Step indicators - page 22

linhchiter:
If maybe, plz code the arrow signals. Thank you!

linhchiter

Arrows would be at the same place where the color changes

mladen:
linhchiter Arrows would be at the same place where the color changes

Is there a step indicator with divergence signal

if not, can someone please see if its worth making one.

also is there a best divergence method

what is the best divergence indicator signal in your opinion

TYIA

may i know what is the best way to calculate the "step"?

Looking for a MT4 stair step priceline indicator. Download or link appreciated. Sierra chart example below.

Thanks in advance.

Files:
ss-1.png  5 kb

Phylo:
Looking for a MT4 stair step priceline indicator. Download or link appreciated. Sierra chart example below.

Thanks in advance.

mmmh...first thing that came in my mind...did you try this? It's step ma 9 e price in background, what do you think about it?

Files:
cattura.jpg  102 kb

thefxpros - yes I have*, thanks - should have mentioned in original post.

* It's not suitable and does not meet requirements. Thought I could doctor the code as its similar but its beyond me at present.

You have quite a few at this thread

nbtrading:
You have quite a few at this thread

Thanks for the heads up. All appear variations of a theme *. While I'm fairly capable within the limits of a novice coder on a need to know basis of putting 2 & 2 together - (mql5.com/en/users/file45/publications) ** - the available code will take some time to figure out if it can be morphed to meet requirements.

* The sierra chart image is a priceline at close. It's not a MA.

While

double line = iMA(NULL,0,1,0,0,0,0);

will duplicate a priceline at close the stair step arrangement presents a more complex solutiuon.

** I owe a thanks to mladen for help on code of first indicator in 2012 which was a huge boost in furthering on a need to know basis 2 & 2 = 4 or something workable.

mladen:
Re: Step indicators

Updated StepMa V9 : stepma_v9_nmc.mq4

Originally it was posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173044/page11

Mladen

How is StepMa V9 '' new'' calculated?I see atr calculations ,how is atr calculated in StepMa V9 '' new'' version?Then I see step size but then it has norelevancein the StepMa V9 '' new'' version.Can you explain?

nevar:

Mladen

How is StepMa V9 '' new'' calculated?I see atr calculations ,how is atr calculated in StepMa V9 '' new'' version?Then I see step size but then it has norelevancein the StepMa V9 '' new'' version.Can you explain?

nevar

Which one is the StepMA V9 "new"?

As far as the V9 version , the calculation is the same as before : steps are determined buy the step size points.

Reason: