Brainwashing. Trades: manually and using EAs - page 11

After the one month testing almost all the versions of this Brainwashing EA I am still thinking about it.

I just found this Filter_AO.mq4 indicator and may be we may use it for Brainwashing 1b version.

Files:
filter_ao.mq4  3 kb

newdigital:
After the one month testing almost all the versions of this Brainwashing EA I am still thinking about it. I just found this Filter_AO.mq4 indicator and may be we may use it for Brainwashing 1b version.

Hi, Newdigital

Amongst all versions, which one you think is the best?

Best regards,

Race

Race:
Hi, Newdigital

Best regards,

Race

I do not know.

One month forward testing is not enough.

Besides, We can not estimate the right settings for Brainwashing 1d.

Race:
Hi, Newdigital

Best regards,

Race

This Brainwashing system is very good experience for me. Why? Because I understand now what it means: market is changing.

What does it mean?

For example, we estimated some system with some indicators and decided that when one indicator is showing the buy and other indicators are confirming it and so on. And we start to trade. It means we found the correlation between the market and some indicators. Right? Right.

How long it will be? One month, two month, forever?

If we agree that market is changing so we know that we estimated the rules for some period of time only. It means that the system (any system) will work for some period of time only. It is nothing with system. Market is changing.

What does it mean "This Brainwashing system is very good experience for me"? Because I understand that it is valid (market is changing) for the all trading systems.

During the testing of this Brainwashing I am not estimating the i_Trend level once per week. Because we want to prove this suggestion. But we should estimate the i_Trend indicator level periodically (because the market changes). And this system is good to trade manually even on M15 timeframe if we estimate the i_Trend level periodically. We should do it regularly to get new i_Trend level (because the market changes).

I think the next step to improve this EA is to code something for EA to estimate this levels automatically inside EA (self-estimating let's say).

newdigital:
This Brainwashing system is very good experience for me. Why? Because I understand now what it means: market is changing.

What does it mean?

For example, we estimated some system with some indicators and decided that when one indicator is showing the buy and other indicators are confirming it and so on. And we start to trade. It means we found the correlation between the market and some indicators. Right? Right.

How long it will be? One month, two month, forever?

If we agree that market is changing so we know that we estimated the rules for some period of time only. It means that the system (any system) will work for some period of time only. It is nothing with system. Market is changing.

What does it mean "This Brainwashing system is very good experience for me"? Because I understand that it is valid (market is changing) for the all trading systems.

During the testing of this Brainwashing I am not estimating the i_Trend level once per week. Because we want to prove this suggestion. But we should estimate the i_Trend indicator level periodically (because the market changes). And this system is good to trade manually even on M15 timeframe if we estimate the i_Trend level periodically. We should do it regularly to get new i_Trend level (because the market changes).

I think the next step to improve this EA is to code something for EA to estimate this levels automatically inside EA (self-estimating let's say).

You mentioned that BW system is very good to you. I want to know which version you are using now? Also, you mentioned that i_Trend level should be changed periodically. How can I get the paramenter? It is because I do not know how to calculate it. Lastly, am i correct to change parameter there image attached? Sorry to have so many questions.

Files:
bw.jpg  34 kb

I am trying to use many indicators as a filter from yesterday evening till now.

I recognized that it is the problem not for this particular trading system only. It is the problem for all signal systems posted in our forum here

I found two ways. The first is the standard one. Standard DeMark indicator. But the problem to use this Demark in our system is that default settings of DeMark indicator does not work in our case: it is necessary to use different settings of indicator, for our system especially.

And you are right. An other way is the Trend indicators. There are several iTrend indicators. If you are talking about iTrend indicator so look on the image. The standatd value to avoid trading is 0.0015. It means if the value of the indicator is between plus 0.0015 and minus 0.0015 we are not trading. We do not trade between + 0.0015 and -0.0015. This value is very sensitive: some people say that if we have +0.0017 and -0.0017 so we may trade not very aften but we may avoid any risk. Thus, the parameter of this indicator is the risk.

Files:
trend1.gif  11 kb
itrend.mq4  4 kb

The iTrend indicator may be used in this system and for other signal systems as well.

If some people like to trade manually they may use i_Trend indicator. It is the same indicator with iTrend but have visualization easy to trade manually.

See image.

Files:
trend2.gif  14 kb
i_trend.mq4  4 kb

newdigital:
The iTrend indicator may be used in this system and for other signal systems as well.

If some people like to trade manually they may use i_Trend indicator. It is the same indicator with iTrend but have visualization easy to trade manually.

See image.

Ok, so no trend = near to 0?

Thus, if the value of iTrend indicator is less than 0.0015 we are not trading. It means the following:

- we have the signal to buy. If we use 1 bar (OnlyEnterOnFullBars is true) we must have the DarkKhaki color line more than 0.0015 on the bar next to the signal. In this case we buy.

- we have sell signal. For the 1 bar calculation we will really sell (EA will sell) if the Red line of the iTrend indicator is more than 0.0015 (on the next to the signal bar - if OnlyEnterOnFullBars is true).

Any other signals must be irnored. If we will use more than 0.0015 (0.0018 for example) we will trade with more minor risk but will have just a few trades.

Files:
trend3.gif  14 kb

And i found the coefficient which may be usefull with this iTrend indicator. The value is 0.283.

It means if we have maximum of this indicator as 0.0143 we may multiply by 0.283 (it is about 0.004) and will draw the line on the level of 0.004. See image. Problem is that I will do it all the time because we have the different maximums in the different timeframe, pairs, time of the day etc.

I will try to trade manually using this system.

Files:
bt_fil.gif  12 kb
Reason: