Zigzag indicators - page 26

have not seen your indicator screen capture

but most waves are not constant

waves that really constant are during consolidation time in 5M charts

did you trade with that -- with daily constant success ?? i.e. any practice that proven it is good ?

?

what yellow numbers mean?

Percentage Reversal ZigZag Indicator

Could anyone help to post the Percentage Reversal ZigZag Indicator here, please?

After searching the Zigzag Indicator thread,I have seen the complex version on this attachment https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/65/ang_azz-fx-col-txt.mq4

But I just want a smiple version which I can edit it and intergate with my script.

Hope you could help! Thankyou!!

Sound Alert for Zig and Zag

Hi can anyone help me with a sound alert every time a arrow apears with this indicator? zigandzag.mq4

Files:
zigandzag.mq4  16 kb

Some help needed on igorad's indicator

Dear people,

even though this is a quite old thread the information provided is wonderful! Therefore, as I took it from here, I hope there is still somebody around (perhaps Igorad himself) so kind to provide some explanation.

I am using in the moment Mighty Igorad's ang_AZZ-fx-col-txt_v1.mq4 indicator, that I downloaded from here or from a link referred to in this thread (sorry... I lost the "right" path...).

The, indicator, in my view, is excellent, and I use it with 25 points setting on several 15-min charts.

I have some problems and some questions:

1. Sometimes (see picture 1, EURUSD) it seems that some zig-zag rays are skipped. Why? How? Is it normal or a bug?

2. Sometimes consecutive rays have the same color (e.g. red). What I understood so far is that "up" rays are blue, "down" rays are red and yellow rays (that I observed just in real-time, on the last bars) mean that the direction is still temporary and can change with more price action coming in. Is this interpretation correct? Then, how can happen that three consecutive red rays are produced (see picture 2, GBPJPY)?

The questions would be very simple to produce, and probably quite hard to answer:

A. Is it possible that some mighty programming guru (I make my best, but I am far from being a profi) explains in "plain English" how the algorithm works? I spent quite a lot of time with Igorad's PERFECT code (but, , not so much commented), and I cannot really come to an end. It would be nice understanding when exactly the zig-zag direction is changed and an edge fixed. This for including this logic in some trading strategy

B. For building scripts and ea's (e.g. I would be interested in making a script outputting in a text file the swing points of an historical series, given some indicator's parameters) it would be nice knowing exactly in which buffer the "edge points" (and eventually the direction) are recorded.

If somebody is so kind to help: a BIG THANK YOU in advance!

In any case (also if nobody shows up): Thanks a lot Igorad! .

Bye

F

Files:
eurusdzz.jpg  105 kb
gbpusdzz.gif  21 kb

Reason: