Step indicators - page 21

mladen:
Repainting in almost all step ma 7.2 indicators (except in some versions corrected by mrtools or me) does not depend on step size or periods or anything similar. It depends on the way it is coded. And step ma version 7.2 is not coded the way how non-repainting indicators should be coded. There is no other reason regardless of the step size, period or any parameter, it will repaint in specific situations

Hi again mladen, I am really sorry to be a pain in the proverbial butt

I have found an indicator which suits my strategy adequately and as an added bonus it frees up the chart as it is in a separate window! It is the StepChartTrend_v2 nmc.However it does not have alert options. If I may trouble you once more to implement that option, please. I have noticed that most of newer indicators written or modded by you have a very neat set of options: alertsOn, alertsOnCurrentBar, AlertsMessage/Sound/Email. That set of options in this indicator would make it absolutely awesome for a very effective yet simple system.

My set up is quite simple, I use Step3D_v3 on chart & StepChartTrend_v2 nmc in separate window. I have disabled fast and medium lines on chart and use the slow big step line for sl when following the trend, moving it to a few pips above/below the last step of the line and adding positions on the break of the previous hi/lo if/when trend continues. That way I squeeze the most pips out of a trend.

Anyways, if you could please take a look at this, I shall be forever grateful Many thanks in advance and kind regards.

secretcode:
StepMa_v9 indicator, updated version

Coder Igorad

Code-

this indicator will not display on my chart, pls help and also make a histo version of it

drunkpips:
this indicator will not display on my chart, pls help and also make a histo version of it

Version that will work with new builds : stepma_v9_nmc.mq4

Files:

^^^ thanks but pls add histo or arrow option of it, its more visible .

thanks

drunkpips:
^^^ thanks but pls add histo or arrow option of it, its more visible . thanks

drunkpips

Histogram version can be downloaded from here : Forex TSD - forex forum - Download StepMA 9 histo MTF.mq4

^^^ thanks for the histo version but pls i need 2 favours:

1, pls code a version with arrows or vertical lines

2, kindly add alert to the stepma colour v2

TIA

TIA

drunkpips:

TIA

drunkpips

Use version 9. All previous versions of step ma can and will repaint. Also, in version 9 you already have alerts

the alerts am talking of is for the stepma_colour_v2. not for the version stepma 9 histo mtf

mladen:
Updated StepMa V9 : stepma_v9_nmc.mq4 Originally it was posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173044/page11

If maybe, plz code the arrow signals. Thank you!

Reason: