Trend indicators - page 19

thanx

gorangel:
The indicator REPAINTS, but here you go:

thanx gorangel but can u plz attach the mq4 instead of the ex4...

i dont think it repaints because once the candle closes, the arrow s fixed n i hav been checking it for a while now...

it only repaints if the candle changes price before closing...

u can check it n let me know...

many thanx

He posted it a couple of posts ago (at the previous page) , so you can download it there

And yes, it repaints as a trooper, and there is no limit in how many bars it can repaint. "Repainting" is a term used for badly coded stuff, and solar wind is just and only that : badly coded conversion of Ehlers fisher transform ...

doody:
thanx gorangel but can u plz attach the mq4 instead of the ex4...

i dont think it repaints because once the candle closes, the arrow s fixed n i hav been checking it for a while now...

it only repaints if the candle changes price before closing...

u can check it n let me know...

many thanx

xx3xxx

Yes it repaints badly.

But don't take my word or Mladen's for granted. Check for yourself

Anyway the ex4 again

Files:
trend_1.ex4  4 kb
repaint.jpg  98 kb

sorry to bother u but..........

gorangel:
xx3xxx

Yes it repaints badly.

But don't take my word or Mladen's for granted. Check for yourself

Anyway the ex4 again

sorry gorangel, can u plz explain more.... i mean wut do u mean by it repaints?

sorry to bother but i really hope u explain to me dude...

i have been trading with it on different timeframes and it gave realy good results..

can u plz tell me about indicators that do not repaint...

happy trading day

Repaint

Well you don't want to experience the frustration of repainting indicators, many times I think I have the 'holy grail' of signals only to get flipped in & out of positions. The 'better' an indicator looks, the more I suspect it repaints .

There are two types of repainting:

Value repainting : the indicator changes value(s) of any bar index greater than 0 (regardless of what the intention/purpose of use is for). Examples : Zigzag, Super signal,solar wind etc

Color repainting : the indicator doesn't change any past value. But may change its past color.

Non-repainting indicator will have value (and/or color) on any closed bar FIXED.

Check this How to determine if an indicator is suitable for Expert Advisors | MQLsoft - [mql, programming, programmer, service, coding, mql4, ea, forex, trading, automated, metatrader, indicator, expert advisor, ea, strategy, ea programming, robot, custom indic

Hi mladen,

thanks for the RS_Rank Indicator.

Regards

derumuro

hey gorangel

when u wer sayin about the repaint indicator, were u on about the indicator that i attached or about xx3xxx??

thanks -- gorangel

this ex4 work, sorry to ask for such a simple task -- gimme the ex4 (don't wanna to install 2nd MT4 , for just the conversion)

first, if I got the compiler, sometime I do programming

I will adjust the parameter (none available now-- INPUTS) to have a bigger number and make it become adjustable as an input -- that is a bad bad habit, just like when a baby without a candy, you make a bet by giving the baby(broker) a lolly pop

----

it is because the signal on my 30M euraud, is far too early

just like some of the 777 template, when it beep a lot , then I tend to bet once -- esp if I have no TRANSACTION on my demo account

---

there is no holy grail, if there is, people won't tell you and let you have the method, simple as that --

we have to look at ourself(habit) carefully and our habit too if we lost more than HALF the transaction --

and real account could be 10 % harder than demo , I guess (when the broker got some intervention, either you lost big or win big)

===

solution could be , see this dig

then that evening, it becomes

see the rectangle and forget the approaching of zero-mid-line

I am going to THROW AWAY trend.ex4 -- as never seen an indicator as rubbish as this one

of course, if it REPAINTS badly, this will look good on my chart -- but if it repaints every ticks, we may have to THROW IT Away too, after 2 weeks of trying

if it give a U-turn signal (swing could be in our head mindset for the wrong reason) as traders like sustainable tendency so they could double or triple their bet on their already winning positions

====

possible reason :

you trade the wrong pair, I don't do eur/usd , it is the easier pair to HEDGE succesfully

I like cross -currency pairs

even if an indicator only give 2 to 3 signal for entry per month -- as long as it never be wrong -- that will be a good one

too frequent or day trading is another mistake -- why we have to close everything same day -- it is not 1-day rental wife anyway; however, holding a trans more than 2 weeks is stupid too

you just have to draw a triangle (if you assume it will swing to alter the direction) then wait for at least 3 to 5 hours to find a good price to enter, you ca have 100 pip SL , so it won't hit the SL

I put the indicator with some other indicator that got no serious repaint issue, so I group similar indicator or I find some indicator that is PREDICTION type

every signal, we should really wait for 2 hours before enter (a better price will be find in this period and we could have a clear mind to see whether the swing direction does hold as the market need about 90 min to react with a big candle drawn)

if you are not using H1 or 30M , some people like the behavior of H2 too in offline charting

-----

just try it, historical swing is rubbish (does not tell the accuracy) ; only through trial and error, when the market condition is right, we pick a pair that is less volatile and fluctuating , then it is good

actually eur/aud is not that good, quite volatile thesedays (summer this year, euraud is better)

I think GBP/aud is quite good -- while cad/chf is tough one (not as pretty / easy as it historical data suggest)

we could always upload our screen capture, (indicate where we buy / sell) here, for people to comment on an indicator and also put a diary here -- there are many screen capture software (free) available, my screen capture is all JPG, about 160K in size

=== if you want to see how good is your trained eye on NEXT-LEG movement

in the search of forex-tsd, search for <> , and you can be JUDGEMENTAL about it

@Doody

I'm sorry but you didn't upload any indicator.. , i was talking about the one I had uploaded (trend)

@xx3xxx

No problem.

Thanks for your advice.

gorangel:
@Doody

I'm sorry but you didn't upload any indicator.. , i was talking about the one I had uploaded (trend)

@xx3xxx

No problem.

Thanks for your advice.

its ok buddy... i just got confused cuz i have added an indicator just b4 that and u came up sayin tht it repaints lol...

happy trading day

Reason: