Step indicators - page 6

Hi,

Good time to make updating the StepMA.

Now you can move line up and down by changing percentage value.

Igor

Files:

Hey Igorad,

I think this StepMA_v6.3 is a great indicator. But it behave strange...

When I put it on the chart, and BarsNumber is 0 (default), and then when I exit MetaTrader (or StrategyBuilder), and then again I start it, I get No Connection. Very strange. I have to change BarsNumber to 1000 or so, restart MT and then everything works normal.

I was without connection today and yesterday, I thought there was a server problem, but since nobody on the forums complains about no connection, I started to look for the cause here on my platform. And I found that default profile (without any custom indicators) works, but when i put StepMA_v6.3 on it - dead connection...

Hi,

I have made small code changes.

I think, that it should be better.

Igor

Files:

That is a MT188 update problem.

Had the problem with other indicators,too. ( Working bevor updating MT )

Thanks Igorad for new version!

But it still doesn't work. Very very strange. If BarsNumber is grater than around 9875, then it won't connect after MT restart. Anyway, thanks again for your efforts!

Yes, it can be MT v188 issue. Lets wait if MetaQuotes will fix it.

beerhunter:
Thanks Igorad for new version!

But it still doesn't work. Very very strange. If BarsNumber is grater than around 9875, then it won't connect after MT restart. Anyway, thanks again for your efforts!

Yes, it can be MT v188 issue. Lets wait if MetaQuotes will fix it.

Hi beerhunter,

Try so:

1. Load the indicator with NumBars=0;

2. In the left top corner you will see StepSize =...

3. Enter in initial data received StepSize and now you can reduce NumBars, for example, enter 300.

Answer me if it will help.

Igor

Hi Igor,

yes, it helps. I was experimenting with StepSize before and I found that your "little trick" works, however I wasn't sure if MA is displayed properly, because when I change nr. of bars, Stepsize changes also.

Well, the problem is solved now, but i still wonder how can an indicator prevent MT to connect to the servers?

And thanks again!

beerhunter:
Hi Igor,

yes, it helps. I was experimenting with StepSize before and I found that your "little trick" works, however I wasn't sure if MA is displayed properly, because when I change nr. of bars, Stepsize changes also.

Well, the problem is solved now, but i still wonder how can an indicator prevent MT to connect to the servers?

And thanks again!

Did you enter received StepSize?

If you do this StepSize will be constant.

Igor

Hi Igor,

yes I did entered received StepSize. It works great now. Thanks again!

What IS StepMA...?

I have seen many posts here about the "Step" Indicators. I would like to code this indicator / indicators for Metastock. I would like to backtest the CatFX system on another platform that I am comfortable with. I am not versed in MQL. Would someone be so kind as to explain exactly what the ideas are behind these indicators so that they can be translated into another code? I have the mql files, but being unable to interpret them is impossible. I have had this same problem with a number of indicators posted on these forums, nobody seems willing or able to explain what they ARE. Thanks to anyone in advance.

Reason: