Step indicators - page 15

It is possible to get very good cross with multiple StepMAs' with different deviations .

Files:
cross.jpg  15 kb

mystified:
It is possible to get very good cross with multiple StepMAs' with different deviations .

I have tried with multiple deviations but ultimately i had to make a decision with one cross.

Go with your best settings and stick with it no matter what....StepMA for me is the best one out there...with my trading live it had a winning percent of above 70 to 80 but where i fail is my own mistake for not trusting my own system well enough..even after three years of trading damm...you can use some filters to enter and exit but the main signal should be always from StepMA.

Good Luck

Here is another way to use step ma.Like Jurik Keltner grid example.

Have a look how much smooth and precise is the cross .I have seen this smoothness and precision only in repainting

moving averages(centered and fourier type moving averages).

Can someone please modify the attached indicator so it plots it's entire history and not just the last 500 bars? (but always uses the last 500 bars to calculate)?
Here you go ....

Attached Files

File Type: mq4 Hist_StepMA_Stoch_KV1_Ex_03-All-bars.mq4

problem with attached indicator is that when I plot it to 10000 bars for example, it uses 10000 bars to calculate and so doesn't have the same results that if uses 500 bars

it must have 2 variables:

1. number of bars to calculate

2. history bars

How does step indicator works

Hello:

I am in in forex and also new in this forum. Trying to learn different things about trading.

Could any kindly give an brief introduction about how to use Step indicators to trade? it seems that there are quite a few step indicators, but not clear how to apply them. Particularly StepMA mentioned extensively on this forum.

Thanks in advance.

Best

Linsher

MTF Step RSI

Hi, I have looked high and low for a MTF Step RSI and have had no luck. Anyone know if there is one floating around. Thanx in advance

step RSI MTF...details

I found it over at multi time frame, thanx. BTW I am interested in understanding exactly how the step smoothing works. Are there any threads covering the math and logic behind the step proccess? Who is the author of this methodology. Thanx again.

thanks for all

stepsto very usefull for swing trade & u can take more frofits

thanks agine

Here is a pic of the StepMA 7.2 that I am using I am using a 50 and 100 setting with 1.0 Crossover system. Is anyone else using it this way? I think this is a great trend following indicator. Does anyone else have any other setting that might work better?

Files:
chart.gif  20 kb
Reason: