Goldwarrior EA - page 3

bmac:
Today for the ea i have 2 trades since yesterday open, i am using a 100 pip sl hope they both dont get hit, how is your statement going sada?

I will be updating my statements when the market closes on friday.

I have manually close 2 trades that hit around -100 pips on the IBFX platform and left untouch the alpari one.

I wonder if there is a way to improve the EA not to trade near/towards a resistance/support level. I think it would filter out some risky trades.

Sada

Here are the updated statements...

Sadaloma, what TP do you use? From your statement it looks like 20-30?

I only tested the expert for a day and a half with Neurex, and it ended on +72 EUR profit with 0.1 lots last Friday. I used the default TP 150 (too high) though some of the trades reached 100 pips then retreated. All of the trades are positive, all of them still open. A TP of 20-30 would have closed all of the four trades with a total of 100 pips profit for one day.

I'd like to continue the test this week so I'd like to hear what others testing Goldwarrior use as a reasonable TP target?

Lyubomir:
Sadaloma, what TP do you use? From your statement it looks like 20-30?

I only tested the expert for a day and a half with Neurex, and it ended on +72 EUR profit with 0.1 lots last Friday. I used the default TP 150 (too high) though some of the trades reached 100 pips then retreated. All of the trades are positive, all of them still open. A TP of 20-30 would have closed all of the four trades with a total of 100 pips profit for one day.

I'd like to continue the test this week so I'd like to hear what others testing Goldwarrior use as a reasonable TP target?

The TP is default at 150 pips.

The TP value doesn't matter with this EA. It's the "porog" value that will define your average TP (in amount of dollars, not in pips)

That is why when you put 0.1 lot, the EA will let the profit run until max 300. But when you put 1 lot or more, the EA will close the trade when the profit is around 300.

Sada

sadaloma:
The TP is default at 150 pips.

The TP value doesn't matter with this EA. It's the "porog" value that will define your average TP (in amount of dollars, not in pips)

That is why when you put 0.1 lot, the EA will let the profit run until max 300. But when you put 1 lot or more, the EA will close the trade when the profit is around 300.

Sada

Sadaloma,

I spoke with Tartan right now (he is author of zigzag system and all the EAs). He suggested not to test any Platinum or miniPlatimun EAs because they are very preliminary and having many bugs. He suggested to test the EA which you are testing now (Goldwarrior on M15) because he said that it is final one up to now.

newdigital:
Sadaloma, I spoke with Tartan right now (he is author of zigzag system and all the EAs). He suggested not to test any Platinum or miniPlatimun EAs because they are very preliminary and having many bugs. He suggested to test the EA which you are testing now (Goldwarrior on M15) because he said that it is final one up to now.

Too late... I just took the plane 2 days ago and left Miniplatinum1B running on Alpari at my residence. I will be back there in 3 days...we'll see what happens then...no harm done

Anyway, I have goldwarrior mt3 and mt4 version running too.

Sada

Back from the trip...

Here are the updates of my demo accounts running the 3 flavors of Warriors.

From next week onwards, I think I am going to put a 100 pips stop loss on the goldwarriors. I was waiting for the EA to close the losing trades automatically but to no avail.

Who has demo test goldwarriors with small stoploss? could you please post your statements for comparison?

MiniPlatinum01B looked really good on backtest but it was not meant to be, unfortunately. Newdigital said it was still in beta testing so no surprises here. Hopefully the final versions will come out soon.

Sada

Hi sadaloma, i'm trading real with MT4 and i wanted to ask about GW expert for MT4 you mentioned you are testing. Is it possible to post a link for it. I will be very grateful.

franco:
Hi sadaloma, i'm trading real with MT4 and i wanted to ask about GW expert for MT4 you mentioned you are testing. Is it possible to post a link for it. I will be very grateful.

I think he is testing this one on M15.

Anyway you may read the thread where all MT4 versions were posted just to understand what was done in this case.

franco:

Go here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173145

Use the Dayimpuls.mq4 for the indicator from the 1st post but please use the 2nd version of the goldwarrior2b.mq4 that was posted here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Sada

PS: Right now, Mt4 version is not performing as good as the Mt3...I will be posting updated statements by the end of the week.

Reason: