Step indicators - page 11

StepMa V.7.2 alarms

Hello all.

First.....a big thanks to Igorad for his great work on these indicators.

I have a question.....

I am looking at a trade strategy utilizing two StepMa's with customized settings.

What I am wondering is if there is a way to set an alarm to indicate a crossing of these two StepMa's. I have found Crossover alarms for regular MA's but have not seen anything for the StepMa.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks.........

Brunite

claypot:
Have been playing around with the settings and came up this, maybe could be used to trade with other confirming indicators. Trade when Steps cross, any suggestions?

Yes....there is quite a lot of potential in this idea. I have been tinkering with these for several months now and have come up with some pretty good optimized settings for different TF's.

I had posted a request, a while back, as to whether or not anyone could create an alert for when the 2 STEPMA's crossed. One member offered to help with this recently but I have been busy trading a different method. (I need to get something together and forward it to him.)

In the mean time......is anyone else out there using or interested in an alert/alarm that would indicate when 2 separate StepMA's cross?....there is potential here!

Very nice Claypot,

Can you tell us wich version of stepma do you use and what's your settings please ?

Thanks

settings

I'm using stepMA_v6.4 setting are

length 10

kv 0.7

the rest default and StepMA_v7.2 setting are

Length 50

kv 0.7

step size 7

the rest default

I suppose you can use the same versions I don't think it would matter, I'm still mucking about with the setting to twink it a bit more hmmm. I'm pretty sure the hama pad v2 system uses steps.

Cheers.

thanks for yur kindness claypot.

hi claypot,

the picture below is what i get using yur setting...not same...can u give yur template please.

thanks.

StepMA cross

Have been playing around with the settings and came up this, maybe could be used to trade with other confirming indicators. Trade when Steps cross, any suggestions?

Hello

anyone has the step-momentum with alert?

It will be a great indicator i think

thanks

regards!

Looking for StepMa Stoch with EMAIL alert...

Can anyone program StepMA_Stoch with EMAIL alert feature?

This would be a GREAT feature.

Thanks

JoeC

I'm trying to code an alert for when price is above step and the alert goes on when it comes down and touches StepMA_v7.2

I tried this:

stepma=iCustom(NULL,0,"SteMA_v7.2",10,1.4,20,0,0,0,0,0,0);

if (stepma>=PRICE_CLOSE)

maval=1;

else

maval= 0;

But I get signal for all bars...

Any hints? Am I not using iCustom correctly with all the stepma_v7.2 parameters?

Reason: