Step indicators - page 17

arrow for stepMa_v7.2

mrtools:
Added auto digit calculation for brokers with extra digits, not totally sure but this could be the problem.

Hello, sorry for my poor English. I am using this page STEPMA_V7.2 indicator. I would like to ask a fellow programmer, if I could put in place of the line drawn, in each color change put an arrow. thank you very much

xlsander:
I have a problem with the Step MA -- I have run this with one broker and it was all fine and then switched brokers and suddenly the MA shows completely different although the SAME settings - I can switch within the same MT4 from one acc at one broker to the other acc at the other broker and the settings of the StepMA remain identical but show HUGE difference - although the chart and pricing looks pretty identical too!a and the new broker tells me they have no specific settings for the indicator to not work or work "wrong" anyone an idea please? or can refer to someone who would know?

Added auto digit calculation for brokers with extra digits, not totally sure but this could be the problem.

Files:

StepMa_v2.7a repaints colour and changes buffer values after close of Bar

Hi,

This concerns the use of StepMa_v2.7a.

I haven't looked into the code yet, but noticed a peculiar thing:

the indicator repaints the color of the closed bar relative to the color the current bar is getting. When it is red, the closed bar's color turns red, and vv.

That makes the past look too good (e.g. you have all little zigzag whipsaw from bar to bar, they stay in the color they are having, while in reality they first have a different color).

I stored the values of the first 3 indic buffers with an EA over several bars (with shift = 1 in the current bar) and indeed the values change for the closed bar.

The line itself doesn't change.

As in the picture below, all the little sawtooth red "up"-lines first were green (and indeed not while the bar was forming, but after the bar had closed)

Files:

StepMa_v9 indicator, updated version

Coder Igorad

Code-

extern int TimeFrame = 0; //TimeFrame in min

extern int Price = 0; //Apply to Price(0-Close;1-Open;2-High;3-Low;4-Median;5-Typical;6-Weighted)

extern int Length = 5; //Length of evaluation

extern double StepSize = 0; //Step Size in pips

extern double Multiplier = 2; //Volatility's Factor or Multiplier

extern double MinStep = 0; //Min Step in pips

extern int Displace = 0; //DispLace or Shift in bars

extern int ColorMode = 0; //Color mode: 0-off,1-on

extern int StepMAMode = 0; //StepMA Mode: 0-new,1-old

extern string alerts = "--- Alerts & E-Mails ---";

extern int AlertMode = 0; //Alert mode: 0-off,1-on

extern int SoundsNumber = 5; //Number of sounds after Signal

extern int SoundsPause = 5; //Pause in sec between sounds

extern string UpSound = "alert.wav";

extern string DnSound = "alert2.wav";

extern int EmailMode = 0; //0-on,1-off

extern int EmailsNumber = 1; //0-on,1-off
Files:
step.png  46 kb
stepma_v9.mq4  13 kb

Dear Mr Tools,

Could you Please Make StepMA_V72a in Histo Version

Sorry I am newbie and Best Regards

hina:
Dear Mr Tools,

Could you Please Make StepMA_V72a in Histo Version

Sorry I am newbie and Best Regards

Hello Hina,

Got it partially working seems to work correctly on modes 1 and 2 but mode 3 only showing 2 colors instead of 3, also as the on chart indicator the color mode will have to be greater than zero, otherwise the histo will only show one color.

Dear Mr Tools,

Thank you very much for very quick reply

Step chart channel

stepchartchannel_v2.mq4

Updated StepMa V9 : stepma_v9_nmc.mq4

Originally it was posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173044/page11

Files:
step_ma.gif  67 kb

Updated step chart trend indicator : stepcharttrend_v2_nmc.mq4

Originally it was posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173044/page11