CatFx50 - page 481

Everyone still having success with catfx system? I found that there is indeed a big correlation between EMA 50 and price. I made an alert which is EMA 50 and Laguerre if anyone is interested. I'm manually testing it right now. Backtest looked pretty good, too.

Pp

Lenny:
I use your PP indicator (+5 on the stup) and my PP is at 2150. Took that trade and made 18 pips. But that is not the point, Iwanted to know our PP are different?

Lenny,

Your SDX_TzPivot local time setting is set to "0" where as Harold uses local time "5". I believe the "0" setting is GMT and the "5" setting is east coast USA time -EST. It's just a matter of what time you want to use to calculate your pivots.

I use this webpage to check my pivot points. I have my local time set to "0" and I am usually within a pip or two of the pivot numbers on this website.

http://www.livecharts.co.uk/Members/display_currency_data.php

Dave

Thank you, Dave!

the site is fairly usefull since PP calculation is very confusing to me

Hi!

Well, mates, I think we do not need more recaps. CatFX50 gave money today again. Its followers know it and that's what count.

Congratulations to those that got some of the pips.

Today we had level 1, level 2 and level 4 trades.

Any system is easy to trade those days. But if we focus, have patience and discipline, we make it. Don't be greedy.

Nina

Useful site Dave, Thx. for posting it.

Hi All,

About Pivots:

I had wondered if anybody knows how to use Harold's adjustable pivot indicator?

I ask for your help with this because it's very confusing, let me explain:

I'm in California, my charting platform is on CET time, but my live platform is on USA EDT......what should I set Harold's pivot indicator to? I noticed it has settings for local and destination time. Does the destination time mean the market I'm trading in? What about when we are in both, the London and New York market, how do I compensate for that?

I know Harold says to set it to zone 5 and I would presume that means GMT -5, standard time for the East coast of the USA; but what happens when we are on Daylight Savings Time (right now), and then we are GMT -4, since we have moved forward 1 hour and GMT never changes?

Here are the websites I used for my investigation:

http://www.mataf.net/en/analysis-pivot_GMTm5.htm

http://www.forexinterbank.com/pivots.php

Using the above websites I discovered wide fluctuations in Pivot Point values, 15 - + pips in some cases, and If anybody would enlighten me on this I'd be grateful. Until then I'll just continue using FivoPivots3 because it doesn't use time.

Thank you!

moneyline

could someone post where the fibopivots 3 is? i only have 2. thanks. i did a search but came up with nothing.

jwoger:
could someone post where the fibopivots 3 is? i only have 2. thanks. i did a search but came up with nothing.

Hi jwoger, here you go:

Moneyline

Files:

Ok Concerning The Pivot Indicator I Set It To 5 We All Are Using Neuimex Platform I Presume So There Time Is Fixed The Reason I Set It To 5 Is This Will Calculate Pivots Based On Full Day 12 Midnight To 12 Midnight There Are Loads Of Schools Of Thought About What Time To Use Some Use 5 Pm Ny After Ny Closes Some Use Others I Have Found That Aday Is A Day 24 Hours From Midnight To Midnight And They Seem To Me To Work The Best Take A Look How Price Hits These Pivots And Bounce And You Will See That This Timeframe Works Pretty Good At Least For Me The Website Uses 8 Pm Est To Calculate Which Is 00 Gmt Time

OK Harold, these are the numbers I get:

When I set it to local time 5 I get price bouncing at about 1.2759 for EUR/USD, it goes there but there's no support line there, there's nothing there.

As soon as I change the local time to zero (0) it shows MS2 at 1.2761 and I know from checking other websites that that's near S2 for EUR/USD today. (1.2759)

moneyline

Reason: