Basic questions ... - page 4

Michel:
This seems wrong:
IND2_line1 = iIND2_line1(NULL,0,0,MODE_MAIN,0);

IND2_line2 = iIND2_line2(NULL,0,0,MODE_SIGNAL,0);[/CODE]

Where are such functions ?
Ok, my IND2 has 2 lines crossing one another at some time. As per MQL4 documentation for that particular indicator, [CODE]double iIND2( string symbol, int timeframe, int period, int mode, int shift)

This way,

string symbolis NULL for the current symbol;

int timeframeis 0 for current timeframe;

int periodis 0 b/c I don't need anything to be calculated, they simply have to be crossing one another;

int modeis MODE_MAIN b/c that indicator has both MAIN and SIGNAL modes;

int shiftis 0 for the phase shift b/c I don't need to be looking at any previous value of that indicator.

What seems wrong?

When I backtest my EA, it gives out error message

2008.01.25 19:39:02 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (high value 1.4674 at 2008.01.24 11:23 and price 1.4675 mismatched)[/CODE]and [CODE]2008.01.25 19:49:30 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 85 at 2008.01.17 22:45 exceeded)

Also, how to I specify closure of the order when the TP is reached? Logically, TP = close and take profit, but I'm not sure.

Time Function -- HELP

I use a EA on 5M time frame, i would like to change the time to make the OPEN ORDER... i have to much trade in the same time( on multiple curency, on the same account)..... like .....add 30 or 60 seconde after the 5 Minute bar

Here is the part of the EA.... i think.... need to be change

datetime LastMinute;

int LongTrades=0;

int ShortTrades=0;

double LastBuyPrice=0;

double LastSellPrice=0;

[/PHP]

and this part

[PHP] if(LastMinute!=Time[0]) {

THAnKS for your HELP

Can I vary the lot size for consecutive sell or buy orders ?

Hi,

Can I vary the lot size for consecutive sell or buy orders ?

Let us say first short order with 0.3 , second short 0.2 and third cosecutive short order with 0.1lot size. Same for long orders.

Regards,

SIDDESH

my First EA, the start() Function will not be called....

i build in the function Alert() in init("init") + deinit("deinit") + start("start")

init + deinit its ok but start() will not called.

not called in Backtesting to

in Parameters i selected "Allow Life trading"

i dont understand what is wrong

thanks for your helb

Thomas

Unbelievable

So much for a 50000+ community...

bdht:
So much for a 50000+ community...

Maybe you should read over your question(?) again - you could actually look at it as a rhetorical post!

Anyway, the error are caused by price mis-matches between different timeframes - not really a problem unless you get loads of these. To get rid of them you would need to delete and re-generate the pairs that give problems, via the History center. Your TP question makes no sense.

Code for trading only specific pairs only?

Newdigital or anyone else:

I have an EA that says: "Trades Authorized On EURUSD Only!" on chart comment.

How can I get it to trade on other pairs? How do I change the code in EA to trade on other paris?

Thanks in advance!

I moved your post to this thread where this subject was discussed. Check from the beginning of this thread.

EDIT: Never mind i have figured it out...

Files:
Reason: