Trading Strategies Based On Digital Filters - page 76

someone know

....how calculate sigma of major amplitud,phase and period?thanks lot

regards,david

hello

i can aport something but i dont know what yours think..

Files:
indicators.rar  61 kb

corona

corona post

Files:
corona.rar  57 kb

Shall we re-focus our attention please?

Greetings fellow students of the FOREX realm,

It deeply saddens me when an esteemed learning environment such as the one containing this post is used as bickering ground. Many successful traders and students (myself included) owe their success to many brilliant contributors of this forum and frankly they should be treated with the utmost respect and admiration.

Continuing downhill with the behavior that has been bestowed upon this particular thread as of late is in direct contradiction of the spirit by which this forum has been founded upon and will most likely drive all the talents away to either other forums or to the private section (where new students do not have the luxury to follow).

I ask in the name of mutual interest to overlook all disputes and re-focus our efforts to studying the wonderful world of cycles for the benefit of those who wish to learn/teach.

SIMBA, I owe you a personal thank you for creating the Cycle_GJH4 indicator in collaboration with other talented contributors. I realize it may be an older form of your now improved system and that the indicator may have originally been designed specifically for the GBPJPY pair, but I have been using it on other pairs and instruments as of late with some good success.

My setup is quite simple, I use the Cycle_GJH4 indicator (which is available in this forum) on the H4 chart and also an MTF version (that I have humbly modified) for D1 time frame on the H4 chart. In addition, I use MACD and Triggerlines (an indicator that I have created in collaboration with a fellow trader). I simply trade the D1 trend and time my entry with MACD and the H4 cycle_GJH4 (nothing new, a mutli-timeframe setup).

I have attached an image that shows my setup. You will notice that on the D1 Chart the Cycle_GJH4 indicator (red line) is curved up with MACD confirming the upward cross. In addition the trigger lines are pointing up and are blue with good separation. In contrast, you notice that on the H4 chart the Cycle_GJH4 indicator is curved downwards (redline) with MACD experiencing a bearish trend. I am waiting for the retracement to occur on the 4H chart, supported by the bearish divergence, prior to picking up a few contracts when the main trend on the D1 timeframe continuous. Obviously this is my analysis of the situation as of this point and things might change as the market changes (for example, the divergence fails)

Note 1: The yellow line in the H4 chart is the MTF Cycle_GJH4

Note 2: The wonderful thing about your new and improved system is that it combines my trading method into a single indicator (by analyzing smaller and bigger cycles) and brilliantly forecasts the cycle into the future.

I look forward to further educational posts.

Regards,

Files:
gold_1.jpg  152 kb

Pip:

It deeply saddens me when an esteemed learning environment such as the one containing this post is used as bickering ground. Many successful traders and students (myself included) owe their success to many brilliant contributors of this forum and frankly they should be treated with the utmost respect and admiration.

Continuing downhill with the behavior that has been bestowed upon this particular thread as of late is in direct contradiction of the spirit by which this forum has been founded upon and will most likely drive all the talents away to either other forums or to the private section (where new students do not have the luxury to follow).

I ask in the name of mutual interest to overlook all disputes and re-focus our efforts to studying the wonderful world of cycles for the benefit of those who wish to learn/teach.

SIMBA, I owe you a personal thank you for creating the Cycle_GJH4 indicator in collaboration with other talented contributors. I realize it may be an older form of your now improved system and that the indicator may have originally been designed specifically for the GBPJPY pair, but I have been using it on other pairs and instruments as of late with some good success.

My setup is quite simple, I use the Cycle_GJH4 indicator (which is available in this forum) on the H4 chart and also an MTF version (that I have humbly modified) for D1 time frame on the H4 chart. In addition, I use MACD and Triggerlines (an indicator that I have created in collaboration with a fellow trader). I simply trade the D1 trend and time my entry with MACD and the H4 cycle_GJH4 (nothing new, a mutli-timeframe setup).

I have attached an image that shows my setup. You will notice that on the D1 Chart the Cycle_GJH4 indicator (red line) is curved up with MACD confirming the upward cross. In addition the trigger lines are pointing up and are blue with good separation. In contrast, you notice that on the H4 chart the Cycle_GJH4 indicator is curved downwards (redline) with MACD experiencing a bearish trend. I am waiting for the retracement to occur on the 4H chart, supported by the bearish divergence, prior to picking up a few contracts when the main trend on the D1 timeframe continuous. Obviously this is my analysis of the situation as of this point and things might change as the market changes (for example, the divergence fails)

Note 2: The wonderful thing about your new and improved system is that it combines my trading method into a single indicator (by analyzing smaller and bigger cycles) and brilliantly forecasts the cycle into the future.

Regards,

pip i send you a private

Pip:

Regards,

Now there is a post that shows respect. Also shows that this person has taken the time to read the thread and understand what's there.

I commend you on this!!!!!

Jim

Hmmm...

So, is this where the action is?

Hmm. No, I guess not.

Carl

Excuseme...

Cycle_GJH4 is not good...lagging...how anyone would be so happyinyourpants to use it?...I want goetzler crodzilla for testing....if it's as good as Cycle_GJH4...then I will wash my hands

Thanks

Pip:

Regards,

PIP,

Thanks for your kind comments,I have received similar comments by other members of this forum,and,like you,a few of them have posted their improvements,mods,suggestions here....BTW...Do my cycle repaints?

PS:Before sending a PM to Loss trader,ask for crodzilla`s opinion

Crodzilla:This is still the place were the meat is cooked,some people post something,and other people find it helpful,and improve on it..then the vultures come and they don`t like the bones(they don`t understand the tools),so,we make fun of their desperation....It is a pity,but,this is how this forum is structured,probably polemics get an increase in traffic.

S

SIMBA:

....BTW...Do my cycle repaints?

S

SIMBA,

You are quite welcome.

To address your question above, the indicator does not repaint at all which mainly why I use it. The indicator does however go out of phase every so often and I believe this is normal for this type of analysis. This is particularly why I use the Triggerlines and MACD to confirm the trend. If the Triggerlines and the MACD along with Cycle_GJH4 are not saying the same story I don't take the trade.

On another front, I have messed around with various MA based on centered MA's (Hurst), but most repaint due to the half cycle delimma. Other third-party software such Channalyze and Cycle Trends experienced the same issue with their own analyses for cycle forecasting, which renders them practicaly useless (personal opinion).

One way i found to bypass the repainting problem in Centered MA's is to use a LWMA based on median price and half cycle of the CMA with a shift of two bars in the past. You will get almost exact same bahavior as a centered MA but with the two bars lag.

I am still experimenting with the technique described above and will attempt to incorprate it in my strategy. This would serve as an excellent indication of price direction when coupled with the cycle indicator.

For a better visualization, i have attached a screen shot similar to the one i posted previously with the centered MA (Yellow) plus a LWMA (Aqua) for comparison and removed the triggerlines.

Cheers,

Files:
Reason: