CatFx50 - page 449

who here trades using FXCM and if so what are your comments on the broker. i am interested in them because of how they calculate their margin requirements. what i don't like about them is that every time you talk to them via the online chat, towards the end they try and sell you a training course. Comments please. i am thinking of using an NF demo account to call trades and place them in fxcm.

I use Capital Spreads but am planning on changing to either FX Solutions or FDD.

moneyline:
Hi shiningstar,

Congratulations on all your reading, I remember when I did the same thing...lots of work!

Using the 5 minute TF allows you to see if there is solid action. It will reflect if the breakout is all long candles or short ones...kind of gives you an idea of strength. I'm sure you can use the juice indicator too.

However, a level 4 is a breakout by any other name. It's called a "breakout" because price is going through an established line.

The easiest way to see if you have a breakout is to draw a line that includes the highest and lowest candles. If you'll notice, the price tends to travel up and down between that range. After watching it for some time, if you notice the price has gone through the baseline high or low, you might have a breakout.

moneyline

hi Moneyline,

This is really helpful! . You learned very fast and make great improvement. I will study harder

By the way, why no one add sound alert for this indicator--catfx50 v2mookfx.mq4 (i have attached)? The other indicator:"arrow head" has a sound alert with a window. How I wish I can add the sound alert to the cat indicator just like the one in the arrowhead. That way we will not lost any of the opportunity. I know nothin about programing. Just a thought.

Thanks again for all your great work!

Shiningstar

Files:

what a nice cat short

Hi,

I still not sure about the US time to use this system. .But this afternoon, I found a nice short on the EUR/USD this system is really fantastic!!

Now I am testing two excit method.

One is according to the cross of stoch(at the bottom of the chart). I remembered that someone had mationed this way before.

Another one is to see the color of the HMA(set at 23,3,0). When it changed color, I exit.

I will go on testing which is more reliable.

Wish we all make good pips in the future!

Shiningstar

Files:
eurusd_5.gif  21 kb

hi shing listen just keep the 2 step stoc anthe one other step that is joined together with the bars drop the bars so you have 3 step stocs it will simplifly your entrys the more indicators you have the more confusing it becomes because those are filters for entry but other ta is needed where are pivot points mm levels trendlines etc also trading times are 200 am est to 1200 pm or 800 gmt to 1800 gmt

harold4x:
hi shing listen just keep the 2 step stoc anthe one other step that is joined together with the bars drop the bars so you have 3 step stocs it will simplifly your entrys the more indicators you have the more confusing it becomes because those are filters for entry but other ta is needed where are pivot points mm levels trendlines etc also trading times are 200 am est to 1200 pm or 800 gmt to 1800 gmt

Hi Harold4x

Thanks very much for your reply. It is great that the US morning is included in the trading time . I am a lazzy girl and do not get up too early. I usually get up at around 8 am . So I still have chance

There are Shi-chanel on this chart the others are the 50 and 200 120 ema. The arrows are cat50.

I have a question. I know you only have the 3 step on your chart and you do not use the Hist.. one. How can you use the 0.04 and -0.04 level? I can hardly tell this without the hist.. indicator. Please advice Thanks

Shiningstar

i dont think it matters about those levels they are arbatrary if you have 3 steps cross thats a good enough filter for me aslo you need to use other ta trendlines pivot points etc dont trade blindly make sure there is room to make at least 20 pips when you get a signal or its not worth it

harold4x:
i dont think it matters about those levels they are arbatrary if you have 3 steps cross thats a good enough filter for me aslo you need to use other ta trendlines pivot points etc dont trade blindly make sure there is room to make at least 20 pips when you get a signal or its not worth it

I am sorry. I am a CHinese studying in the US and I do not know what the "ta" means in " use other ta trendlines "

Could you share with me what you use to determine the room to make pip?

Many thanks!

OK shiningstar,

Here is an indicator that sounds an alarm when price gets to the EMA50. I have not tested it. Once you install it go into the properties and adjust the EMA from 34 to 50...it should work.

BTW, if you don't like the standard MT4 alert, go into Tools --> Options --> events ...and change "alert.wav" to any other sound file you want, it can be a longer alert if you want, just name it "alert" (be sure to rename your old something else)

moneyline

shiningstar:
hi Moneyline,

This is really helpful! . You learned very fast and make great improvement. I will study harder

By the way, why no one add sound alert for this indicator--catfx50 v2mookfx.mq4 (i have attached)? The other indicator:"arrow head" has a sound alert with a window. How I wish I can add the sound alert to the cat indicator just like the one in the arrowhead. That way we will not lost any of the opportunity. I know nothin about programing. Just a thought.

Thanks again for all your great work!

Shiningstar
Files:

ta means technial analysis

Reason: