoMAch

roter:
Ben,

thank you for your answer but, it is an EMA of what series of data?

Mario

Hi Roter,

Please refer to what MJ wrote in #27 of this thread for more info about this StoMAch indicator.

In other words, it is the EMA of the Stochastic series of data.

Rgds - Ben

ibadah:
Hi Roter,

Please refer to what MJ wrote in #27 of this thread for more info about this StoMAch indicator.

In other words, it is the EMA of the Stochastic series of data.

Rgds - Ben

Got it,

thank you Ben.

mario

Gmma

Just to let the people know that this thread was started for Guppy Multiple Moving Average with GMMA technique and indicators.

TRIX indicators

hada:
i guess good for non trending market

Hi Hada

Could you share with which settings do you use the TRIX indicators?

Thanx

I want an alert in the mtq4 when the 8 ema crosses the 51 ema(entry) and when the 8 ema crosses the 21 ema(exit).

Anyone please help, as i am not good in programing.

extern int ShortPeriod = 5;

extern int ShortPeriodMode = 1; //0=sma, 1=ema, 2=smma, 3=lwma

extern int BigPeriod = 50;

extern int BigPeriodMode = 1; //0=sma, 1=ema, 2=smma, 3=lwma

extern int ExitPeriod = 20;

extern int ExitPeriodMode = 1; //0=sma, 1=ema, 2=smma, 3=lwma

I got this, do i just change the 5 to 8 .

Will this give me an alert when the 8 ema crosses the 50 ema. And then when the 8 ema crosses the 20 or 21 ema?

What type of alert is it, popup, noise, email or what?

I got it, it rings a bell and another makes a signal in the chart.

Now only for the email alert

Reason: